Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is Someone Else Signing For Stan Lee? Post Ugliest Stan Lee Signatures7804

Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I understand these are CGC SS Verified books, but if I saw these raw, I would swear these were fake signatures.

"Ironically" these 3 books are from the same seller, and all 3 of these books look fake.

Let's see your ugliest Stan Lee Signatures!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
Not really impressed with any of his signatures on mine.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
Mr. Lee's health has been in decline for some time now and by all outward appearances, he was being forced to sign while not in a particularly good state of mind for a few shows earlier this year. Videos surfaced showing his handlers spelling out his name for him and even assisting him with holding the pen, if memory serves. All of this created a bit of a crusade to get him help that was quickly aided by some big names in the industry. Mr. Lee has since retired from conventions and does precious few private signings either in or close to his home. The signatures show by the OP would fall into the worst of the times he had while signing. He has also been known to swap hands while signing. I believe he is normally a lefty but with age and huge volumes working against him, he has learned to sign with his right hand as well.

Any or all of these could be at play in the OP's pics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Who is "3 May" and why would they sign a Venom book?

Lol, I thought that was the Stan signature, but I see it now on Venom's body.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
The man is pretty old.I am very proud and amazed of what he has done for his fans.To get any stuff signed right now is amazing to me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
I have studied stan lees signature through the years for over 3 years now. I know the flow of his signature and h have seen the examples. That is a real signature. And a good one for how he has been signing lately. Those came out really nice. You can actually read them
Post 6 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused. Is this thread about the declining signature recognizability of Stan Lee, the aging Civil War General or ...? Oh, wait a minute, that's Robert E. Lee.

Post 7 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica I was actually calling into question if someone else was signing his name for him.

But I didnt realize to what @MedicAR was saying where he learned to sign with both hands, which explains his varied look.

The 3 signatures I posted above feel like a 'Jack Kirby' style where others could be signing for him?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@CatmanAmerica I was actually calling into question if someone else was signing his name for him.

But I didnt realize to what @MedicAR was saying where he learned to sign with both hands, which explains his varied look.

The 3 signatures I posted above feel like a 'Jack Kirby' style where others could be signing for him?

Yeah, I was just having a little fun with the topic. I'm beginning to think he needs a ghost signer.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II

Yeah, I was just having a little fun with the topic. I'm beginning to think he needs a ghost signer.

I was trying to have a tad bit of fun too but it got serious real fast.

Maybe the role of ghost signer is up for grabs.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

My friend got this signed for me at the now infamous Silicon Valley Comic-Con earlier this year.

I wouldn’t believe this was legit if it weren’t in a Yellow label.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin89
Not really impressed with any of his signatures on mine.

I think they look better than average for his recent signatures. The AF 15 especially.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

My friend got this signed for me at the now infamous Silicon Valley Comic-Con earlier this year.

Man that is really bad. I feel for you (and Stan!).
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

so bad that all of their mouths dropped.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
I met him a few years ago was happy to see him in person.
He signed a iron man helmet I have.
I hope to reach his age one day and still move around like he does.
Post 19 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He came to Dale Roberts Comics booth where I was working at a Wizard show several years ago in Philadelphia, PA. He was so small and fragile then, I can only imagine what he's like now.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Ouch. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

also ouch.

you can still feel the pep in his step though, while signing these.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
thought this would fit.....
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
edt
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My only Stan Lee

Post 24 IP   flag post
600860 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?