Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Mutants 98 - returned from grading7659

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I would update everyone, especially @Masochism. The New Mutants 98 book has been graded and is on it's way to me.

Here is what I said when I received it: "The book looks beautiful. Maybe a few too many dents on the spine, a few color breaking. Probably a 9.0, hopefully a 9.2, could be an 8.5 (but I doubt it). I'll get it pressed and graded eventually, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it."

And this, about the stain on the inside cover: "Just FYI, I looked again, and finally found it. Man, it is faint. But it's there ... doesn't look like a water stain, and don't know enough about what caused it, but it's one of those moisture irregular circles of faint dirt left behind. Maybe it will clean off."

Well, I was correct: it is coming back as a 9.0 (OW/W). Grader notes say, "light spine stress lines to cover; small stain interior front cover."

So, a good deal for me. With the c&p and grade, I essentially paid GPA, thought it appears they go for higher at MyComicShop. (And for some reason the GPA on the 8.5 is higher. I guess this one has room to increase in value.)

Not sure yet if I will keep it. Maybe for awhile. I liked the movies, so might be worth having this particular key.

Almost forgot! I also got the bonus art with the sale, which looks fantastic. @Masochism, what the story on that, anyway? I forgot to ask. I can't read any of it, really, but maybe it's signed twice by the same person? One in 2016? Who are the artists?

Anyway, glad it worked out for everyone involved.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Because GPA tracks actual sales rather than attempting to forecast price trends, if a book has sold higher in a lower grade, that is what you see. Generally it can have the effect of causing the higher grade book to move upward depending on the grades above and below ...and the market
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

Almost forgot! I also got the bonus art with the sale, which looks fantastic. @Masochism, what the story on that, anyway? I forgot to ask. I can't read any of it, really, but maybe it's signed twice by the same person? One in 2016? Who are the artists?

Anyway, glad it worked out for everyone

I thought the artist was @Masochism ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember this debacle. Glad it worked out for everybody involved.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

Anyway, glad it worked out for everyone

I thought the artist was @Masochism ?

Thanks for the info, @Darkseid_of_town I'm guessing it is a temporary effect then.

I don't know, @poka. Kyle is an artist, and a damn good one from what I can tell, but the signature looks like a "J C" name to me, not "K W." Anyway, I reckon the man himself will let us know soon enough.

Also, I should apologize to @drchaos for that thread. I mean, I still disagree with what he did, but reading back on it, I see I used a pretty harsh tone in places. I didn't mean for it to come across like that, but it clearly did, and I'm sorry.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
I would have loved to have seen an actual pic of the stain that started it all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
I would have loved to have seen an actual pic of the stain that started it all.

Sorry, man. I didn't think to take a picture. How about some awesome cosplay instead?

Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

still better than my copy
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve bought & sold this book 2x now. I should learn my lesson & focus on books I wanna keep. And yet, I’m thinking “I should get one of those”. It’s the collector in me, I guess.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600698 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?