Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

does a mailing label on the book truly lower the grade that much?7482

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
ON one of my submissions I believe the mailing label on the back (I think) brought the grade down at least 2 to 3 whole points since the notes prominently listed it . this was common with this book since it was a mainly mailed to your house if you requested it and that is how it was done in the 70s. I was wondering if I can protest this if that is the right wording for it. if anyone can help me with this thank you. just not sure if I can do anything about it. since this is a very important book due to the first published work of the signer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Yep! My magazine graded an 8.0 due to a mailing label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I like it! i think its kinda cool that it has that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding has always been that it is a big hit.
---
What you need to do is find a collector with that name and charge him a premium for it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
lol to you and it might just work too.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
That really does suck, especially since they had the area where they obviously expected the label to be attached color coded on the back of the book.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@donho - I have several copies of two of their catalogs. I will have to see if any have a mailing label. I seem to remember getting them in the mail with a brown paper, open-ended wrapper, so the label was on the wrapper and not the book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I sure could of used you back in January. darn.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh! That is just obnoxious.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600765 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?