Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

James Gunn in Talks to Direct Suicide Squad 2...7613

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty smart move for DC...
Source: https://www.thewrap.com/james-gunn-suicide-squad-2-for-dc/

Holy Poach Batman, “Guardians of the Galaxy” director James Gunn is in talks to write “Suicide Squad 2” for DC with an eye to direct the next installment, three insiders have exclusively told TheWrap.

Gunn will have a completely new take on the property, in which DC supervillains are recruited by the government to carry out secret missions too dirty for the likes of Superman and Batman.

The first “Suicide Squad,” which starred Will Smith and Margot Robbie, earned nearly $750 million worldwide on a $175 million budget before promotion and advertising.

Gunn was fired from Disney’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” franchise after online critics discovered years-old tweets in which he joked about rape and pedophilia. Gunn apologized and said he had grown as a person in the years since the jokes.

Chuck Roven and Peter Safran are producing.

David Ayer, who directed the first movie, was never expected to return to the franchise following a harrowing battle with the studio during the edit process.

TheWrap wrote a thorough investigation of the fallout between Ayer and top WB executives, who effectively locked the director out of his own editing room to deliver a lighter romp of a superhero movie from the darkness of Ayer’s band of bad guys.

Gavin O’Connor wrote the previous draft of the script.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
DC could use any help they can get...first Suicide Squad was not as bad as I thought but it was still a hot mess.
Like they had at least 2 or 3 different story lines that could have been their own movies and then mashed them all together the night before the assignment was due.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the first Suicide Squad was absolute garbage. Can't believe that made it to the big screen.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
smart move on WB/DCs part.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone think DC will get some flack if they do this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
As soon as I heard Gunn was ousted by Disney, I said, “if DC doesn’t jump on the opportunity to hire him, they’re idiots”.

But I would have given him the keys to the kingdom. I’d give him carte blanche. Any DC property he wanted.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598062 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?