Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Venom Movie - With Spoilers!7586

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3/5

Not as bad I had feared. I found the first 1/2 of the movie boring and the 2nd half entertaining. part of the movie did not connect well. I had hoped she-venom would have had a greater part but turns out not to be.

Best line: “Eddie - I was a loser like you”

Given how much the movie is build up around Eddie guess web of spider-man 18 will do ok. Also with the ending ASM 360/361 should continue to do well as looks like Venom 2 might happen after all.

Oh and I forgot - we have another appearance of Stan Lee

What do you think?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Since I'm a purest, I want to (movie) story lines to be like the comic book. But since I quit collecting in 1982 I never saw DEAD POOL, CARNAGE or VENON. I loved DEAD POOL while others (I know) hated it because it wasn't like the comic book. In VENON, the special effects were the best part for me. I didn't care for Woody Harrelson as CARNAGE.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was ok. My 12 year old nephew really liked it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Funniest moment for me was when Venom told Eddie to jump out the window. The scene cuts to Eddie waiting for an elevator and Venom says “pussy”.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck That part was really funny. I saw the movie on Friday and i enjoyed it. Thought Riot looked pretty awesome with the weapons.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
80 million domestic, 205 million WW. Box office success.

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $80,030,000   39.0%+ 
Foreign:  $125,200,000  61.0%
Worldwide: $205,230,000
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
SHE VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Stan Lee!

10/10 *****

Best comic book movie I've seen to date.

Better than Deadpool, which was my previous #1.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
guess web of spider-man 18 will do ok.

Keep dreamin, lol.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Why are you so disappointed with she venom
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
SHE VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Stan Lee!

10/10 *****

Best comic book movie I've seen to date.

Better than Deadpool, which was my previous #1.

It truly makes you question the affiliations of these so-called “independent” critics.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
More often than not, it’s worth ignoring the paid critics and waiting for the audience score to populate. Looks like the movie is worth watching

Post 11 IP   flag post
Check this out.

CNET posted a review titled “Venom review: Supervillain caper bites off more than it can chew

This article states: “Did we learn nothin' from Ghost Rider, Spawn and either of the Hulk movies Marvel doesn't like to talk about?

Is it me, or are they unaware that Spawn in not a Marvel character?
Post 12 IP   flag post
not only that but the entire article is so off base and out of touch. feels like a smear campaign to prevent people from taking an interest in seeing the movie in theaters. more of lady gaga's followers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
for me? the defining moment that confused me was that Venom was going to go home and send back his fellow symbiotes to conquer and take over earth, making it their own place but then suddenly changes his mind when he meets Eddie. But why?

Because Eddie, is a loser on Earth. Just like Venom. Venom, is a loser on his planet. If he stays and bonds with Eddie, he has the greatest chance of becoming something big, something bigger than he once was. Maybe bigger and better than Riot. (his thoughts, perhaps).

That, for me, was how Sony figured out how to separate Venom from Spider-man's grasps and popularity.

Bravo, Sony, Bravo.

Makes me think how clever hollywood was to age Arnold and have an explanation for a 70 yr old terminator. His skin aged but not his endoskeleton from 1973. Genius!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Why are you so disappointed with she venom

You see her for 1 min and in one chapter only
Post 15 IP   flag post
I know I saw the dog. Then I saw her standing in the hospital. Then during the dramatic scene in the forest I disconnected for a second and then I saw Venom in the forest suddenly, and I was like, "wait, are those bewbs?" and I got all excited and screamed out in the air, "YES! I'm finally gonna be rich buying @poka's $40 she-venom comic that I had to press 5 times because it was shipped from hong kong"
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm finally gonna be rich buying @poka's $40 she-venom comic that i had to press 5 times!"

already offered you many time to buy it back from you if you are not happy with what you received. can you decide once and for all whether you are happy with your purchase or not?

[edited]
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Joosh likes Venom movie. 2 thumbs up.
Post 20 IP   flag post
KaptainMyke likes that Joosh likes Venom movie.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw it. Eddie Brock’s character development was great.

Here were my issues with it:

Much of the humor didn’t work for me. The lobster tank bit & his consuming anything & everything in his apartment went on way too long for me. Really, that was the key, a gag would be funny but drag on too long.

The transitional period was rough for me. I liked Eddie solo & Venom solo.

The bike chase was a bore to me, probably cuz it was all in the trailer.

The CGI was occasionally great but often too cartoony.

I’m most interested in a Director’s cut at this point. I’d give it 2.5 out of 5.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this yesterday, I enjoyed it...it was better than I thought it was going to be. The reviews made it sound like I was in for a Catwoman or Green Lantern, but it was actually pretty well done. Most of the good parts had already been seen in the trailer, but there were still a few great fresh moments in there. Watching it, I kept getting the feeling there were more R-Rated scenes that were trimmed back in both violence and language/tone.

They handled the whole "No Spider-Man" origin story pretty well I think, some of the humor was pretty good...some of it fell a little flat. I'm glad they didn't put Carnage in as the main villain, Riot was ok, but the movie felt like it needed a throw away villain...One of the biggest flaws I think was that Riot was supposed to be this huge villainous symbiote leader, but by the time he came out in full force I don't think he was developed enough to be as menacing as they were putting him out to be...with all the character development going on for Eddie Brock and Venom and lack of for Riot, I was happy to see they didn't waste Carnage....

That being said...Woody....wow....that wig.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Much of the humor didn’t work for me. The lobster tank bit & his consuming anything & everything in his apartment went on way too long for me. Really, that was the key, a gag would be funny but drag on too long.

I’m most interested in a Director’s cut at this point. I’d give it 2.5 out of 5.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I went into it expecting a turd. What I got was a surprisingly fun turd. Not a "great" film, but super enjoyable. The "comic book guy" in me wanted to hate it because it was detached from spidey, but I feel like it worked. And I know all the edge lords wanted a dark and gritty Venom, but I'm glad they kept it PG-13, I took my son and he loved it. it was entertaining and funnier than i thought it would be. No real complaints.

Well one complaint they REALLY rammed home that the next movie would be Carnage, they pretty much had woody give thumbs up, wink, and say the word carnage to get point across, maybe a little subtlety would have been fine.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I wanted to love it, but to be fair, it was much better than I expected.
Post 26 IP   flag post
213605 26 26
destitute