Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

CBCS Comic Collectors Club Giveaway on Facebook7139

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If you are a member of the Club on Facebook, Steve Borock announced a giveaway that he is doing in recognition of the club growing to 2,500 members. He announced it yesterday and there have a ton of entries so far. If you were not a member of the group by last Saturday, you are ineligible for this giveaway.

Here is what Steve Borock posted about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Borock
HAPPY SUNDAY! We just hit over 2500 members! What a great community of members we have here! Thank you all so much! So, to thank each of you who have been with us since early on and those of you who are new, we would like to thank you by having some fun. Now, you must have been a member since yesterday, August 11th (My amazing daughter Rachel Alexandra's birthday!). If you join today or after, you cannot qualify. Please post a pic in a SEPARATE POST of one of your CBCS books and we will pick a winner at random to receive a free 2-Day Modern or one Consumer, your choice. (Winner pays shipping). Starts now and will end on Thursday August 16th. So.....THANK YOU ALL AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

If you want to join the group, here is link: CBCS Comic Collectors Club
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Cool! but alas, I know not of this book of faces you speak of. But in all seriousness..that is cool!! Good luck!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent in request to join the club...maybe next time?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Quite possibly. Steve B. did something similar when we hit 2,000 members. It's all up to him.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Quite possibly. Steve B. did something similar when we hit 2,000 members. It's all up to him.

I had to check to be sure this wasn't the same contest.

Just entered my Archie Comics # 15.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
It’s unfortunate the forum doesn’t get love like this. C'est la vie.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

Yeah, no kidding. I have often thought that the forum is looked upon as the red headed step child.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

Yeah, no kidding. I have often thought that the forum is looked upon as the red headed step child.

Just be glad it isnt moderated the same. You dont want that kind of “love” here.

On another note, it is pretty cool that Steve B has a big online presence. He’s in a bunch of groups and from grading advice to CBCS problems, tends to jump in to help out with various advice and action pretty often.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - I am not a fan or participant in that arena, also.

@shrewbeer - I like that Steve B gives you the choice of a 2-Day Modern or a Consumer. I wish they would do the same for their Membership so I wouldn't waste my "coupons" every year.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@GAC - I am not a fan or participant in that arena, also.

@shrewbeer - I like that Steve B gives you the choice of a 2-Day Modern or a Consumer. I wish they would do the same for their Membership so I wouldn't waste my "coupons" every year.

Instead of wasting them couldn't you help a friend of yours submit the books that apply for the paid membership. It seems like a waste to let those coupons expire without using them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Winner pays shipping. lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim - The “Coupons” never show up on your Dashboard so you forget about them until you renew your membership (when they expire). Maybe I will use them at a Convention where CBCS is present. Then I could basically get two modern books graded super fast for the cost of return shipping.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@SpiderTim - The “Coupons” never show up on your Dashboard so you forget about them until you renew your membership (when they expire). Maybe I will use them at a Convention where CBCS is present. Then I could basically get two modern books graded super fast for the cost of return shipping.

yes the coupons don't show on your dashboard you have to ask them to use the coupons on your submission.
Post 13 IP   flag post
601451 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?