Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHEST-GRADED-STAR-WARS-COMICS-COMPLETE-SET-ALL-GRADED-9-8-1-107-SPECTACULAR/123053510407
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like the $64,000 Question (but closer to $65K). I wonder if they will get any serious offers.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Epic collection...dude must want a down payment on a house. Not sure if selling them all together is wise, but that is my humble opinion. Gotta love that signed #1 though!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Its a cool set of books and couldn't have been easy (or cheap) to assemble but the price seems really. excessive.

I'm not buying it but what do you think is a fair price for it?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
$600 a piece? That is asking a lot. Even considering that terrific Signed copy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting to say the very least.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say a fair price for this would be low $30K range. Still higher than the sum of each book but add in the effort etc to put this collection together!

Even with the signed book (which is volatile, going from $10K+ down to $5K) it's still far off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Selling as a set is a brutal way to find a buyer, should be discounted. Besides the unicorn signed copy of #1, most of these (90 out of the 107 )can barely sell for a couple bucks each non CGC graded and $50.00 to $100.00 graded for 9.8 commons. Anything over $10,000.00 would be a stretch, maybe $15,000.00. Should be sold individually if the seller wants to maximize his collection.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$25,000 tops for the entire set graded. $200 each.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This set must have taken some time to obtain. You usually don't see them all in one place.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Personally, I think half the fun of having a set like that is the building of it.
-My son is building a set like that now, which is how I found this one. There aren't a lot of key books in the set.

The signed #1 would drive me nuts until I could get Harrison Ford to sign it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Getting Ford to sign it is unfortunately, 1 in a million.
Post 12 IP   flag post
C-3P0 can give you the odds.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This listing makes me think whether a large sum of books sold together commands a discount or a premium.

I think a sum of random, unrelated books should come with a discount. But a large sum of related books (a run) really should command a premium. All the work has been done here...high grade, full SW run...theres value in the work this guy did.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
You have to factor who your potential buying audience is and what kind of funds they have available. The price knocks a lot of collectors out of the market even if that set was a goal one day.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
You have to factor who your potential buying audience is and what kind of funds they have available. The price knocks a lot of collectors out of the market even if that set was a goal one day.

Not sure if it a goal or not yet but I am already 3/4 of the way there....maybe that will be my next run to complete?? Not for that $$ though!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O What's the shipping on 108 books w/ insurance of $64k? If that sale goes through, FedEx gonna love someone long time.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I guess there's two ways to look at it:

1- He should discount because hes trying to move a large number of books and as had been stated there will be a limited group of buyers

2- He should charge a premium because all of the work has been done and you know all of the books are 9.8s. I'm pretty sure he had to buy considerably more than 108 books in order to build the entire run in 9.8.

Personally, I usually enjoy the hunt.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament LOL!! Well, if CBCS was shipping them back to you, it looks like they max out at 30 slabs a box. So, if they split it into 4 equal shipments and divide the $64K by four (same insurance on all the packages) that would be 4 boxes of 27 slabs insured for $16K each. That ends up being $96 a box or $384 total. It's a steal!!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Are all comics white pages? If not...pass.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
VERY cool collection! Although I would be out just because Issue #1 is a miswrap cover
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
No 35 cent variants....only thing holding me back....
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
No 35 cent variants....only thing holding me back....

If he had a graded 9.8, $0.35 News stand #1 in there then I could see him somewhat....almost.....maybe....justifying the price.
Post 24 IP   flag post
598008 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?