Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Customer Service Has Spoken.7566

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_Comics
@BSeldin305 For what it is worth, At Mega Con we had no idea the move would cause as many issues as it did. If we had known we would have shared that info.

It wasn't until Middle June we started to realize we were going to have bigger issues then thought.

Honestly, this has been going on since the summer of 2017. The convention season was overwhelming in 2017, and they stopped outsourcing their pressing and that bottlenecked things. Then hurricanes (hitting both their main office and their slab supply chain in Texas), then getting bought out by Beckett, then the move and low-and-behold another convention season is upon them.

It's been Onr thing after another. I'm shocked they still get new business. I stopped sending comics in not so much that I don't want to wait, but I just don't want to pile it on right now. I'd rather spend the money to aquire already slabbed or raw books. I can slab at any time.

And I suspect the reason moderns are so far behind is because EVERYONE is sending their books fast track now because tats are so bad and those keep jumping the line on moderns...

Not trying to bash cbcs. I still prefer them over all others....but just pointing out its been one thing after the other for a while now...maybe if they don't get hit by a tornado they'll get back on track this winter...
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Kendra_H private msg quote post Address this user
Yes it is true CBCS had issues before the move, but we were upright and honest with the turn around times (as we believed them to be at that time)

As a new company ( 4 years old ) we have had our share of growing pains , and The move was a hard lesson, but we are ready to make it right as best and as fast as we can.

Thanks to everyone who supports us and we hope when we are back on track you all will give us another chance.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I think cbcs needs to throw some of their customers a coupon or something. Of course the company is busting their butts because the move and lack of customer service has really had a negative effect on their business. When you screw up as a company, it takes a lot of work to right the ship. Lack of planning and customer service/compensation has turned many customers away. This industry strongly needs competition and right now cbcs is our only hope.

With that said, I am pretty sure when the time arrives to get my first books graded, I will go with them. The employees seem like great people, their prices are very good and slabs are solid.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of sounds like more of the same ole lip service. Action and results talk the loudest.

I think CBCS is going to need a huge customer appreciation event.

I think one of the best things they could do is get rid of the ridiculous memberships offers. Just give me a straight $100 voucher to use how ever I want rather than limiting me with 2-Day moderns and some fast pass crap that I would never use in the first place. PLEASE let me use my membership money how I want.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
my fast pass order must be broken then since it seems to not be working atm
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome you talked with Jake Fleming, I've chatted with him at several different conventions around the country and that is one of the dude at CBCS that personifies CUSTOMER SERVICE in my OPINION!

Funny how one day he called me up and he totally remembered me and my nephew from a convention in Portland (I live in Phoenix)

I'm not happy but the world doesn't revolve around me, but Jake is one of those that makes me believe and feel at ease that I am in good hands with CBCS, and that is good enough for me.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Kind of sounds like more of the same ole lip service. Action and results talk the loudest.
I think one of the best things they could do is get rid of the ridiculous memberships offers. Just give me a straight $100 voucher to use how ever I want rather than limiting me with 2-Day moderns and some fast pass crap that I would never use in the first place. PLEASE let me use my membership money how I want.

I want to know how to use my points. I've got over $30, which is odd cause at one time I had over $70.

#SOON
Post 32 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

I want to know how to use my points. I've got over $30, which is odd cause at one time I had over $70.

#SOON

I would also like to know how the points work.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Zevgoli I was just as torqued off as the next guy, believe me.

I could have gotten him on the phone and treated him with all the fury at my disposal; basically like a service call to Comcast. I might have felt better, but all it would have accomplished was having Jake zone out (nobody on the receiving end of a shout-storm actually cares about providing customer service after about two seconds).

I could have gone off on a cussing tirade; its been a while since I utilized my Navy-trained mastery of the profane. Again, I would have felt better, but Jake would have (rightfully) cut the call & (likely) moved any communications in the future to the back of the line; nobody wants to deal with a jerk.

Instead, I asked my questions in a reasonable manner, and listened to what Jake had to say in response. After a thorough conversation with Jake, I'm not ready to set the world on fire anymore. Nice thing about effective conversation, it involves listening as much as it does speaking. He answered my questions, expanded on some of the reasons for the various complaints, and provided me with his perspective on the how's & why's; which I posted at the start of the thread.

Jake, Tim, Steve, etc. are doing the best they can with the available tools, and I think that holds with the remainder of the CBCS organization at the non-executive level. The ladies & gentlemen who do tangible work (shipping & receiving, grading, pressing, encapsulation) have been working OT for months to work the backlog down. I've pulled super-shift (one day off per week) in an industrial environment before, and it completely sucks; so I understand where they are at physically/emotionally. When life is "wake, eat, work, sleep; wash, rinse, repeat" six days a week, life sucks. These are people too; and I think that should be recognized/remembered. They aren't cranking out replacement organs, its comic books. Granted, they are *our* comic books, and have been paid to provide a service; but nobody is going to die if their books are delayed a week or two.

As to compensation of some sort for consumers impacted by ungodly delay times, as suggested by @BigRedOne1944 & others; that's not something the folks we interact with at the minion level of the company are going to have any control over. Best they can do is run it up the chain to the folks at the tie-wearing cookie-pusher & bean counter level of the company can think it over.

As to the points thing, as mentioned by @Gabriel85301 , who knows. I talked w/ Jake months ago about using some of my point stash to cover the cost of changing a book from ASP to VSP (handwriting on in-person submission form was illegible; understandable error). However, it would be nice if such things were built into the online order form. Hopefully, with the move to Dallas CBCS can borrow some of the Beckett IT folks and get on it; but after other priorities are handled.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Babalament.
Thanks for being the go between and then relaying it to us. I certainly appreciate it.
I’m sure over the last few weeks they hopefully have gotten the message, loud and clear.
As for throwing a fit. Your right a little sugar makes the medicine go down a whole lot easier

My father always told me; Son there’s a few things in life That will make your way easier.
1... Don’t slap Superman
2... Don’t piss into the wind
3... Don’t kick a sleeping dog
And the most important one
4... Don’t piss off the cook before he/she makes your meal.
Of course add more if so inclined. 🖖
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift

Never pet a burning dog.
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
Never eat the yellow snow.
Never challenge a polar bear to Rochambeau.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Per Jim Croce -
You don’t tug on Superman’s cape,
You don’t spit into the wind,
You don’t pull the mask of that ole Lone Ranger, and
You don’t mess around with Jim.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Don't eat yellow snow.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Don't eat yellow snow.

That’s Frank Zappa!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Don't bite the hand that feeds you
Don't sh!t where you eat...or maybe that's where you sleep.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Hey

I just received a call from the very nice Kendra! My ASP Modern books logged in on June 4, 2018 are in labeling.

FYI
Post 41 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Don't bite the hand that feeds you
Don't sh!t where you eat...or maybe that's where you sleep.

Probably good to not sh!t at either the eating or sleeping places....
Post 42 IP   flag post
600892 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?