Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Customer Service Update (11/5/2018)7792

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Customer Service update.

Our phones are currently down from the storm this past weekend, so if you cannot get ahold of customer service by phone ( Lines are still down as of 12 Noon ) please try emailing customer service until the issue are corrected

We appologize for any inconvienence , however CBCS is open and we are working away, just phones are down
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update Darryl!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Curious..

How does a storm cause a phone line to say "You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service"?

I've never seen a storm or any outage do that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Curious..

How does a storm cause a phone line to say "You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service"?

you are correct in what the recording says.......this is a tad concerning I must say.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Seriously??? You act like the phone companies are totally on top of things!!! If you get that quality of service from your carrier, let me know what it is. I've gotten all kind of different messages on the phone when the lines are knocked out by a storm. And now that you bring it up, never once have I heard a phone company reply saying that an outage is due to a storm. Maybe they save that message for hurricanes!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Happened in 2009 to the TV station I was working at. Ice storm knocked out the phone lines for a few days. It was pretty nice actually.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Seriously??? You act like the phone companies are totally on top of things!!! If you get that quality of service from your carrier, let me know what it is. I've gotten all kind of different messages on the phone when the lines are knocked out by a storm. And now that you bring it up, never once have I heard a phone company reply saying that an outage is due to a storm. Maybe they save that message for hurricanes!!

Ah! OK...I worked for the big Telco up here in Canada and that recording would come on when the lines are pulled from the switching center, meaning deliberately pulled....my apologies as maybe it works differently in the US.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
*shrug* Phone service by Comcast? Seriously, when I lived up north, every winter the cable lines would go down because someone couldn't be bothered to keep the trees trimmed. Same with power on more than one occasion.

Does Dallas flood as bad as Houston does w/ the storms?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O all I'm saying is that its curious as to the recorded message.

I've had many lines go down over the years and have yet to get that one. Usually it simply rings indefinitely, or hangs up on the person calling when lines are down, as "down" and "not in service" are two different things. Not in service means the line doesn't exist.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Actually, "not in service" covers a lot of things. Outages due to a storm is one of them. Technically, every phone effected by the storm is "out of service". That message is VERY generic and covers a litany of reasons, that is why they use it. Maybe different companies do different things, but in my experience, I would expect that message if I called a phone that was out due to a storm.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
So, if CBCS had their phone lines disconnected, does any one really believe that they would have left this chat board active so every one could bitch about it? Indeed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Do you mind explaining this??? Especially the "Steal Books" part.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Clearly, this is how everyone is acting about their books. CBCS is not trying to steal anyone's books or act shady. This meme is making fun of everyone freaking out over their books with CBCS over 9 months. Calm down, Jesse. It's social commentary. Nothing more, nothing less.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
So, if CBCS had their phone lines disconnected, does any one really believe that they would have left this chat board active so every one could bitch about it? Indeed.

Its a florida number. I would expect that at some point it would be disconnected and flipped to a texas number, along with the 800# routed to texas as well.

Do I think cbcs cant afford a phone bill? LOL.

More plausible would be customer service personnel cutting thw lines themselves for a few days break from all the bitching customers
Post 15 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O all I'm saying is that its curious as to the recorded message.

I've had many lines go down over the years and have yet to get that one. Usually it simply rings indefinitely, or hangs up on the person calling when lines are down, as "down" and "not in service" are two different things. Not in service means the line doesn't exist.

As someone who lives in the Metroplex (that's D/FW for everyone else) I can corroborate the fact that we've had stormy weather recently. While I have no idea why an outage would prompt such an ambiguous message, the recording is entirely plausible if the damage was localized to CBCS lines and few if any other businesses in the area suffered similar disrupted service.

FTR, I picked up books just prior to the storm and the blue CBCS welcome mat was still in front of the door when I left.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Thanks for explaining that. Since both the Hurricane and the move are actual events and the phone lines ARE down right now, I think you can see how someone would see that meme and deduce that CBCS has a record of stealing books. Especially, someone new to grading.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm probably fairly high on the "goddamnit, not this guy" list with @Jesse_O & the rest of the CBCS staff ATM, but even with my mountain of salt I don't think CBCS is involved in any nefarious shenanigans.

Its IT stuff. Commercial multi-line phone systems, networked computers, and the unholiest of unholies, copiers & fax machines; all these things break from time to time...or always in the case of copiers & fax machines.

I'm sure it will be fixed.

...the impulse to throw shade is damn near overpowering, but I'll be nice. Its my good deed for the year.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Clearly, this is how everyone is acting about their books. CBCS is not trying to steal anyone's books or act shady. This meme is making fun of everyone freaking out over their books with CBCS over 9 months. Calm down, Jesse. It's social commentary. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ummm, shoulda photoshopped another "e" in there, making it "steel books" ...then you could blame that mind blowing meme on special edition Blu-Ray collectors.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Well... yeah.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@X51 This has the makings of a great script for a Fanboys sequel. It'll start with a bunch of comic collectors pulling a Dark Knight / Joker style raid on CBCS; but instead of rappelling onto the roof to cut the phone lines, these guys will show up with the full Comcast technician toolkit to *fix* the phone lines. The second group will proceed to enter the building carrying boxes of raw books and a bag full of money, with pre-filled-out submission forms...
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Curious..

That i cannot explain. We were also able to call out all day as well.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Hi Darryl, thanks for keeping us updated. There is a problem with one of my recent orders. No big deal, but I really do need to get it corrected. I emailed Customer Service about it last Wednesday (almost a week ago, exact time stamp is October 31, 2018 7:38 AM). When should I hear back? Thanks for your help.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
CBCS Customer Service update.

Our phones are currently down from the storm this past weekend, so if you cannot get ahold of customer service by phone ( Lines are still down as of 12 Noon ) please try emailing customer service until the issue are corrected

We appologize for any inconvienence , however CBCS is open and we are working away, just phones are down

it's not like you could get anyone on the phone lately. lol
so CBCS is back to normal. ;0
Post 25 IP   flag post
Phone systems act crazy all the time. It's common to call out but not even aware no one can call in. After about 1pm if no one has gotten calls all day I would begin to get suspicious.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Phone systems act crazy all the time. It's common to call out but not even aware no one can call in. After about 1pm if no one has gotten calls all day I would begin to get suspicious.

Word considering TATs still suck. My pressed submission for 3 moderns to cgc is probably going to beat my 2 submission ART slab, which was quoted at 3 weeks lmao..smh...no newtons though...which is huge especially when submitting art.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I'm probably fairly high on the "goddamnit, not this guy" list with @Jesse_O & the rest of the CBCS staff ATM, but even with my mountain of salt I don't think CBCS is involved in any nefarious shenanigans.

Its IT stuff. Commercial multi-line phone systems, networked computers, and the unholiest of unholies, copiers & fax machines; all these things break from time to time...or always in the case of copiers & fax machines.

I'm sure it will be fixed.

...the impulse to throw shade is damn near overpowering, but I'll be nice. Its my good deed for the year.

You mean just here, right?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Logan510 *shrug* Its been a very nice day; no reason to change that.
Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
601289 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?