Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Venom First Host #1 Shattered7151

Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Little Giant Comics on ebay is selling Venom Host(Venom #1 Lethal Protection Shattered Cover.$27.49) Get some before sold out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
I personally don't see the appeal for the shattered covers. To me the variants just look messy with all the lines. Lethal Protector #1 is still easily available for a low price, wouldn't you just want the original? I get the art style but it's just not my taste. Genuinely curious on other's thoughts on this as well
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's a cash grab.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
It's a cash grab.

Retail variants doing Homages usually are.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
300 homages are getting very overdone IMO. Plus wasn't ASM 800 just done with a shattered 300 homage?

Edit; Apparently I'm half brain dead this morning. Original post was for lethal protector not asm 300. Still tired of homages though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
The 8-Bit homages and printings are terrible. Luckily I only wasted my money on one. Never again. Once bitten twice shy
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Bad cover to swipe
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Is it chromium?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Shattered variants = lazy as hell.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
Is a lot of homage covers and i wish they would make their own art but as long as they make them the people will keep purchase them.I am sure dealers will keep on purchasing and selling them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
i just can't buy into the shattered version of any covers. this is the same bs that Ginger Zap pulled with her "original" splattered art. i cant stand "remastered" covers either.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I like the shattered covers. They are original art in a sense...at least how he creates them by physically making the cover out of pieces of glass prior to design I the comic. I think that is pretty cool.

But as for this cover, I almost bought it, but I like he Dell otto cover better as well as the 1:25 variant. Trying to decide what to do.

This one is at least priced about right. He last two shattered variants started at $30 and $35 I believe...because they were classic homages of hulk 181 and asm 300. They quickly sold out within an hour despite being a 3000 print run, jumped up to more than double that...now I believe they've settled back down to near $50.

Since this one has been for sale over 24 hours now and still not sold out, I don't see is as having as much demand and jumping in price. So if you want it for the PC, go for it. But I'd advise against buying it as a spec book.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Also, just for comparison, it was at 425 copies sold 24 hours ago...now it's at 461...so that's 400 copies the first 24 hours and less than 50 in the subsequent period...not exactly hot cakes, it maybe the word hasn't got out like with past shattered variants.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hulk 181 and 300 sold at other stores besides ebay.Give it time.
Post 15 IP   flag post
601275 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?