Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

A personalized exchange w/ Jeromy Murray, VP of CBCS & Beckett.7761

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer They already dropped the ban hammer on the shill account.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
credit card companies wont allow disputed chargebacks older than 6 months typically.

Thanks! Did not know that...Best,Ray

I'm not sure what you were suggesting. They had/have his books, so getting a charge reversed still doesn't get him his property back.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@shrewbeer They already dropped the ban hammer on the shill account.

It'd be nice to see how many shill accounts he's had shut down over the years. Probably hundreds.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 I was suggesting that he goes to the CC or bank to complain. They in turn open a claim by contacting the grading company ..that starts the search for answers on why the grading was not done in a 'reasonable" amount of time. Perhaps someone at the company did drop the ball..and the books were misplaced-or something - even an honest mistake- there has to be accountability and I believe in the old expression "Squeaky wheel gets the grease".
Post 79 IP   flag post
Its been a solid week (seven days) since the communication from Mr. Murray stating that my order would be pulled "tomorrow" followed by a refund of the remaining money within 3-5 business days...and nada.

No status update, no shipping confirmation on the return of my property, and (having just gotten off the phone with them) no refund to the credit card.

I tried the customer service e-mail earlier in the week, and got the automated reply. @dieinfinite was kind enough to lead me to the new/temporary Customer Service phone number...nope, haven't gotten through there either. So I tried again today, about five minutes ago, via a direct e-mail:

"Good afternoon ma'am. I am reaching out to you personally with regard to order #18-23F85C5. I corresponded with Mr. Jeromy Murray on 11/1/18 regarding this order, and I believe you are the customer service representative CC'd on the e-mail. I was provided the following information by Mr. Jeromy at 2:50PM in his e-mail response.

"We will pull your order and have it shipped back by tomorrow. The $385 will be refunded back to your credit card, once the order ships, and will show up in 3-5 business days (depending on your bank)."

It has been seven days, and I have not received my property, nor has my credit card company received a refund. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service, and all I received in reply was an automated reply.

I understand that my persistence in requesting a status update on an order submitted in person at Comicpalooza in May may well have been irritating. Frankly, your company has been in possession of my money and my property for far beyond the estimated service period; my lack of patience should, at the very least, be understandable. However, the lack of return shipment tracking information, or even notification, is troubling; especially when I checked with my credit card company and verified that no refund has been posted.

Please extend me the courtesy of informing me as to the status of my property and funds.

Thank you for your time & attention."

*Update*

Sent another e-mail to Mr. Murray as well; changed out "ma'am" for "sir".

Called the customer service number & spoke with Mrs. Kendra, who is amazingly polite. She placed me on a brief hold, and was able to get things done! Pretty sure praise from me would be seen as more of an indictment than an endorsement; so I'll just say "thank you ma'am." My books have been pulled, in the raw, after 23 weeks. They will be shipped back to me today. Refund is in the form of a check since its past the deadline for direct refund to the credit card; should have that in hand in a couple of weeks.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
@X51 I was suggesting that he goes to the CC or bank to complain. They in turn open a claim by contacting the grading company ..that starts the search for answers on why the grading was not done in a 'reasonable" amount of time. Perhaps someone at the company did drop the ball..and the books were misplaced-or something - even an honest mistake- there has to be accountability and I believe in the old expression "Squeaky wheel gets the grease".

I don't have enough confidence in the bank to question anything or get CBCS to spend anytime researching the issue. It's easier to say that the books are lost, take the money. The "squeaky wheel" analogy is fine and it can work. The alternative for them is to buy a new cart and remove the old one from service. In this case, they've already shown that they don't care if they lose a customer.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Because I know how forgiving us collectors can be I find it bizarre that upper management is handling the negative reaction to these crazy turnaround times the way they are. All we would need is the slightest modicum of communication, even exasperated honesty from them.

Being consumed by Beckett was supposed to be a step in a better direction, but this is clearly not the case.

Shame on them for the way they handled this one.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
In my head I keep comparing this situation to the restaurant industry. I was a server and bartender and restaurants for most of my adult life. Sometimes everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong under the roof of a restaurant. There's been those crazy nights where we ran out of everything because we couldn't get a delivery that week, the fry guy called out so whoever was on sautee had to work two stations. There weren't enough servers scheduled so the floor plan had the service staff spread thin. On nights like this there's just no way to make everyone happy, but you do the best you can and you push forward and somehow you make it through. There are going to be customers who get exasperated and aren't willing to wait any longer for their food and they leave. If you catch them before they exit, a manager worth his salt will do everything he can to implore them to give the restaurant another chance on another night. He will make no excuses for the evening, give them some sort of incentive to return like a gift certificate, etc, and bid them a good night and hope that they return. You take the kicks with some dignity because after all, mama said there'd be days like this.

What you don't do is charge the table for the two Cokes that they drank while they waited an hour for food that never came. If they threaten to call corporate to complain you don't give them the 800 number for corporate and tell him to get out.

CBCS Steaks and Shakes is having a bad day. Management is not handling it well. If I'm going to continue to eat here (slabbing books) somebody's going to have to get some management training or get replaced.
Post 83 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect analogy! The only crimp is your restaurant has a thousand competitors lined up to serve your patrons....in this industry there's only 1 other comparable competitor....and perhaps they know that.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully my order will go through with the quickness when you all call and cancel your shit.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley I don’t know if I’d call 23 weeks w/ no progress “the quickness,” but at the very least my order is out of your way.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@BabaLament I don't expect any miracles.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
am at 21 weeks and still havent got my comics back, i may be calling up MY CC number and do a chargeback on this, as not getting my books back in the 12 weeks they said it should take. omfg this is to long.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Gotta give credit where credit is due; when they said my books would be returned tomorrow, they followed through. FedEx man arrived this morning, all property returned.

It didn't stay in the house long. Its bagged, boarded, boxed, and surrendered into the loving arms of USPS. Books are on their way to Florida; hopefully to make their way home in less than 23 weeks this time around.

Paid for 15 business days, which smarts some on 75 books. Wanted to send the whole 200 in one shot, but until I discover the secret of the self-paying mortgage, I'm gonna have to tamper my enthusiasm for another couple of paydays.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Good luck with that. I gave up across the street. Hopefully you have better experiences than I did.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
What were your experiences?
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Gotta give credit where credit is due; when they said my books would be returned tomorrow, they followed through. FedEx man arrived this morning, all property returned.

It didn't stay in the house long. Its bagged, boarded, boxed, and surrendered into the loving arms of USPS. Books are on their way to Florida; hopefully to make their way home in less than 23 weeks this time around.

Paid for 15 business days, which smarts some on 75 books. Wanted to send the whole 200 in one shot, but until I discover the secret of the self-paying mortgage, I'm gonna have to tamper my enthusiasm for another couple of paydays.

I wonder how often this is happening now...customers requesting their books be returned? I'd be shocked if you're the only one.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
What were your experiences?
Broken slabs 4 times, including my two most recent submissions, due to poor packaging. Reslab would be out of my pocket. Was told that their slabs didn't cause warping when the frankenslab came out, despite sending photographic evidence to the contrary. I can live with Newton rings, but I can't fix poor packing short of taking a pay cut to work in CGC's shipping department.
Post 93 IP   flag post
597875 93 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?