Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Marvel Canceled & New Titles.7612

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

So I'm just starting out, and have not reached the point where I'm willing to mortgage my soul to Diamond for a minimum order of $400/month. As such, I'm a subscriber for most of my books. I will say that Marvel direct subscription website is very well done & easy to use; they've made the process of taking money about as easy as possible.

Unfortunately, their auto-renewal process goes through, even when a title has been canceled. Not liking that part so much. There also isn't any sort of heads up when a title is canceled. The customer service people are super helpful at getting things turned around. So, just in case anyone else is like me and doesn't have real-time knowledge of cancellations, here are some recent updates.

Canceled Titles:
----------------
Generation X
Ben Riley: The Scarlet Spider
Champions
X-Men Blue
X-Men Gold
Star Wars: Thrawn (Limited Series)
Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic (Mace Windu)
Spider-Woman
She-Hulk
Infamous Iron-Man
Gwenpool
Spider Man: Renew Your Vows
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

New Titles:
-----------
Black Widow
Champions (new series)
Conan The Barbarian
Dead Man Logan
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Invaders
Ironheart
Man Without Fear (Daredevil)
Marvel Comics Presents
Marvel Knights 20th
Miles Morales: Spider-Man
Star Wars: Shadow of Vader
Superior Spider-Man
The Defenders
Uncanny X-Men
Weapon X
X-Force
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Weapon X has been ongoing, unless they're shutting it down and starting a new series at #1.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the heads up...I'm currently on the Star Wars: Darth Vader run in my pull list and after looking into the Shadow of Vader you posted (out of curiosity), found out that the current DV run is ending at #25 with a new 5 issue SOV limited run starting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Look at all those #1's - my retirement is guaranteed! lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Are these all guaranteed to be first issue collector's items?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Absolutely. Stock up now!

Same old Marvel, out with the old, in with pretty much the same thing, except now there’s a bunch more #1’s to boost sales. I’m sure that there’s a big difference between the old Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and the “new” Miles Morales: Spider-Man. Plus think about how many variant covers and limited collector’s editions you can expect to see.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector tigg private msg quote post Address this user
SO a couple of those titles as someone had pointed one out "Weapon X" , but Also Champions, are currently ongoing and I haven't found anything online about them ending the series, so how will this work?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I believe #26 is the end of the current Champions run and then it's restarting with #1
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I believe #26 is the end of the current Champions run and then it's restarting with #1

Ah really? I wonder if the are keeping the same team or not. Marvel has silently killing series off for the past year, so honesty I don't know anymore.
Really hate to see Ben Riley and Renew your Vows, go I was really enjoying those
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigg
Quote:

Ah really? I wonder if the are keeping the same team or not. Marvel has silently killing series off for the past year, so honesty I don't know anymore.
Really hate to see Ben Riley and Renew your Vows, go I was really enjoying those

Hehehe...."Teen team supreme" (that title description me roll my eyes).

Looks like it's a new team.

Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Nova, Viv Vision, and the Totally Awesome Hulk...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I have to buy 20 copies of Conan the Barbarian.LOL. I am actually a big fan but 1 or 2 copies is enough for me. 2 different covers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigg
Quote:

Hehehe...."Teen team supreme" (that title description me roll my eyes).

Looks like it's a new team.

Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Nova, Viv Vision, and the Totally Awesome Hulk...

Isn't that the the team that they started with for volume 2? and I thought nova lost his powers? I dunno I can't keep up anymore lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
@tigg They’re ending the current Champions (roster) run & replacing it with a “new” team. Same as the Avengers reboot(s) every so often. Apparently Champions is selling, but they figure new blood will boost sales.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I’m upset about Ben Riley: Scarlet Spider being canceled. After the first couple issues (and a terrible new character design), they found their groove and made it a decent book. Adding Kaine to the series as a regular was also cool.

Of the two Scarlet Spider series, I still think Kaine’s was stronger; both in art and story. However, it was nice to see Ben Riley redeemed from his villain turn.

Who knows? Maybe after Spider-geddon we’ll see another Scarlet Spiders combined book.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! Marvel is going out of business! No more variants!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament

Canceled Titles:
----------------
Generation X
Ben Riley: The Scarlet Spider
Champions
X-Men Blue
X-Men Gold
Star Wars: Thrawn (Limited Series)
Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic (Mace Windu)
Spider-Woman
She-Hulk
Infamous Iron-Man
Gwenpool
Spider Man: Renew Your Vows
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

None of these will be missed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Thrawn mini series only because I liked the character from when Timothy Zahn introduced him back in Heir to the Empire. Some of the SW stuff from Marvel has been good, so maybe I'll be happy whenever I get around to getting caught up on the last year and a half of reading material.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Drogio Infamous Iron Man was actually a good read. I liked how it played out, even though the writing was on the wall the last couple of issues. It puts the character in an interesting place...and it puts The Hood in a very precarious spot going forward.

I also liked Ben Riley: Scarlet Spider. It took a couple of issues to come together, but it wasn’t all that bad in the end.

I’ve read all the Spider-Woman series, and the two recent series were some of the stronger work on that title. It’s irritsting that Marvel has never put an A-Team of writers/artists on the title because the character has such a long & varied history. Considering where the series leaves off, I’d like to see Jessica Drew get a break & have a different character take up Spider-Woman detail...preferably Mania.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
A new Black Widow series? I knew it was coming but it’s good to know I’ll have something new in my box at my LCS! They know to pull all things Natasha related.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Really happy to see that they didn't cancel X-men Mauve.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Enelson I'm hoping we get X-Men White after X-Men Black concludes. Then I can either hope for X-Men Green someday, or use Mr. & Mrs. X books for the green in Rogue's costume(s); make a Joker collage out of the covers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
213608 21 21
destitute