Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

The Predator7377

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I got to see the Predator yesterday for an early screening. Honestly, it was kind of what I was expecting (link is below if you want to hear more about the movie, spoiler-free, of course.)

Have you seen it?
Are you going to this weekend when it comes out?

Also, post up some Predator comics and/or collectibles that you have in your collection; I'd love to see them, I'm a big fan of both Alien and Predator

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I like the Predator and Alien franchises and have a lot of the comics, but I’ll watch it when it comes out on Blu-ray.
Got these signed shortly after the book came out.

Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Predator 2 is my favorite. All the others don't exist.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke you offend me sir
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Good
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Blasphemy! Please explain yourself (especially in comparison to the original).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased with coa then finished it at Comicpalooza.All that worked on is signed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve heard this latest movie is a more humorous take than previous films. I like the Predator and the cast looks good so I’m planning to check it out sometime.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
I’ve heard this latest movie is a more humorous take than previous films. I like the Predator and the cast looks good so I’m planning to check it out sometime.

There are a TON of one-liners in the movie, some reference Arnold and the original movie. like the one below ... it's in this movie but not how you'd think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
A couple of "Fun Facts" about the movie:

1. Jake Busey is in it, his Dad (character + real life) was in Predator 2
2. Shane Black, the director. played Hawkins in the first film and is the 1st on-screen kill for the Predator franchise
3. Hawkins is a comic book fan, he's seen reading Sgt. Rock
4. There were Sgt. Rock comics on set because Arnold was working on a Sgt. Rock movie at the time.
5. It was Deadpool's success that convinced the studio to go for the 'R' rating, they were initially planning for PG-13
6. As far as casting related to comic books, Boyd Holbrook (Quinn McKenna) was in Logan, Thomas Jane (of course) The Punisher, Olivia Munn was Psylocke and Stirling Brown in Black Panther.
7. Black also directed Iron Man 3. It was the success of that movie that made Fox reach out to him for a Predator movie.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the first movie and I don't remember many after that.

I do still laugh today when I think of Aliens vs. Predator that ended with a woman in a tank top standing on the Ross ice shelf in Antarctica. That was notably funny.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
A couple of "Fun Facts" about the movie:

1. Jake Busey is in it, his Dad (character + real life) was in Predator 2
2. Shane Black, the director. played Hawkins in the first film and is the 1st on-screen kill for the Predator franchise
3. Hawkins is a comic book fan, he's seen reading Sgt. Rock
4. There were Sgt. Rock comics on set because Arnold was working on a Sgt. Rock movie at the time.
5. It was Deadpool's success that convinced the studio to go for the 'R' rating, they were initially planning for PG-13
6. As far as casting related to comic books, Boyd Holbrook (Quinn McKenna) was in Logan, Thomas Jane (of course) The Punisher, Olivia Munn was Psylocke and Stirling Brown in Black Panther.
7. Black also directed Iron Man 3. It was the success of that movie that made Fox reach out to him for a Predator movie.

Very cool facts I did not know any of this except fact #1
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
The first movie is in the top 100 movies of all time.

I would even argue it cracks top 50.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Just purchased tickets. I'm an Aliens/Predator fan, so I think it will be enjoyable.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
The original is one of my favorite movies of all time. This looks like a complete joke.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Black also stated that he approached Arnold for a cameo appearance to set him up for a full potential appearance in The Predator Sequel...Arnold said it was too small of a part and he was already working with Cameron on Terminator.

I'd also like to point out that this movie was co-written by the great Fred Dekker, who wrote such epic movies from my childhood as House, Night of the Creeps and Monster Squad.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
monster squad! I haven't thought about that movie in years! what a classic. now I know my next movie purchase. thank you!
Post 19 IP   flag post
601229 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?