Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I redid my comic wall this past weekend, I think it looks pretty good! Each long row can hold 15 slabs and the shorter rows hold 4. These are just some autographs I’ve collected over the years. The whole thing costs $25 roughly to make. I think I’m going to keep going!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
looks great man!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Looks nice, wish I had that much space.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool!!! Looks great!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Suh-weet!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that's awesome!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@antoniofett - Excellent man-cave!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Good job man!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I love the fact that is cheap to make and looks good when its done. One this I should have done is paint the furring strips to match the wall. If you have books that are just bagged and boarded, you can overlap them slightly to fit more on the shelf.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it looks like a comic book store
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Yeah! It make it 100% authentic, I need someone to live in my office and criticize my purchases! Just like the cashier at my LCS!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

feels like...

Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:

Yeah! It make it 100% authentic, I need someone to live in my office and criticize my purchases! Just like the cashier at my LCS!

Is your wife busy?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
wife said i could do it too. if you can send me the names of the runner things and what else you used to build it so I can get it started too. also depth and such thank you. love it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Is your wife busy?

Oh, a hater!

Looks great. I'd love to do something like this but (1) wife won't let me and (2) I'd be concerned about the natural light damaging the books and (3) I have no place to do it with 2 small kids getting into everything at the moment. Mostly 2 and 3.

Slabs are not uv protected, correct? I think there are films that You can buy to help out slabs....or you can buy comicskins for your unslabbed comic's. Are there top loaders that are uv protected?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Is your wife busy?

Oh, a hater!

Looks great. I'd love to do something like this but (1) wife won't let me and (2) I'd be concerned about the natural light damaging the books and (3) I have no place to do it with 2 small kids getting into everything at the moment. Mostly 2 and 3.

Slabs are not uv protected, correct? I think there are films that You can buy to help out slabs....or you can buy comicskins for your unslabbed comic's. Are there top loaders that are uv protected?

I don’t have to worry about sunlight, I don’t have any windows. I do run a dehumidifier because of a spare bathroom across the hall.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
wife said i could do it too. if you can send me the names of the runner things and what else you used to build it so I can get it started too. also depth and such thank you. love it.

I just used 10 foot J-channeling and 10 foot furring strips. You can get them at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I used the plastic J-channeling over the aluminum ones because of sharp edges. Thinking about it now I wish I would have gotten better furring strips. Some of them cracked a little while I was putting them up. Good luck man and let us know how it looks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I may use this to run a row of books outside of childrens’ reach. Never thought of using j channel.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here's exactly what I used

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ply-Gem-1-2-in-x-1-1-2-in-x-12-6-ft-White-J-Channel-VJC0404H/202666294

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-in-x-2-in-x-8-ft-Furring-Strip-Board-160954/100009348

you can get longer furring strips and better quality, but base on my experience, these will do great
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
hopefully in about a week. depending on time. fingers crossed
Post 22 IP   flag post
597875 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?