Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern Age

Toronto Fan Expo7217

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Love the Katchoo sketch! WOW.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@farseer Last year they seated us upstairs. I will west my blue Beavis and Butthead shirt which should make me easy to spot.

If you go downstairs it's a lot less formal. More of a bar than a restaurant, but will probably be more noisy too. We go there before concerts or hockey games at the former Air Canada Centre, now Scotiabank Arena.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
Mattina has these spawn covers too. Said to have a print run of 700.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am at the Loose Moose getting a table under the name Corey.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am at the Loose Moose getting a table under the name Corey.

If.you guys are looking for something to do..Silver Snail is having their midnight madness sale tonight 9pm-12am..

Up to 50% off everything.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
What is the snail like nowadays. I have gone once since they moved from Queen Street and was saddened to see what it had become...had to be 10 years ago or more.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
What is the snail like nowadays. I have gone once since they moved from Queen Street and was saddened to see what it had become...had to be 10 years ago or more.

It's ok...it's certainly a shadow of what it used to be, but it's probably in line with what the current Toronto marketplace supports. Prices are still decent...It's been about two years since I last went as we moved out of the GTA...
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCreed

What are these selling for at the table? I saw the print run is 666.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

What are these selling for at the table? I saw the print run is 666.

Should be $50 for the set.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Fan expo jock experience

Post 60 IP   flag post
Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo experience

And got this Mondo Jock poster done with both experiences

Post 61 IP   flag post
@Domogotcomics the set was $65cdn.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Domogotcomics the set was $65cdn.

eBay sales are ridiculous....didn’t see these offered anywhere else like the tech 880 foil.

The regular cover for 289 ain’t too shabby though.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Did anyone else have a hard time with John Byrne?

I had a few of his private experiences and he would not sign my books in any other than black.

Black pen only, black pen only...

Black was it... until I put up a fight

Post 64 IP   flag post
If they charged for a signature and it’s not a donation, they should be a little more flexible and offer a few colors. At least the basic blue red silver gold and black.

Especially if it’s requested....I’d have to believe the majority of people wanting a color to compliment the art are keeping it for the PC and not trying to make cash off their name.

If they bother you, walk away. They don’t get your cash.

Way to stand your ground though!
Post 65 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
What is the objection by the artist on pen colour? I dont get this.
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Drogio @GAC that was actually my argument at the signing.

Byrne was doing a free signing, up to 10 books, no duplicate issues, and in black
Sharpie only. But I had also paid for a separate VIP experience they basically cost me 75 bucks a signature.

They were even giving out cards on all the ways Byrne was being picky on the signings.

So with the management team there, I said that if it was free, sure, he can stipulate anyway he wants to, but if I am paying him, he'll sign it in pink if i want him to.

He even threw a bit of a fight when I took the black pen away from him.

But i said to management, if he doesnt sign it in what I want, I want my money back.

Obviously they didn't want to do that, so they let me fight him on the issue. I got what I wanted, but I had to pay for it

Side note: I was told Byrne has a problem with anything other than a standard Black sharpie because he believes the metallic ones are acidic, and does not want to be held responsible when the book eventually gets eaten away. Apparently
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
What is the objection by the artist on pen colour? I dont get this.

I always thought they were hypochondriacs and don't want to use someone else's sharpie, or something they're not familiar with and risk damaging the book. That I understand. But every pen/marker comes in every color imaginable. So why not make the experience a little more fun and carry a few options?

Seems like you make have over stepped your bounds grabbing the sharpie out of his hands. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get tossed! But I totally understand how pen color and signature placement can really help a cover pop and is worth pushing for...figuratively or literally though!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:

Seems like you make have over stepped your bounds grabbing the sharpie out of his hands. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get tossed! But I totally understand how pen color and signature placement can really help a cover pop and is worth pushing for...figuratively or literally though!

To be honest it was a reaction rather than a protest.

I stood in line for about an hour and a half in the free signings (which was where I learned of this rule), to which then caused me to argue with managament.

Management then sent me to a separate lady, Constance, who is a gem by the way, but when it was my VIP signing session, she requested that I wait until dead last of the signings to get my books done in another color, so others dont witness it and theres an uproar.

So just shy of 4 hours later, I handed him my silver pen first, and he put it down quickly and grabbed a black pen, almost on instinct it looked, and bam! I reacted.

No harm no foul, but there was no way I was letting black ink hit that cover.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Understood. About to "deface" your property without your conscent. I Would have done the same likely!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Some of my favored signings from Fan Expo Canada this yr.

Post 71 IP   flag post
I will never get my tech 880 signed as jock can only sign across jokers chin. Not a fan of signing across faces.

The tech 980 and flash mattina covers are very nice. Jealous!

Excited Mattina is going to provide art for some Batman B covers the next few months! Been loving the death stroke ones.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
I will never get my tech 880 signed as jock can only sign across jokers chin. Not a fan of signing across faces.

I got a book signed by jock which he did 5 years ago. He will sign it wherever you ask him

Post 73 IP   flag post
601211 73 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?