Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversComics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

The 2-day connundrum7135

Collector atrembley private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

Here’s a question:

I am going to send in a sketch cover for signatures and encapsulation. Based on the cost to insure ($650), it will only let me pick 2-day for the turnaround.

Is two day really two day? Is it worth the cost?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
No & NO
Post 2 IP   flag post
Big Red One can you tell me more?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
2DM will be the cheapest option but you Should have more options, if Modern and insured for $650.
Do you not have a clickable drop box?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah there are other options, this just seems to be the most cost effective. Is the TAT actually 2 days? I’m not horribly offended by the idea it may be longer, but it’s the crown of my collection, so I don’t want it gone too long.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrembley
Yeah there are other options, this just seems to be the most cost effective. Is the TAT actually 2 days? I’m not horribly offended by the idea it may be longer, but it’s the crown of my collection, so I don’t want it gone too long.

No it will be longer then two days, as CBCS is still behind, but at that insurance value none of the other tiers are available. Who sketched it?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Catalyst_Comics it’s a Jae Lee. Here’s the image
Post 7 IP   flag post
No idea what this cost, but Your options are lower the insured value to $400 and it will open cheaper but much longer tiers, that said for this i would do the 2 day and get it back a lot faster.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Two day modern - the last time I used it about two months ago - actually ran about one week.

Your submission will probably take longer because of the signatures. If they are authentic (witnessed signatures) you'll probably come in around two weeks. If it's Verified (unwitnessed) signatures it's hard to estimate. VSP by itself seems to add 2-4 weeks to a submission.

The two day Modern service IMHO is still by far your best option. You will have the book back faster than Quickstream for less money
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrembley
Big Red One can you tell me more?

Mostly for what others have already said.

My personal view, and I know many will disagree....

1- Im NEVER in a hurry, enough to pay the ridiculous premiums for ANY of the so called "Expedient" services, (Fast pass, 2-Day, quickstream etc), all are nothing more than marketing ploys designed to extract more money from the customer, and more often than not those fees are more than the book itself is worth.

2- I don't believe the book is worth insuring for $650. I would chose whatever the highest value is, on the cheapest tier.

3- Im not a fan of these sketch covers or signatures and Im likely bias as to the high value placed on them

4- Good luck with whatever choice you decide on.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600688 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?