Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is CBCS customer service moving to India?7088

Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
Florida has aids
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Canada is Americas hat and Florida is Americas wang.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
Guess so. Seems kind of pointless without Mexico. Just give the rest to South America.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
North America is Canada, USA and Mexico.

This is Central America.

Yes it is.To elaborate more wiki states:

"Central America is the southernmost, isthmian portion of the North American continent, which connects with the South American continent on the southeast. Central America is bordered by Mexico to the north, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the east, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Central America consists of seven countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama."

So technically Central America is still part of North America. I myself hail from El Salvador.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I am an old man.

I can remember when one walked into one's bank to be greeted by a cashier with a smile and being addressed by one's name and my query /problem being addressed and resolved there and then.

I remember the letter that I received several years ago from them that said that they were closing my local branch but I could "ring customer services" on this number.

I rang the number and was greeted by a nice lady from an Indian call centre who could not understand my Yorkshire accent/dialect and nor could I understand but one in three words of her "English".

I understand that businesses are always looking to cut costs but I think at the moment that we have reached the point of diminishing returns.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
Why wouldn't an employee just have one of their buddies submit their books for them? this would avoid the "conflict of interest" wouldn't it? But, if the employee worked in shipping/receiving or labeling (nothing grading related) I don't see how it would be an issue. Odd but somewhat understandable policy.

Exactly. They could submit comics in their brother's or wife's name and who would know?
Post 81 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
First of all, Mexico last time I checked a globe is still America. South America.

Mexico is part of North America

I was trying to be funny
Post 82 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Seems like every month or two. Something pops up that puts CBCS in a bad light and calls into question their business smarts and dedication.

Y'all at CBCS should have all the bugs worked out by now.

Simple question: Who is running CBCS? Not who owns it, or who is the figurehead. But who actually sits at the table during a "meeting" and makes decisions on direction and actions?

I always assumed it was Borock. But now I am wondering if he is the "face", but not the decider.

Is this all some kind of joke? That was the first thing that came to my mind when this news broke on here, mostly due to the "owner" being named "Sandeep", which is a lot like "Sand Deep". And is pictured wearing a head turban. Probably legit, but has the potential for some freakish sick joke. And based in Texas to boot.

Too funny to be true. Therefore it probably is true.

Why is having a non-white person wearing a head turban at the helm of a company too funny to be true?

Also, how has this “popped up” and put “CBCS in a bad light”?
Post 83 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Quote:
Seems like every month or two. Something pops up that puts CBCS in a bad light and calls into question their business smarts and dedication.

Y'all at CBCS should have all the bugs worked out by now.

Simple question: Who is running CBCS? Not who owns it, or who is the figurehead. But who actually sits at the table during a "meeting" and makes decisions on direction and actions?

I always assumed it was Borock. But now I am wondering if he is the "face", but not the decider.

Is this all some kind of joke? That was the first thing that came to my mind when this news broke on here, mostly due to the "owner" being named "Sandeep", which is a lot like "Sand Deep". And is pictured wearing a head turban. Probably legit, but has the potential for some freakish sick joke. And based in Texas to boot.

Too funny to be true. Therefore it probably is true.

Why is having a non-white person wearing a head turban at the helm of a company too funny to be true?

Also, how has this “popped up” and put “CBCS in a bad light”?

Well, since you are spoiling for a fight. Let me point out to you that the world has been in turmoil for quite some time, with problems between Christians/Arabs, Dark skinned peoples/light skinned peoples, Christian/Muslim, Jewish/Muslim, and the list goes on and on. Doesn't matter if a person is Arab or LOOKS Arab. The animosity is there, rightly or wrongly. I actually can't believe you asked that question with a straight face. I can only conclude you know exactly my initial points, but are trying to get me slapped by CBCS for making some kind of perceived racist comment.

And,

You don't think the absorption of an American company based in Texas, by a parent company based overseas, doesn't put CBCS in a bad light? With an owner whose name sounds like and is spelled similar to "Sand Deep"? Then you are a better man than I am. I believe and subscribe to "Buy American". Maybe being a Canuck, you can not understand that. I can not investigate every product or service to know for sure. But when information "pops up" in a comic book forum. I take notice and act accordingly.

You make it sound like I am the only one here that has a problem with this foreign ownership situation. I (like most I think) thought Beckett was an American company. My bad for not investigating it in the first place, and just assuming.

I have hard decisions to make. Because I dislike CGC very much. But CBCS is making it hard on my ethics and attitudes. I guess I will have to just abstain from having books professionally graded at all.

Haven't made up my mind yet. Still pondering this all and waiting for additional information.

P.S. Last time we bickered here. I asked you if you had ever heard the name "Canucklehead" before. And the line went dead. Just want you to know, it is a sort of nickname of Wolverine. He has been referred as Canucklehead several times in the comics. It WAS an insult on my part. But a veiled insult having to do with comic books. I did not invent it just to say it to you.

So there that's. Any more questions about geo-political situations, or American values.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like this at all. So what's the alternative CGC?
Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I don't like this at all. So what's the alternative CGC?

Yes except books come back looking like rainbow brite these days
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
If the new management can get the TATS back to where they are supposed to be I'm all for it. Doesn't matter to me who gets it done as long as it gets done. FYI none of these big corporations give a F**k about you American or foreign. If it wasn't for regulations ('big gov't') they'd sell you sh!t and say its filet mignon. No need to cape...
Post 87 IP   flag post
Maybe of slabdeep is truly a hard ass, he can whip the TAT'S into shape. On another note, idove to see his comic collection..
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is making it SO dang hard to still be a loyal customer. This might be the straw the breaks that camels back.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Why a camels back???? Cause sandeep??
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
Why a camels back???? Cause sandeep??
Crap...I made a racists pun without even realizing it. Totally unintentional.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! This one of the funniest topics yet!!!
Post 92 IP   flag post
Slabdeep is not pleased...
Post 93 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think this thread is moving towards uncomfortable territory....we're on a slippery slope that a slight nudge may result is a lock.....i'm out.
Post 94 IP   flag post

Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I think this thread is moving towards uncomfortable territory....we're on a slippery slope that a slight nudge may result is a lock.....i'm out.

Agreed, need to keep things on topic here. Nothing wrong with a few jokes or having sentiment to buy American products, but lets please not get this thing locked with inappropriate comments/discussion.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Doesn't matter if a person is Arab or LOOKS Arab. The animosity is there, rightly or wrongly. I actually can't believe you asked that question with a straight face. I can only conclude you know exactly my initial points, but are trying to get me slapped by CBCS for making some kind of perceived racist comment.

I was actually attempting to have you clarify your statement, lest anyone reading it, think it had racial undertones. It didn't work.

Quote:
With an owner whose name sounds like and is spelled similar to "Sand Deep"? Then you are a better man than I am.

His name has no bearing. BTW, there are over 65,000 Americans named "Sandeep"*.

Quote:
CBCS is making it hard on my ethics and attitudes.

The CBCS CEO's name, skin color and nationality are hard on your ethics? Wow!

*Populatity and Statistics:Sandeep
Post 97 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 98 IP   flag post
If I was a Mod I'd lock this thread.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If I was a Mod I'd lock this thread.

Disagree. Why sweep things under the rug? Give people a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
...i'm out.

PS I thought you were out?
Post 100 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Quote:
Doesn't matter if a person is Arab or LOOKS Arab. The animosity is there, rightly or wrongly. I actually can't believe you asked that question with a straight face. I can only conclude you know exactly my initial points, but are trying to get me slapped by CBCS for making some kind of perceived racist comment.

I was actually attempting to have you clarify your statement, lest anyone reading it, think it had racial undertones. It didn't work.

Quote:
With an owner whose name sounds like and is spelled similar to "Sand Deep"? Then you are a better man than I am.

His name has no bearing. BTW, there are over 65,000 Americans named "Sandeep"*.

Quote:
CBCS is making it hard on my ethics and attitudes.

The CBCS CEO's name, skin color and nationality are hard on your ethics? Wow!

*Populatity and Statistics:Sandeep

1. Yea right. You wanted to "help" me.

2. It does have bearing on my believing it may have been some kind of sick joke. And who cares about "Americans". We are talking about foreign ownership of an Indian person.

3. Yep. On my "Buy American" beliefs and ethics.

4. Don't try to "help" me again. Your help is not needed or wanted. And just to be perfectly clear, so that we don't have to discuss any further. Don't address me personally. Address the subjects of threads.
Post 101 IP   flag post
I wish the "new" CBCS ownership all the best in their endeavours.

Also, for all we know Mr. Sandeep Dua may have saved CBCS. Without him, we may have been stuck with CGC.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Who says Sandeep Dua owned the company?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

CBCS is owned by Beckett Media
Beckett Media is owned by Eli Global
Eli Global is an American rooted International Company with many offices worldwide including USA and India
Eli Global is majority owned by Greg Lindberg
Greg Lindberg was born and raised in America

Beckett stated they bought CBCS to grow the service and expand internationally...you can't grow a company internationally without having leadership in other countries...

Sometimes to secure leadership in other countries you need fancy titles like CEO to attract them.

EDIT - Has anyone googled the Indian comic industry? It appears to be a huge market.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
None of this would matter if CBCS customers were happy.

From what I read on these forums, they're not.

I read frustration and disappointment. Too much, at this point, to want to send my books to CBCS.

I'm still watching. And waiting.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Who says Sandeep Dua owned the company?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

CBCS is owned by Beckett Media
Beckett Media is owned by Eli Global
Eli Global is an American rooted International Company with many offices worldwide including USA and India
Eli Global is majority owned by Greg Lindberg
Greg Lindberg was born and raised in America

Beckett stated they bought CBCS to grow the service and expand internationally...you can't grow a company internationally without having leadership in other countries...

Sometimes to secure leadership in other countries you need fancy titles like CEO to attract them.

EDIT - Has anyone googled the Indian comic industry? It appears to be a huge market.

It would be nice to have clarity on this.

Sandeep owns Entrust Global, which claims CBCS. However, he is a portfolio manager at Eli Global, which currently does not claim cbcs on their site (but does claim Beckett).

Wut.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598038 117 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.