Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Airplane hangar, climate controlled, insulated room, top level security. Super cheap.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Airplane hangar, climate controlled, insulated room, top level security. Super cheap.

Have you seen the Ark of the Covenant? I seem to have misplaced it...
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@BigRedOne1944 thanks for posting up these construction pics!

What did you do to support the hinges for the drawers?
This looks incredible

You installed the drawers first and then the mounts in between the shelves?

Here is a Thread I was doing on the build last year. It got archived

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2934/page/2/building-a-comic-book-cabinet-in-my-my-cave/
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 nice!! I'm so glad you did that. Thanks
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@BigRedOne1944 nice!! I'm so glad you did that. Thanks

Your most certainly welcome. I really wanted to have a bit more in dept photos, but the but the photo platform on this board REALLY sucks.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Please keep sharing! My collection is tiny in comparison to some (especially @Kaptainmyke) and my wife still thinks I have too many. She is super competitive, so if I show her what other people have, then maybe... LOL. I Especially like the construction pics @BigRedOne1944
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s mine after some rearranging and rebagging today.

Post 58 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
FWIW I recommend this to ALL of you:

I got my entire collection insured now by Collectibles Insurance LLC www.collectinsure.com no affiliation, just recommending. $100,000 protection in the event of fire, water, smoke, theft, transit, USPS protection and proxy umbrella coverage in the car and to/from my house to storage. It costs $450/yr for private collections and $1600/yr for Dealer protection which covers my collection as if it were inventory since I have a website and I sell items on ebay, and also covers transit and storage of client books or consignment as well.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Started my policy this year. Peace of mind is a beautiful thing.
Post 60 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
its cheaper if you insure it on your home policy.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Not if you rent
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Might want to talk to your agent. I did. When determining value under homeowners, they go for the lowest achievable replacement cost for the item. Meaning I could have had a 9.8 (enter book here) go up in flames, and the insurance company would replace it based on the item, not the grade. So if you had an Amazing Fantasy #15 at 9.8, and they can find a 0.5, that's what they're willing to pay out in replacement cost.

Your policy could be different, but I'd check the fine print before placing a lot of faith in a homeowners policy. Or, as @kaptainmyke recommends & I agree with, get a supplemental policy to cover the books.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@GAC Might want to talk to your agent. I did. When determining value under homeowners, they go for the lowest achievable replacement cost for the item. Meaning I could have had a 9.8 (enter book here) go up in flames, and the insurance company would replace it based on the item, not the grade. So if you had an Amazing Fantasy #15 at 9.8, and they can find a 0.5, that's what they're willing to pay out in replacement cost.

Your policy could be different, but I'd check the fine print before placing a lot of faith in a homeowners policy. Or, as @kaptainmyke recommends & I agree with, get a supplemental policy to cover the books.

Yes, I checked this also. My insurance company does not insure them as collectibles; they insure them as reading material.

Which might not be so bad, come to think of it. I have a lot of stuff I could never sell for cover price, not even close. I mean a LOT. I'll have to ask exactly what the basis is ... cover price would be pretty awesome I think, even with a bunch of silver and bronze age mixed in. I would get thousands just for all the reading material I've bought over the last 3-4 years.

Time to get that spreadsheet updated...
Post 64 IP   flag post
598019 64 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?