Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
While recovering from surgery a month ago, I finally had time to organize the books. I am now about 90% there.It feels good to be organized. I will need to create more room soon. Or purge the drek.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
That's a lot of books. My comic room looks considerably different
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing,alphabetizing 10,000+ comics. It's a pain in the ass but fun anyway.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Dalkiel Right now I am trying to list and slphebetize 3,000 slabs while getting ready for three large comic shows within the next month. I even have the local Clifton show tomorrow.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!👍 My comic book room is more of a library but I will share some pics anyway. Several years back I decided to stop bagging and boarding my reading comics as it creates a deterrent to actually reading them. I keep my slabs and collector comics in a separate room. My 80s comics are filed chronologically here.

My Harveys and miscellaneous 60s and 70s in the bookcases.

And my hardcovers, tpbs and other items of interest in additional bookcases.

Great idea for a thread! I would love to see pictures of everyone’s reading room.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp - That’s the neatest and best organized “reading” room I have ever seen! Now I feel like even more of a slob.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Funny. And thanks 😊. I may be a little ocd.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp I can already see the stacking curls and spine rolls. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp

Impressive brother...makes my heart skip like a school girl...love that room.

I'm down to 15 long boxes and I am meeting the Dunkin donuts girl at my house this afternoon because I heard her say she loves comics while in line last wk...Im giving her 3 full long boxes for free. need to get this stuff out.

But if my room looked like yours, id never touch any of it..it's just a thing of beauty
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
oh...and @briangreensnips....I hope your surgery went well brother...good luck with recovery.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
@michaelekrupp I can already see the stacking curls and spine rolls. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

These are my reading copies. I am not overly concerned if they are in mint condition or not. If I started worrying about that, I would be afraid to handle them at all, which would lead to less reading and, ultimately, less enjoyment.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow i thought i had a lot of comics.... @Nuffsaid111
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Quote:

Impressive brother...makes my heart skip like a school girl...love that room.

I'm down to 15 long boxes and I am meeting the Dunkin donuts girl at my house this afternoon because I heard her say she loves comics while in line last wk...Im giving her 3 full long boxes for free. need to get this stuff out.

But if my room looked like yours, id never touch any of it..it's just a thing of beauty

Thanks so much! It’s nice to talk to people who appreciate books! That’s the main reason I joined this forum! My wife and most of the people in my everyday life are completely indifferent.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Nuffsaid, very impressive! Your comic book room is more like a warehouse!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp that's very well organized
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@michaelekrupp that's very well organized

Thanks. The neurosis really pays off!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Very nicely done. The row of Salvatore books...I *had* a bookshelf like that, all hardcover first editions. During my end of service move, the moving company "lost" two boxes: the one with my hardcover books, and the one I had marked "games". The Games box was a fake out; it was full of socks & underwear, but losing the books hit hard. Finding a replacement hardcover copy of Servant of the Shard in good condition has been a trial. Still, fantastic organization skills sir!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thanks. I am a huge Salvatore fan. I have the new book, “Timeless”, but haven’t started it yet. Sorry to hear about your lost books 😕. I feel your pain.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
oh...and @briangreensnips....I hope your surgery went well brother...good luck with recovery.
It went well but has taken a long time to recover. I would say that I am about 70% healed. I really enjoyed having some time with my books and not feeling guilty about getting other things done being I was not supposed to do anything strenuous.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

But it is so worth it.

This is my comic book room, and desk. Took a long time to paint this on...

Post 21 IP   flag post
Wow!😮 That’s freakin incredible! Did you do that yourself?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I did. It took a long time though. A lot of bottles of wine.

Post 23 IP   flag post
Dude, you are a talent! I am in awe of your skills!
Post 24 IP   flag post
very cool
Post 25 IP   flag post
Thank you gents.

Honestly, just time and patience
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

But it is so worth it.

This is my comic book room, and desk. Took a long time to paint this on...

That is amazing. At first glance, it has that busy Jack Kirby feel to it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips now that is a compliment! one that I don't nearly deserve, but, thank you all the same
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips now that is a compliment! one that I don't nearly deserve, but, thank you all the same
Your welcome.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That Kong Mural is Freaking out of this world AMAZING! Can you come do a wall for my room?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600835 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?