Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS should offer an invoice fee if books are not created with online invoice, giving people an option to pay more to differ the time involved of data entering. CGC charges $8.00 for paper invoice and $5.00 for online invoice, essentially a $3.00 extra invoice fee for paper invoices.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I hate to sound like I'm passing the buck but if you're having an issue with the rules that are in place for the signature program reach out to Mark Roman. It would be his call to make as to whether or not any leeway could be given.

It's definitely not a matter of wanting anyone to submit fewer books. It's more a matter of time management. If you know you're doing a submission of that size (I know of a few facilitators that do this) do the invoice online before the show, fill in all the names you plan on getting for the ASPs, if you're unable to get some of them cross them out before turning the books in.

There's terms and conditions that are attached to being a facilitator. If you're making money off of the submissions CBCS can't pay someone to do that work for you. That's one of the responsibilities of being a facilitator.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser Point taken but I am a one man shop so NYCC is very difficult for me every year.

Mark has made it clear that the books must be submitted within ten business days without exception.

That is why I am looking to cut corners elsewhere (the paperwork) to make sure that I do not miss the 10 business day cutoff.

The current count is 373 books with about one box to go. Getting more blank forms would help as I can fill those out rather quickly (unlike the online forms).
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Time management would be well spent working on the invoices instead of posting on chat boards.
Post 29 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I would normally reply privately, but since you're making no bones about talking about it publicly, I'll reply as such.

As a facilitator, you are required to follow rules. The same rules that apply to all the other facilitators. That includes doing your own paperwork and getting your orders sent in within 10 days of the convention. This is not something that sprang up at the last minute. These rules have been in place, for ALL facilitators, for a long time.

With the time you've spent on the forum here, reading and replying, you could have spent that time getting your invoices entered and packing up your order.

I agree with you that it would be horrible for CBCS to lose business on comics that you don't get finished and sent off in time, but that is your issue to deal with. So please stop wasting time complaining on the message board and start putting your invoice in the system. The rules will not be broken for you. We want your business, but we are standing firm on the rules. I hope you (or anyone else reading this) will understand and respect that.

Thanks for sharing your tale with us. Now please get your order finished up.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
There should be plenty of time to petition for changes to the guidelines after the online submissions are entered.

A bar code was mentioned above. You can get a label printer to print a barcode for any frequently typed text (titles). Put them in a notebook. Buy a bar code scanner and have it automatically enter the text instead of typing it over and over. You type it once for the label and just scan the bar code for subsequent entries.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Time management would be well spent working on the invoices instead of posting on chat boards.

Meh ... who wouldn't take a 2 minute break for every two hours of data entry? That shit is boring. And you gotta step away every now and then, to stay fresh.

I'm on Dr. Chaos' side on this one. He had a request, it was worth asking. And he was super polite throughout, even though some folks keep piling on. (Not @TimBildhauser though... also very polite and helpful.) And I like hearing posts that talk about process and stuff ... I don't really think about what facilitators go through, so I thought it was interesting getting a bit of an inside look.

Also, 1299 books! Damn, that's badass. I thought 50 was a lot.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I'm on Dr. Chaos' side on this one. He had a request, it was worth asking. And he was super polite throughout, even though some folks keep piling on.

Just to clarify, I understand CBCS's position and respect that. Rules are rules. I'm not griping or anything. I personally would have been fine with a little flexibility, but I get it. (I mean, as much as I can, not knowing the *reason* for the rule.)

I just meant: there's no harm in asking. Or taking a break every now and then, for that matter. "You could have entered another comic in the time it took you to post!" is just a little bit snarky, I think.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just meant: there's no harm in asking. Or taking a break every now and then, for that matter. "You could have entered another comic in the time it took you to post!" is just a little bit snarky, I think.

Saying there isn't time when you are doing something else will never persuade anyone. Regardless of the tone returned, it's just not a good point from which to debate.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The people in charge have spoken so now my only option is to get everything done as they wish.

I have a question for people who have more experience using the online form.

Let's say I use the form to enter 20 books and I add the details of each book. Once I have started to enter the details for book 20 is it possible to go back and edit any of the details for the other 19 books?

As an example let's say I am now entering the details for book 20 but I now want to go back and check to box to have book 5 pressed after not checking the box initially. How would I go about making this change?

Any feedback on this line of questions would be appreciated.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
The people in charge have spoken so now my only option is to get everything done as they wish.

I have a question for people who have more experience using the online form.

Let's say I use the form to enter 20 books and I add the details of each book. Once I have started to enter the details for book 20 is it possible to go back and edit any of the details for the other 19 books?

As an example let's say I am now entering the details for book 20 but I now want to go back and check to box to have book 5 pressed after not checking the box initially. How would I go about making this change?

Any feedback on this line of questions would be appreciated.

You should be able to click the entry and go in there and change. I do not know the exact steps, but I remember editing my submission.

More importantly I believe pressed books need to be on a separate invoice than those not being pressed as they now go to two different locations. Clearwater FL and Dallas TX.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Hcanes So much like the paper forms it does not make sense to begin filling them out until you have decided for sure which books need to be pressed. Otherwise you will have to do the work twice as the online form can not be split up into separate forms after you have done the data entry.

Do I have this right?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Hcanes So much like the paper forms it does not make sense to begin filling them out until you have decided for sure which books need to be pressed. Otherwise you will have to do the work twice as the online form can not be split up into separate forms after you have done the data entry.

Do I have this right?

My NYCC submission was only 17 books so it was manageable. Not sure if you could do one invoice and then make 2 copies. One copy would be the pressed "invoice" with all the non pressed books crossed out and the other copy would be the inverse. Would be a good question to ask.

But yesike the paper forms, you definitely would have to figure out which books to press before hand.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Saying there isn't time when you are doing something else will never persuade anyone.

I found it very persuasive. Entering the books is a 3-4 day process (at least). Posting here is ~30 seconds. Not at all comparable.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Baltimore forms are completed.

6 books for pressing
54 books without pressing

370 NYCC books to do now.
Post 40 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Saying there isn't time when you are doing something else will never persuade anyone.

I found it very persuasive. Entering the books is a 3-4 day process (at least). Posting here is ~30 seconds. Not at all comparable.

After doing a little math, it seems it took 3 days to do the paperwork on 60 comics. At that rate and with 370 comics left, it appears 18 more days are needed to finish. I'm not sure if these updates are really achieving their intended goal. Just an observation.
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos You win

Post 42 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
All that did was add to the length of time that your books will be in the CBCS system. That's like winning a lifetime supply of straws. It sounds great at first, but the more you think about it...
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
@drchaos You win

I just want to thank Mark Roman and CBCS for making this change.

This will make it easier to get multiple signatures on books where artists will not be at the same shows.

I still plan to have my NYCC books out by Monday but this will be very helpful going forward.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm assuming it's still 20 business days for international Personal AW?
Post 45 IP   flag post
598060 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?