Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Midtown raised the price to $20. I checked a couple stores yesterday but it seems I missed the boat on this one for now.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
The 3 copies I ordered will arrive in the mail tomorrow, planning to keep 1 copy and sell off the other 2, but going to wait until I feel it has peaked in price.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Never naked Bats!!!!

Post 78 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
OMG, the thing is basically a silhouette. People are offended by this? It was very artistically done. You’d think it was a Batman erection panel the way folks are talking.

I agree, people are offended for absolutely NO reason! I have to laugh when I hear people talking about their kids and grand kids and making a fuss over an artistic rendering of male nudity.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Serious question to all.

What if it was a “mature” comic rendering Mickey Mouse’s penis?

Still no big deal?

Hint: There is no wrong answer.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I was just looking on eBay, the lowest price for "Buy it Now" option is $70!!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Serious question to all.

Still no big deal?

I don't know about Mickey Mouse, but how about Bart Simpson? --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OA_9I0JtlE
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Serious question to all.

Still no big deal?

I think there's a difference unless they start a Mickey Mouse comic geared for mature readers, which I do not see happening.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Serious question to all.

Still no big deal?

I think there's a difference unless they start a Mickey Mouse comic geared for mature readers, which I do not see happening.

I don't know ... they did Archie vs. Predator, and Scooby Doo Apocalypse.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Serious question to all.

Still no big deal?

Here's the way I see it, MM is still for and always has been for kids. So to suddenly have a mature version would be unsettling.

However, where superheroes (and especially batman) are concerned, I could make the argument that those haven't been targeted towards kids, in either price or content in quite some time. I normally go to my LCS during the week, but on the occasions that I have popped in on a Saturday, no matter what time, there are hardly any kids in there. Mostly guys in there 20's-40's.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Here’s a link to a group who isn’t upset about the penis depiction, they are instead upset that it was “amputated”.

Genital Rights Organization
Post 86 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That sounds like a valuable use of their time.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
That sounds like a valuable use of their time.

Oh, cut it out
Post 88 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Post 89 IP   flag post
This may be premature, but it looks like the price has peaked on eBay. At least, for now. I was seeing $70-$80 yesterday, and today I'm seeing some just listed / just sold in the $50 - $60 range. There is one BIN for $49.99 and free shipping, for example. (They have "more than 10" available at that price, so they are clearly trying to go low to sell them quickly.)

Maybe it's a weekend thing, though, and prices will start climbing again on Friday? Who knows. Regardless, they seem to be selling quick as a flash.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
This may be premature, but it looks like the price has peaked on eBay. At least, for now. I was seeing $70-$80 yesterday, and today I'm seeing some just listed / just sold in the $50 - $60 range. There is one BIN for $49.99 and free shipping, for example. (They have "more than 10" available at that price, so they are clearly trying to go low to sell them quickly.)

Maybe it's a weekend thing, though, and prices will start climbing again on Friday? Who knows. Regardless, they seem to be selling quick as a flash.

I'm thinking that people are scared that the LCS's may some how get another run of first prints on Wednesday and are trying to unload them for a profit before the supply goes up.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
I'm thinking that people are scared that the LCS's may some how get another run of first prints on Wednesday and are trying to unload them for a profit before the supply goes up.

That's as good a guess as any. They are supposed to get a few more in, actually, from the hold-back supply. Most retailers that I talked to aren't counting on it, though, and are focused on the 2nd printing. Which is not only not as collectible in general, but will also be censored, for this particular comic.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:

Interesting observation, however all of the LCS around here were price gouging ($50 - $65) and I don’t see first prints going back to cover price here.
Post 93 IP   flag post
If your LCS gets more 1st prints in...NO WAY will they sell for cover price!
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:

IDK, the owner of my LCS is a pretty stand up guy who's been in business since the early 80's. I can't imagine him jacking up the price. Now the guy who runs the other shop in town, could totally see it.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

As great as my LCS is - they have said as much - any 1st print re-orders will not be cover price.

Now he did keep copies off the shelf and only 1 copy per customer and only to regulars for the first batch he got - above and beyond for a LCS, but then he knows us regulars are the ones who keep him in business not first time comic buyers looking for the next death of superman!!

I was able to choose cover A for myself at cover price when they were already going for $30 on ebay a day after initial release.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

IDK, the owner of my LCS is a pretty stand up guy who's been in business since the early 80's. I can't imagine him jacking up the price. Now the guy who runs the other shop in town, could totally see it.

If your "stand up guy" gets anymore copies in, grab me a couple and I will pay you full cover price plus exact shipping fees.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

As great as my LCS is - they have said as much - any 1st print re-orders will not be cover price.

Now he did keep copies off the shelf and only 1 copy per customer and only to regulars for the first batch he got - above and beyond for a LCS, but then he knows us regulars are the ones who keep him in business not first time comic buyers looking for the next death of superman!!

I was able to choose cover A for myself at cover price when they were already going for $30 on ebay a day after initial release.

That's loyalty!
Post 98 IP   flag post

Bruce Wayne was MORE naked here and there was no controversy, no blackened out parts, no 2nd printing where it appeared that Robin wasn't at first attempting to rape Batman! We can see some side butt here, shock by Bruce as he is interrupted during his shower time, but adrenaline raging in his Bat muscles! Oh my, Robin, you are so forceful! TAKE ME BOY WONDER, TAKE...OH WAIT...you want to KILL ME!??? Ok, let's fight! Then of course
the ending panel is a love story as Bruce shouts "DICK"! So my point is, is it appropriate to say "dick" or show "dick"? Which is more offensive??

Actually, I have no point, just wanted to post these ridiculous panels! Did I mention I was bored?
Post 99 IP   flag post
@brysb

Got me a new avatar.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
@brysb

Got me a new avatar.

I approve!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Actually, I have no point, just wanted to post these ridiculous panels! Did I mention I was bored?

There was a lot of that going around in the 70's.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Serious question to all.

Still no big deal?

Although many do not realize it and its old old history the original character Mickey Mouse was for newstrips, and was a large green mouse that went around torturing black people by hitting them with frying pans and what not....the character was not originally perhaps child-friendly, but the Mickey Mouse that has evolved over the years is quite different than its original conception. If you remember the controversy over the comic book Uncensored Mouse, from the nineties one of the comic companies reprinted those original strips in comic format and Disney promptly sued them into oblivion to cease and desist.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That's as good a guess as any. They are supposed to get a few more in, actually, from the hold-back supply. Most retailers that I talked to aren't counting on it, though, and are focused on the 2nd printing. Which is not only not as collectible in general, but will also be censored, for this particular comic.

The dynamic I found interesting is that issues 2 and 3 had to be ordered before issue 1 was released so in all likelihood, print runs will be smaller for those as well and if the demand continues, or at least rides the wave created by issue 1 the final two issues should price peak higher as well.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

The dynamic I found interesting is that issues 2 and 3 had to be ordered before issue 1 was released so in all likelihood, print runs will be smaller for those as well and if the demand continues, or at least rides the wave created by issue 1 the final two issues should price peak higher as well.

I had wondered about that. I ordered six copies of #2, heavily discounted, but wasn't sure if they would be so in demand as #1. It's a great cover, though.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598059 107 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?