Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@brysb

Got me a new avatar.

I approve!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Actually, I have no point, just wanted to post these ridiculous panels! Did I mention I was bored?

There was a lot of that going around in the 70's.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Serious question to all.

What if it was a “mature” comic rendering Mickey Mouse’s penis?

Still no big deal?

Hint: There is no wrong answer.

I think there's a difference unless they start a Mickey Mouse comic geared for mature readers, which I do not see happening.

Although many do not realize it and its old old history the original character Mickey Mouse was for newstrips, and was a large green mouse that went around torturing black people by hitting them with frying pans and what not....the character was not originally perhaps child-friendly, but the Mickey Mouse that has evolved over the years is quite different than its original conception. If you remember the controversy over the comic book Uncensored Mouse, from the nineties one of the comic companies reprinted those original strips in comic format and Disney promptly sued them into oblivion to cease and desist.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
I'm thinking that people are scared that the LCS's may some how get another run of first prints on Wednesday and are trying to unload them for a profit before the supply goes up.

That's as good a guess as any. They are supposed to get a few more in, actually, from the hold-back supply. Most retailers that I talked to aren't counting on it, though, and are focused on the 2nd printing. Which is not only not as collectible in general, but will also be censored, for this particular comic.

The dynamic I found interesting is that issues 2 and 3 had to be ordered before issue 1 was released so in all likelihood, print runs will be smaller for those as well and if the demand continues, or at least rides the wave created by issue 1 the final two issues should price peak higher as well.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:
I'm thinking that people are scared that the LCS's may some how get another run of first prints on Wednesday and are trying to unload them for a profit before the supply goes up.

That's as good a guess as any. They are supposed to get a few more in, actually, from the hold-back supply. Most retailers that I talked to aren't counting on it, though, and are focused on the 2nd printing. Which is not only not as collectible in general, but will also be censored, for this particular comic.

The dynamic I found interesting is that issues 2 and 3 had to be ordered before issue 1 was released so in all likelihood, print runs will be smaller for those as well and if the demand continues, or at least rides the wave created by issue 1 the final two issues should price peak higher as well.

I had wondered about that. I ordered six copies of #2, heavily discounted, but wasn't sure if they would be so in demand as #1. It's a great cover, though.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
She found a copy.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

I had wondered about that. I ordered six copies of #2, heavily discounted, but wasn't sure if they would be so in demand as #1. It's a great cover, though.

I read somewhere they wont be able to adjust the print run presumably until issue 4, which in this title isn't happening anyways , which leaves 1-3 all similar print runs. If there is more controversial material in the upcoming issues etc we might only be seeing the start ....while many have flipped the 1's for a tidy profit if this keeps building it might push the 1's higher. Especially given only the first prints will contain the umm....heads up from Bats!
Post 107 IP   flag post
601325 107 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?