Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Remembering great comics no longer in our collections...7233

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
For reference, this is the copy I kept. As pointed out earlier, the colors don't pop quite as much, but this copy of HIT Comics #16 has better structural integrity and PQ.

It was a tough choice, but the right one, in my estimation. BTW, the light scuff marks are on the outer holder, and the light refraction issue at bottom is the result of the holder pressing against the inner Borex capsule (it's a more obvious, less obnoxious form of Newtonian prism effect inherent in a small number of older holders). The book itself looks fab!

Post 76 IP   flag post
Phantom Lady #15 (CGC 8.5 OW) is a book I mildly regret auctioning. It doesn't come up often in grade, but at the time I was interested in acquiring some other book that was stretching my budget to it's limits. I don't regret acquiring the other book. However, the difference in what I made off of the auction for this book and paid for the other one didn't compensate me enough in the long run to justify selling it. C'est la vie.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Don't recall posting my old copy of PL #17 in this thread, but if it looks familiar, just pretend it's new and enjoy it all over again.

Of course, the queen of SOTI books is deeply missed. Ultimately, my reasons for letting this copy go to auction are complicated. The structure and overall beauty of this book is very high grade appearance-wise, but due to questionable PQ ...a problem many Fox books of this period suffer due to Victor Fox's use of recycled paper from his own acquired paper mill to cut production costs... this book graded out at 7.0 with "pink" (...and potentially brittle) pages.

Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
These two were stolen while in possession of an AW a year or two ago. The AW made it up to me but it still sucks

Post 79 IP   flag post
Sold this mid-grade copy long ago, but liked it enough to eventually hunt down another in grade...

Usually I don't post scans with labels, but this upgrade copy was so much more in my wheelhouse than the earlier one that it deserves to be shared...

Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
That is one fine comic book!!! Thank you for sharing.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
That is one fine comic book!!! Thank you for sharing.

Much appreciated, Rafael!
Post 82 IP   flag post
601379 82 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?