Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I see three places where an order status appears...one place says Processing....another place says Grading and my invoice says Labels....what's the true status of my order?

I asked this in the CBCS TAT thread above but I'm really curious and thought I'd get a quicker answer here.

EDIT: It looks like the Invoice status is the true status. I'd like confirmation or corroboration on this.
Post 1 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
probably around christmas
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Of 2019
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I'm experiencing the same thing. My order is due.
Most concerning is the added $28 on the invoice for one silver age book that apparently was bumped up a tier. Shows a balance but I cannot get a hold of customer service to figure it out. I'm really hoping someone will contact me about it to get it sorted out; I doubt CBCS will ship my books back showing $28 owed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh - I actually like it when they charge me more. It means that the book that got bumped is worth more than you thought. That means a higher grade than you anticipated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I see three places where an order status appears...one place says Processing....another place says Grading and my invoice says Labels....what's the true status of my order?

I asked this in the CBCS TAT thread above but I'm really curious and thought I'd get a quicker answer here.

EDIT: It looks like the Invoice status is the true status. I'd like confirmation or corroboration on this.

"Processing" isn't a tier status. It appears on an open order. You click on the order number to get the status, because that can be different if you have an order with different tiers. The only options you'll see on an order number are "Submitted", "Processing", or "Completed".

When you've clicked on the order number, the status the customer can see is limited to a few additional possibilities. I can't remember them all, but it's something like "Received", "Imaging" (if you have a VSP), "Grading", "QC"?, "Shipping", and I think "Shipped".

The status you are seeing when you view your invoice is the status that the CBCS employees can see, which is far more detailed than the customer status. This is a bug I was unaware of, and I'll have to put a ticket in to have this loophole closed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The reason for the customer having a much more simplified status is because orders can bounce around to different places during production because any number of reasons, including billing problems, QC, multiple graders, customer service inquiries, etc. The bouncing of the status causes confusion with the customer and usually ends up in us receiving a phone call to ask what is going on with the order.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

"Processing" isn't a tier status. It appears on an open order. You click on the order number to get the status, because that can be different if you have an order with different tiers. The only options you'll see on an order number are "Submitted", "Processing", or "Completed".

When you've clicked on the order number, the status the customer can see is limited to a few additional possibilities. I can't remember them all, but it's something like "Received", "Imaging" (if you have a VSP), "Grading", "QC"?, "Shipping", and I think "Shipped".

There is an additional "status" to be added to "Submitted", "Processing", and "Completed". That status is "Billing".

The additional "Billing" status is also an option when you open your order.

The only reason I know this is because I have an order that is currently shipped and has left the CBCS facility but I had a book that was rejected so billing gave me a credit for that book. The upper tier of the order and the sub tier are both at "Billing" status.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601333 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?