Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! So I need some options. I know at the end of the the day it comes down to personal preference but what are your guys thoughts on this trade?
I have the front cover to dtevteuve comics issue 36, it is the 10th overall Batman appearance and 6th cover ever, it is a classic cover and is a pre robin Tec which are so hard to find and pricy always, the cover is so scarce and presents nicely in the case. It features the first appernace of Hugo Strange and overall is a simple beauty and if I ever find a coverless copy I could marry the two and get a qualified grade.

The thing I am trading it for it a raw page. It’s the 22nd page from captain America 1, which features the first appernace of cap, buck and the red skull. This page is from the red skull story and is one of the coolest in the entire book. It is the first fight between cap and red skull ever and is nice supple pages. The page for cap 1 is not graded by I would plan to have it graded anyways.

What do you guys think? Is it a good fair trade? What should I do. I think I am going to accept it but I just care for another option before I do. Thank you

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea of the potential "value" of each of these pieces, but I would opt for the Captain America page purely on aesthetic grounds. It's a clean action-packed page suitable for display. The Detective cover is a bit of a needle in the eye. I would not enjoy looking at it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I love Captain America 1, but the cover art is where it's at. The page might be worth 5-700, think the cover is worth more I think you put the cover on eBay, I was bidding on it,the you took it down, love the pre robin Tec's
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
The Captain America page because it displays well and it’s just looks better.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you soft the feedback, I still have to think about it, I might be going with the cap 1 page and trading off the Tec cover. But I’m 100% just yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I would make that trade, I think that page is awesome.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea on market value of either, but I would prefer to own the Cap page based on aesthetics alone
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Neither. Sorry. Being honest.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I would choose the Cap 1 page:

- aesthetically more pleasing
- 1st appearance of Cap, Buck and Red Skull
- 1st fight between Cap and Skull
- Art: both sides of page
- No tape
- needs to be encapsulated
- internal page

vs.

Tec 36:

- aesthetically less pleasing
- early Batman appearance but not 1st appearance.
- 1st Hugo Strange (but not visible)
- tape
- already encapsulated
- cover
- pre-Robin book

Both are historically significant
Both are of the same time period

EDIT: An argument can be made that this Tec 36 is not the 1st appearance of Dr. Hugo Strange as he does not appear on the cover and obviously nowhere else on this piece.

The Captain America page absolutely has the 1st appearances.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you guys for all the opinions my final decision is I’m accepting the trade. I care for he cover a lot but I agree that the red skull page is much nicer Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I sold my Captain America comic 1 many years ago, used the money to help with a down payment for a house. I still get a tear in my eye when I think about it
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I am the worst trader in history, so I would sell something and buy the Captain and own both.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like a fair trade that would make both of you happy. Each item could be worth just as much as each other to the right person
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Neither appeal to me, but if they did I'd trade away the tec cover simply because it looks brittle or pretty close to it. You can't regain page quality. It is pretty close to being dust. The cap page has a longer future.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
Do it. I'm thinking that Cap 1 is more important and easier to look at
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I would have made that trade in a heartbeat, and I'm a much bigger Batman fan than I am of Captain America.
Post 16 IP   flag post
601347 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?