Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

A personalized exchange w/ Jeromy Murray, VP of CBCS & Beckett.7761

Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Like just about any other business in the world would do.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
@MR_SigS That's a bit of a hyper-condensed version of the "general thinking". Hiring the necessary staff to speed things up is more likely what the majority of people on here feel would be prudent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker1

Just saying I doubt they're doing nothing ("marshmallows & graham crackers" ).
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Just going by the physical evidence (or lack thereof) @MR_Sigs.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
@MR_SigS That's a bit of a hyper-condensed version of the "general thinking". Hiring the necessary staff to speed things up is more likely what the majority of people on here feel would be prudent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker1

Just saying I doubt they're doing nothing ("marshmallows & graham crackers" ).

We all know that CBCS wants to speed up TATS, we also know that they have hired more staff and hopefully they will start making a dent soon. But,in my opinion, it was the tone and attitude of the response that was "marshmallows & graham crackers".
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@KYoung_1974 100%
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Sorry you had to go through all that. It took 25 and a half weeks for mine to come back graded. Im going to be waiting for a while to submit more books also. I have not been impressed with CBCS customer service since Beckett bought them. I felt Jeromy Murray should have jumped out in front of the TAT situation a lot sooner than he did. I was already way past my TAT when that email came out. I know TATs can change really quickly for them, and they have no idea how many books they will receive at cons. But the way I look at it is that I had already given them my money for a service so I should be receiving updated on when its done and whats being done to get it done. If I pay a contractor to add on to my house I will want him to tell me when hes getting the supplies, when hes starting, when he will be done and if there are any hold ups I expect him to inform me. Even something saying how there are 3000 books ahead would be better than it will be done when its done.

To be honest he makes me a little hesitant about submitting to CBCS again. He could have told you how many orders are ahead of yours or given you a more definitive date. Even if he said it would be done in 3 more weeks. CBCS said that when they moved to Dallas they only had one customer service rep. I feel that he should have hired someone before the move and told them a start date.

It sounds like the only reason he responded to your email was because you mentioned legal action.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user

This pretty much sums up the whole situation on CBCS's part. I love their product, but they have continuously shot themselves in the foot.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Gamecube2482 Again, I didn't mention, threaten, or take any sort of legal action. I provided information that CBCS may not have been aware of; the legal department practiced for years under Florida, not Texas, law.

Things are a lil' different around these parts.

Anyhow, it was taken the wrong way by screening, kicked up to the VP, and resulted in two things:

First, a couple inches of CYA e-mail in addition to the read-between-the-lines request that I perform a certain impossible anatomical act.

Second, CBCS updated the TAT times to reflect reality for the first time in a year; so obviously the information I provided was evaluated by someone, and it was determined that further CYA in the form of updating the TAT's was required...thus validating the point I made in the redacted section.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Hi all!

Hey, I've got a stalker!

After this episode, I figured I'd give the competition a try. So I signed up, said "hi" in their forum, and did a little venting regarding the situation here. I didn't repost the entire thread, just hit the high points. A former CBCS forum member who was smote by the Ban Hammer said hi; which was neat, he was always nice to me. Always fun to catch up.

Anyhow, somebody who's been keeping current looked me up and decided to drop their two cents in, taking the company position. Figured I'd say "hi" too.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, that's typical.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament I can understand why you as well as many others are so frustrated. I have a single book with no perks passing the 31 week mark, I have three, 2-day books, no perks, subbed in July. I too have been wondering what's going.... However, with very little to no appearances or announcements on the board, I have become more concerned with the welfare of the CBCS team. I've been praying they are all safe, healthy and just busy at work.

On a lighter note: As a 5+ year veteran of using the competition let me be the first to extend my condolences. Have fun but be careful my friend.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@X51 Apparently its some guy named Stu, who has been ban-hammered on both ends, but keeps setting up shill accounts. *shrug* Takes all I kinds I suppose.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@X51 Apparently its some guy named Stu, who has been ban-hammered on both ends, but keeps setting up shill accounts. *shrug* Takes all I kinds I suppose.

I'm familiar with him. It's best to avoid him.
Some would say that about me, but I only bite back when cornered and bombarded with lies perpetrated against me.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
“Venting” lol
Post 64 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh I’ve gotten love letters from Stu as well. Mental illness is a dangerous problem in this country. These people drive on our roads and live in our neighborhoods.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament - one word - Avoid
Post 66 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
@BabaLament I can understand why you as well as many others are so frustrated. I have a single book with no perks passing the 31 week mark, I have three, 2-day books, no perks, subbed in July.

Ouch. FYI, I subbed about 50 books across the street early in September (on the 7th, I believe). I got them back a couple weeks ago, so about six weeks, all-in. They shipped back in two batches, on the 22nd and the 24th of October.

If you sub now, they should get back by Christmas.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid - I did my time with cgc, I’m not going back. I appreciate the info though 🍺
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid I have my box of 205 books ready to ship; only thing I'm waiting on is for the stuff I had at CBCS to be returned so I can send it all down in one shipment. The shipping on this is going to be beastly.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament I thought you did a great job articulating the problem (lack of Service) and resolution (grade or return).

I wonder ( I'm sorry If this was covered but I didn't see it) what would happen if you filed a claim with your credit card company or bank that services were not rendered in time ? If they opened up a claim and refunded your money could that have "rang the bell" over at grading - and expedited services?

I wonder if many of the big hitters here on the board (you know who you are - 100+ books per shipment) step back from grading ( revenue loss to company) will the Grading companies re-evaluate their grading/shipping /TAT policies?

Thoughts?
Ray
Post 70 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
credit card companies wont allow disputed chargebacks older than 6 months typically.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Tedsaid I have my box of 205 books ready to ship; only thing I'm waiting on is for the stuff I had at CBCS to be returned so I can send it all down in one shipment. The shipping on this is going to be beastly.

Wow, that is a big order. I'm about to send maybe 30-40 moderns and about 50 pre-moderns (mostly bronze age), but that will be it for awhile. (I've been trying the pre-screen for the first time. The 48 moderns I just got back were 41 out of 48 at 9.8. We'll see if I can do as well on the others, especially the pre-1975 comics.)
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
credit card companies wont allow disputed chargebacks older than 6 months typically.

Thanks! Did not know that...Best,Ray
Post 73 IP   flag post
Mr. Murray suggested my order would be pulled & start the refund on 11/02/18. If that's the case, and it takes 3-5 business days to process, I'm not going to be concerned until Thursday. Close to the wire on six months, but not quite there yet.

I did just send an e-mail to customer service requesting an update as to my order being pulled & refund status, and got the instant robo-mail reply.

At this point my frustration is pretty much spent, since there isn't much more I can do. Without an update from a human being, I'm going to wait it out until Thursday, then check with the credit card company; that being five business days. If they don't have a refund to process, and I don't have any sort of shipping confirmation, I'm going to dispute the charges & file a loss claim with my insurance.
Post 74 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
read-between-the-lines request that I perform a certain impossible anatomical act.

LOL

Your new friend will likely tell you the same as well
Post 75 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer They already dropped the ban hammer on the shill account.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Thanks! Did not know that...Best,Ray

I'm not sure what you were suggesting. They had/have his books, so getting a charge reversed still doesn't get him his property back.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
@shrewbeer They already dropped the ban hammer on the shill account.

It'd be nice to see how many shill accounts he's had shut down over the years. Probably hundreds.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@X51 I was suggesting that he goes to the CC or bank to complain. They in turn open a claim by contacting the grading company ..that starts the search for answers on why the grading was not done in a 'reasonable" amount of time. Perhaps someone at the company did drop the ball..and the books were misplaced-or something - even an honest mistake- there has to be accountability and I believe in the old expression "Squeaky wheel gets the grease".
Post 79 IP   flag post
Its been a solid week (seven days) since the communication from Mr. Murray stating that my order would be pulled "tomorrow" followed by a refund of the remaining money within 3-5 business days...and nada.

No status update, no shipping confirmation on the return of my property, and (having just gotten off the phone with them) no refund to the credit card.

I tried the customer service e-mail earlier in the week, and got the automated reply. @dieinfinite was kind enough to lead me to the new/temporary Customer Service phone number...nope, haven't gotten through there either. So I tried again today, about five minutes ago, via a direct e-mail:

"Good afternoon ma'am. I am reaching out to you personally with regard to order #18-23F85C5. I corresponded with Mr. Jeromy Murray on 11/1/18 regarding this order, and I believe you are the customer service representative CC'd on the e-mail. I was provided the following information by Mr. Jeromy at 2:50PM in his e-mail response.

"We will pull your order and have it shipped back by tomorrow. The $385 will be refunded back to your credit card, once the order ships, and will show up in 3-5 business days (depending on your bank)."

It has been seven days, and I have not received my property, nor has my credit card company received a refund. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service, and all I received in reply was an automated reply.

I understand that my persistence in requesting a status update on an order submitted in person at Comicpalooza in May may well have been irritating. Frankly, your company has been in possession of my money and my property for far beyond the estimated service period; my lack of patience should, at the very least, be understandable. However, the lack of return shipment tracking information, or even notification, is troubling; especially when I checked with my credit card company and verified that no refund has been posted.

Please extend me the courtesy of informing me as to the status of my property and funds.

Thank you for your time & attention."

*Update*

Sent another e-mail to Mr. Murray as well; changed out "ma'am" for "sir".

Called the customer service number & spoke with Mrs. Kendra, who is amazingly polite. She placed me on a brief hold, and was able to get things done! Pretty sure praise from me would be seen as more of an indictment than an endorsement; so I'll just say "thank you ma'am." My books have been pulled, in the raw, after 23 weeks. They will be shipped back to me today. Refund is in the form of a check since its past the deadline for direct refund to the credit card; should have that in hand in a couple of weeks.
Post 80 IP   flag post
597876 93 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?