Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Joaquin Phoenix in Makeup as The Joker7447

Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Just doesnt look full Joker to me.

Looks stage 1 Joker, or step 1 Joker. And I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

I want to photoshop this and make it right.

Why do people always feel the need to totally mess with the tried and true source material
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector vvv private msg quote post Address this user
His eyebrows look like Bat wings
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
This might be the logo for the movie

Post 28 IP   flag post
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are in denial. That is the final makeup he will use. lol
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Try to keep in mind that this movie is meant to be "realistic", for lack of a better term. As in, when watching it you should feel like the story is not far outside the realm of possibility; unlike fantasy and CGI heavy movies. Rumored to be targeting an "R" rating as well

These photos may not look to be as crazy or cool as Heath's portrayal, but I wouldn't count out the depth of the character just yet. I'm very much looking forward to this!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Try to keep in mind that this movie is meant to be "realistic", for lack of a better term. As in, when watching it you should feel like the story is not far outside the realm of possibility; unlike fantasy and CGI heavy movies. Rumored to be targeting an "R" rating as well

These photos may not look to be as crazy or cool as Heath's portrayal, but I wouldn't count out the depth of the character just yet. I'm very much looking forward to this!

I agree with this completely! I think we're going to get a deeper character-driven story that tracks his descent in to madness
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
You guys are in denial. That is the final makeup he will use. lol

it's true and it's quite possible (more than likely even)
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's DC and they'll find a way to screw it up.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
this is realism in a gritty way. could still work.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I don't doubt his talents.

Genuinely I don't. It would just be the perfect blend if he could at least look closer to the real character...

Can't have it all
Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II

Genuinely I don't. It would just be the perfect blend if he could at least look closer to the real character...

Can't have it all

Exactly!! Why couldn't they do this?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Can't have it all

It doesnt make sense.

The only thing I can think of, at all, is that the Heath Ledger Joker is so well done, especially with his 'costume' that the two actors, Ledger and Phoenix, would look eerily similar.

Aside from... the scars, which I dont think are all that obvious, you paint up Joaquin Phoenix, and you've got Ledger.

I get the sense that they just want this to be its own thing, and they are just using this as a buffer to differentiate itself from Ledger's role
Post 38 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Can't have it all

It doesnt make sense.

The only thing I can think of, at all, is that the Heath Ledger Joker is so well done, especially with his 'costume' that the two actors, Ledger and Phoenix, would look eerily similar.

Aside from... the scars, which I dont think are all that obvious, you paint up Joaquin Phoenix, and you've got Ledger.

I get the sense that they just want this to be its own thing, and they are just using this as a buffer to differentiate itself from Ledger's role

I think you're correct but isnt it possible to make it different from Ledger's Joker while still being accurate to the comics?

Wheres the short haired, white faced, classic Joker?

Where's this guy?

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
THE REAL JOKER

Post 40 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy - He wouldn’t even shave off his mustache for the role!
Post 41 IP   flag post
While I think Ceasar Romero's Joker is surprisingly good...to me, Batman The Animated Series Joker is the best Joker by far. So much so, I think Hamil's Joker has become the benchmark all others are compared to.

I love this Joker portrayal above all others.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@VaComicsGuy - He wouldn’t even shave off his mustache for the role!

which seems crazy...just what you'd expect from the Joker
Post 43 IP   flag post
@GAC No doubt Hamil is great.
Post 44 IP   flag post
598060 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?