Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Darth Who? Matt Smith Cast for Star Wars IX7257

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious .. who do you think he will be? First Order, Sith, Jedi, Rebels, random?

Excerpt from the article:

From the Whoniverse, to Buckingham Palace, to a galaxy far, far away.

Sources tell Variety that “The Crown” star Matt Smith is joining
“Star Wars: Episode IX,” which is currently in production in the U.K. It’s unknown at this time whether the “Doctor Who” alum will be on the side of the rebels or the evil empire.

Smith joins returning cast members Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, as well as newcomers Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, and Naomi Ackie. Billy Dee Williams is reprising his role as Lando Calrissian, and Carrie Fisher will be featured as Leia Organa in the final installment of the Skywalker saga, using previously unreleased footage shot for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Fisher died in December 2016 at the age of 60.

Mark Hamill will be returning as Luke Skywalker and Anthony Daniels will reprise his role at C-3PO.

Variety Article
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
They are still making Star Wars movies...I thought the franchise ended with the Last Jedi.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
LOL well, for a lot of people it did
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
They are still making Star Wars movies...I thought the franchise ended with the Last Jedi.

They are making too much money to quit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure it will be an insignificant role and a total waste of screen time..you know..like terrance stamp. An alien who gets a few scrappy lines?A stormtrooper? Ooo..oo..Rey's mom?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. I'm surprised that people even care.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was pretty obvious that Luke would be back.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Don't get me wrong..I love my star wars..sadly just haven't been enjoying the new ones. Solo and Rogue One were entertaining. I think I just enjoy the pre/rebellion era. Not sure if I care about Rey as a character. Rey does things that makes Luke from the original trilogy look like a putz. I do hope Matt smith gets some decent screen time. Maybe a knights of ren? Those poor saps got an entire second in the first film. What a waste...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like an imperial general.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh...he may have a line then.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600882 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?