Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a better alternative to ship a slab than USPS flat rate boxes? I know some folks double box slabs, but is there a good size box to acquire to ship them? I've used boxes from Staples that I can cut down and it makes the standard cost within the lower 48 around $9 as opposed to $13ish for a flat rate box. Thanks for the help in stuffing boxes.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
You can get a priority box that is not flat rate that is about the same size. You may have to order them from USPS.com but they are free.

I get one that is the size of the medium cube flat rate (7x7x6) for some of my lighter items that won't fit in the small flat rate and it costs about $7 and change for something that weighs a pound as opposed to the $14? For the equivalent flat rate. Just for example.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The book is packed into a US Priority box 1092 and then that box is packed into a US Priority box 1095. Best packing ever.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Mike -
Medium non-flat rate boxes are available at most Post Offices, and as @KYoung_1974 said, you can order them for free. You have to use the Price Calculator on the US Post Office website to see if they are less expensive. Depending on the weight of the package and its destination, sometimes flat rate boxes are cheaper to mail, and sometimes the non-flat rate boxes are cheaper (usually when you are only shipping one or two raw books). Both types include tracking, but they only come with $50 insurance. And the insurance costs can get pretty expensive.
Post 4 IP   flag post
601329 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?