Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Steve ditko and stan lee stories7142

Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
We all love the work behind Steve and stan with doctor strange and Spider-Man but I have always been so fascinated by the pre hero stories they used to do. Some were horror based some were about aliens, monsters, sci-fi, etc... for some reason these have always been my favorite stories they ever published. I will admit I am not a comic reader. I am a comic collector, I don't read comics I look at them, it's the art I love not the text. The classic ditko kirby art that was drawn in such a way, I have always loved. But these stories are actually so entertaining, I love them, did marvel ever reprint all of the classic ditko lee stories they published in, JIM, TTA, AAF, TOS, etc. thanks guys
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
There are marvel masterworks available covering most of these. Search “Atlas Era”. There was also a ton back in the 80s called”Marvel Minster Masterworks” that collected the best of the monster stories.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tpb not ton. Damn spell check.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
oh those kind of stories. i thought you were asking about some other stories. heh
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I just collect originals. I've started with Tales To Astonish.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Very cool here is my original
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have a lot more. I just wasn't sure which issues feature Ditko art.
That's a good one though...
Post 8 IP   flag post
@X51 thank you, I love fin fang foom, I do believe most of the strange tales, journey into mystery, tales of suspense, series like that feature a 5 page story by ditko and lee. At least some of he later issues, the ST 89 has a story named the green plants or something like that, where a rich guy loves his plants and one day is robbed, the robber says give me all you have and the guy says something I don't remember anyways it ends with the robber trying to kill the man and the plants seizing the robber as the man says if you have friends you will never be alone or something like that. In conclusion a ditko lee story
Post 9 IP   flag post
I like that stuff even when the stories are cheesy.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
600813 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?