Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Bloodshot 0 Platinum Error Edition7653

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
if anyone has the cash for it, not me.i think ill just watch and see what it go for.
clickable text
The Platinum Error variants don't often come to market but one sale of a top graded (9.8) CGC certified copy made over $5,000 in 2008; in December 2016, one sold on valiantfans.com for $3,100 with the difference likely down to more being discovered (hence not quite as rare as once thought) but maybe it would have gone higher if more bidders were able to participate.
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Where is evidence that it's a "recalled misprint"? I'm more inclined to believe that Valiant purposely printed things like this in the same way that card manufacturers printed chase cards.

The comic itself with the normal cover is a complete dud. Rare or not, this is not anything I'd want to own even if it was $20.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Where is evidence that it's a "recalled misprint"? I'm more inclined to believe that Valiant purposely printed things like this in the same way that card manufacturers printed chase cards.

The comic itself with the normal cover is a complete dud. Rare or not, this is not anything I'd want to own even if it was $20.

did you read the 2nd link.

The platinum "error" version of this issue appears to be a gold edition manufactured without the additional gold ink being applied to the chromium cover graphics. Other than the omission of gold ink, this seems identical to the limited edition (5,000) gold issue, including the lack of cover price.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
that's a pretty rare book, brah
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

did you read the 2nd link.

The platinum "error" version of this issue appears to be a gold edition manufactured without the additional gold ink being applied to the chromium cover graphics. Other than the omission of gold ink, this seems identical to the limited edition (5,000) gold issue, including the lack of cover price.

All speculation. How would they explain accidentally making a pink price box? This one is even more rare.

XO #0 has both Ivory & White price box versions. Both are common, but one is listed as an error. Really? They accidentally made half of the print run a different color? There's a blue border variant of a Hard Corp promo poster.

While it's possible that it's an error comic, there is no definitive evidence.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
The same way the hobby has spoken on hulk 181 vs 180 being Wolverine's first appearance,so has the hobby on the rarity of this comic.

The above coupled with CGC's census acknowledge its rarity. Yes you can submit a random modern and say it's the only one on CHC's census, but this book is well known on being a rare error. If more existed they would have popped up by now.

Errors are not my cup of tea, but I wont dismiss it just as newsstands aren't others cup of tea. Regardless how I feel about this, I too am interested to see how much this sells for as I would be for Lethal Protector 1 all white error or a 9.8 My Greatest Adventure 80. It's nice to see these items pop up and potentially find a new home.

Thank you @Scorpion for sharing
Post 6 IP   flag post
I agree it's rare and it's some people's cup of tea. I'm not convinced it was a mistake.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600882 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?