Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Universal Monsters . . . In HD!7258

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I have the "Essential Collection" Blu-ray set plus "Dracula Legacy Collection" DVD & "Frankenstein Legacy Collection" DVD. I would love to own the "Complete 30 Film Collection" on Blu-ray but I have never seen it for sale locally. I am hoping that Best Buy will sell it this year during the Halloween holiday.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon is your best bet. I got a $13 refund because I pre-ordered it & they automatically matched the lowest online price.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I have the "Essential Collection" Blu-ray set plus "Dracula Legacy Collection" DVD & "Frankenstein Legacy Collection" DVD. I would love to own the "Complete 30 Film Collection" on Blu-ray but I have never seen it for sale locally. I am hoping that Best Buy will sell it this year during the Halloween holiday.

It should also be noted that the “Complete Collection” is a boxed collection of several sets that are available individually, in case you don’t want to lay out that much cash in one go. Typically, the full box set will be cheaper than if you were to purchase all the individual sets at once but prices fluctuate.

Additionally, several of the individual sets included Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein and the duplication remains in this set (so you can give away copies of the movies to people at your Halloween party this year). Finally, there’s a bit of a controversy with the 3D presentation of Revenge of the Creature (both as in the individual set and the complete collection) as it is in the widely unpopular Side-by-Side 3D format instead of the standard Blu-Ray 3D format. Universal has indicated that they are “looking into it” but whether anything substantial will come of it is to be seen. Of course, if you don’t care for 3D it’s a non-issue.:

Invisible Man

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Wolf Man

Frankenstein

The Mummy

Dracula

Phantom of the Opera (not a set)
Post 28 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting a betta tank tomorrow. It is 10"x10"x10". I'm going to put this dracula figure in it (minus the salt and pepper shakers.

I am also going to print out a background. I figure if I put in 2" of gravel, I can print an 8"x10" photo for it. I haven't found the right one yet, but I did run across this cool gif.

Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not Universal but the original Castlevania games were greatly inspired by those movies with many of the classic monsters, like The Mummy and Frankenstein’s mosters serving as bosses with Dracula as the big bad. I’ve always thought the art for the firat several games was amazing. After that, the art took a more baroque approach, still beautiful, but a completely different fee from the original titles:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The Creature for me, and I’ll throw in my favorite Bama.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Nice “Creature” 1st print, @doog. I’ve got one waiting to be graded by the other guys at the moment. It was approved for Pressing through their screening process, so, I’m curious to see what the final grade will be.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Nice “Creature” 1st print, @doog. I’ve got one waiting to be graded by the other guys at the moment. It was approved for Pressing through their screening process, so, I’m curious to see what the final grade will be.

Mine is a 6 I figure, I’ll send it in someday and hope for a 7. Let us know what you get. It’s a popular though under the radar somewhat book, 1st print for sure
Post 33 IP   flag post
I think mine is in the 6-7 range too. I have a nicer one I purchased more recently I’ll send with my next order.

A beat up 3.0 2nd print sold on e-bay recently for $50.
Post 34 IP   flag post
That’s cool. I paid $75 for mine EBay buy it now about 3 years ago. A guy who had no sales history, selling Dads 10 books with poor pictures. Took a shot. Had good luck buying from folks who dont normally sell comics on EBay.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Picked up a small lot of Dell monster books on e-bay tonight. I was only missing the ‘Dracula’ book, it’s a placeholder, but I’m happy to have it. And now I have “reader” copies of the ‘Frankenstein’ & ‘Creature’ books as well.

This will be my 4th copy of the 2nd Print ‘Creature’ book, but the first one I’ve grabbed that I don’t consider collectible. The cover is detached, perfect for reading without worrying about damage.

Post 36 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested, a presentable second print of the “Creature” book just hit e-bay for about $14 shipped. I’d grab it if I didn’t have so many already:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401595774220
Post 37 IP   flag post
A bright, glossy, mid grade 1st print of the “Creature” book just hit e-bay if anyone is interested.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192654666745
Post 38 IP   flag post
One of my ‘Creature’ 1st prints got a 6.0 & is on its way back from CGC now.

I had another copy pressed & it’s on its way to Florida as we speak.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I also purchased this copy tonight.

Post 40 IP   flag post
This just arrived. Dropped off at SDCC in July with fast track press & grade.

My somewhat nicer copy arrived at CGC today.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I have the "Essential Collection" Blu-ray set plus "Dracula Legacy Collection" DVD & "Frankenstein Legacy Collection" DVD. I would love to own the "Complete 30 Film

Invisible Man

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Wolf Man

Frankenstein

The Mummy

Dracula

Phantom of the Opera (not a set)

*following*
Post 42 IP   flag post
No biggie, but I’ve posted reviews on my little tumblr page for the first five blu-rays from the Universal Monsters collection:

clickable text
Post 43 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Any fans of Basil Gogos?? Here is a kickstarter for a book of his artwork!!! I'd LOVE to get in on it, but can't at this time.

Kickstarter page

Post 44 IP   flag post
I realized my WOLFMAN was only DVD..

Lon Chaney Jr was made for that ROLE..
Post 45 IP   flag post
Just in from grading!

Highest grade 1st print on the census is 9.2, so I’ll take an 8.5 any day! Wish the paper quality was a bit better, but I’m super happy to finally have an 8.0+ copy!

Post 46 IP   flag post
was just asking pop today which bluerays of these do we still need.
Post 47 IP   flag post
600853 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?