Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Hamilton Comic Con Haul...7649

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my haul from today's Comic Con as a CBCS AW...very happy with a lot of the stuff I got. Just posting in case anyone curious in checking it out.

Dale Keown Signed Haul...sending in Astonishing X-Men, Thors, Star Wars and Pitt for Grading.

Jim Shooter Signed Haul...sending in Web of Spider-Man #1 and Daredevil #148 for Grading.

Leonard Kirk Signed Haul..........

Ben Templesmith signed Haul....this guy is fantastic, had a nice long chat with him. Told him I was on the fence about 30 Days of Night or Fell being sent in because the 30 Days is an Anniversary Issue. Said something might be in the works with Fell and said he usually does the xs symbol on the cover, but also said he'd give me a head sketch on the cover that he doesn't do very often because he wanted to make my decision easy for me because the 30 Days is a reprint! Another side story, I was curious why he puts the "ZZZZZZ" on the cover when he signs. Apparently the cover artist did it and they had no creative control over the cover. The cover (as anyone who's read the book) knows it has nothing to do with the story, so he pokes fun at it..said he had to convince them to put some splatter on the front so people knew it was a horror comic...Decision made easy. Got the feeling he signs a lot of 30 Days books and he's done a hell of a lot outside of that...so I'm happy to be sending in Fell #1 for Grading.

My bin haul...some mixed stuff in there. I wasn't leaving today without an X-Men #4 and #5...I bought #4 for market price and then found a copy in a $5 bin (UGGHGHGHGHG) so I got 2...Snagged a Gold Die!Die!Die! for $10 (which completes the cover collection for issue #1 for me...I know it's a gimic, but I like the series). Think I'me sending in an X-Men #4 for Grading.

Local artist Greg Hyland does a lot of stuff for Lego storyboarding, packaging and movies. He did a Wolverine cover for me. Submitting as Art.

Finally...best for last, this was the highlight of my day and I f**king love this cover, watching Dale Keown sketch this and bring Hulk to life in front of my eyes was both a pleasure and just pure jaw dropping. Submitting as Art.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Love his sig...reminds me of this.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Here's my haul from today's Comic Con as a CBCS AW...very happy with a lot of the stuff I got. Just posting in case anyone curious in checking it out.

Dale Keown Signed Haul...sending in Astonishing X-Men, Thors, Star Wars and Pitt for Grading.

Jim Shooter Signed Haul...sending in Web of Spider-Man #1 and Daredevil #148 for Grading.

Leonard Kirk Signed Haul..........

Ben Templesmith signed Haul....this guy is fantastic, had a nice long chat with him. Told him I was on the fence about 30 Days of Night or Fell being sent in because the 30 Days is an Anniversary Issue. Said something might be in the works with Fell and said he usually does the xs symbol on the cover, but also said he'd give me a head sketch on the cover that he doesn't do very often because he wanted to make my decision easy for me because the 30 Days is a reprint! Another side story, I was curious why he puts the "ZZZZZZ" on the cover when he signs. Apparently the cover artist did it and they had no creative control over the cover. The cover (as anyone who's read the book) knows it has nothing to do with the story, so he pokes fun at it..said he had to convince them to put some splatter on the front so people knew it was a horror comic...Decision made easy. Got the feeling he signs a lot of 30 Days books and he's done a hell of a lot outside of that...so I'm happy to be sending in Fell #1 for Grading.

My bin haul...some mixed stuff in there. I wasn't leaving today without an X-Men #4 and #5...I bought #4 for market price and then found a copy in a $5 bin (UGGHGHGHGHG) so I got 2...Snagged a Gold Die!Die!Die! for $10 (which completes the cover collection for issue #1 for me...I know it's a gimic, but I like the series). Think I'me sending in an X-Men #4 for Grading.

Local artist Greg Hyland does a lot of stuff for Lego storyboarding, packaging and movies. He did a Wolverine cover for me. Submitting as Art.

Finally...best for last, this was the highlight of my day and I f**king love this cover, watching Dale Keown sketch this and bring Hulk to life in front of my eyes was both a pleasure and just pure jaw dropping. Submitting as Art.

Are you going to get the Die Die Die Platinum cover too? It only comes with a McFarlane toys 2 pack. Saw it at NYCC for $50
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Are you going to get the Die Die Die Platinum cover too? It only comes with a McFarlane toys 2 pack. Saw it at NYCC for $50

I havent seen that one before. If I saw it and the price was right, I might...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
My apologies they call it the silver edition:

https://store.skybound.com/products/die-die-die-bloody-2-pack
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Love his sig...reminds me of this.

Did you have to work hard for that sketch?

How much is Dale charging now?

I had to put my name down and wait 5 months.

It was worth it though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
Did you have to work hard for that sketch?

How much is Dale charging now?

I had to put my name down and wait 5 months.

It was worth it though.

I literally dropped my book off at 10am this morning and watched him finish it at 3pm. He did two other covers while he was there a Batman and another Hulk (smirking)...the Batman seemed to take him a long time, probably not something he does as often. The Hulk's he was doing rather effortlessly...

I'll PM you price.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Great haul! I love those sketchcovers!
Post 8 IP   flag post
597993 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?