Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

I’m celebrating 5 months today!7361

Collector Madbeez private msg quote post Address this user
Been five months since I hand delivered my books to these guys. They must have lost so many customers and spoiled their reputation so badly I would really consider the sustainability of this company. I would think hard about sending them anything for awhile.

Submitted at the Silicon Valley Comic-Con. Where we (my wife and I) were told they were currently doing modern books in under 30 days!!!

I’ve called and gotten full voice mail boxes, they lost my account only to realize they spelled my email wrong, I’ve talked to customer service and they said they’d put a rush on them. That was two months ago. And not one time was anyone apologetic, understaning or offered me any type of compensation. At this point I just want my book man.
Please.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
hang in there, cbcs is legit, as good or better than cgc

fortunately, their grading is better than their customer service, so it seems
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
The VP of CBCS and Beckett Media has apologized on this forum for the long delays.

Your books are safe. Probably safer in the CBCS vault then at your home. Waiting sucks but as Andy49 says, just hang in there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
6 months here, but Tim B. told me that was the case back when I submitted my books. I’m rooting for CBCS, got another batch I’d like to submit next year, waiting for them catch up.
CGC is tempting but the Newton ring thing is a gamble I’m not going to play. For quick resale, CGC all the way with a big Newton ring disclaimer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i think is Sh** that you have to wait 5 months to get books back.
there fast to take your money but not give a discount on late books when its 12 weeks not 20 weeks, am in the same boat as you , CBCS at least give 1 grading comic to everyone for free, that is late, that not asking for much.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector shimabuku private msg quote post Address this user
I hate hearing the excuse "We were in the process of moving to Dallas". Well that ain't my problem.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched a comparison vid between the 3 companies. Dude basically recommended pgx over cbcs. That is harsh. The number of disgruntled customers is growing rapidly.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Just watched a comparison vid between the 3 companies. Dude basically recommended pgx over cbcs. That is harsh. The number of disgruntled customers is growing rapidly.

i wouldn't recommend pgx over leaving it raw.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

People also eat laundry detergent pods. I fail to see your point.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Uh, perhaps that cbcs is such a mess right now you should either go with cbc or if you just want to get something slabbed for your personal collection, use pgx. Is that a good enough point?
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Uh, perhaps that cbcs is such a mess right now you should either go with cbc or if you just want to get something slabbed for your personal collection, use pgx. Is that a good enough point?

anyone who believes PGX is a legitimate alternative to CBCS should not be listened to, so no, that's not a good enough point.

The only issue right now is turn around times...that's it. Are you familiar with PGXs issues?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

anyone who believes PGX is a legitimate alternative to CBCS should not be listened to, so no, that's not a good enough point.

If you just want your comics slabbed and protected for cheap, I think it is an alternative.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you just want your comics slabbed and protected for cheap, I think it is an alternative.

I wouldn't trust pgx handling my comics.

I can buy a comicskin and slab it myself and get a better quality job than pgx.
Post 14 IP   flag post
if you want your comics slabbed and protected for cheap, you get these...

If you want to flush your money down the toilet, you go to PGX. I know this statement is harsh but comparing CBCS to PGX is rediculous...claiming PGX is a better alternative to CBCS is not only untrue but extremely insulting.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector silverage1375 private msg quote post Address this user
Last week I got back eight books that I had left at Awesome Con back in very early April. I had left a handful more with them that I got back quickly because they were more expensive ones. I have almost two short boxes of slabbing candidates. I am strongly considering leaving books with CGC in Baltimore instead of CBCS. I really hate to do that, but I'm afraid CBCS has messed up so badly they will not recover and the value of their slabbed books will suffer greatly. There was actually a good bit of talk about this at a local show in the DC suburbs among dealers this past weekend.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@silverage1375 I started selling comics about a year ago, I'm the definition of "small, local guy;" but I was up in the city last week for NCBD, and retailers small & large are refusing to submit books to CBCS until TAT's get under control.

The big dog in my area had started crossing over, and was doing a 50/50 split between CGC & CBCS. Talked to her last week, and the management was *not* happy. They submitted a bunch of customer books at the same show I did, and now have upset customers wondering where their books are. That split is back to 0/100% in CGC's favor. Another shop has, between CBCS TAT's & CGC newton rings, sworn off slabbed books entirely; they will only deal in raw books.

Its getting to people, that's for sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600892 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?