Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is CBCS customer service moving to India?7088

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
The solution is more Tariffs on comics.

That's what happened - you guys confiscated the 'u's at the border!!!!

Colour, colour, colour - I love it when they are underlined in red!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You all did know that the cgc's entire case and inner wells are made in Mexico and CBCS' are made in Texas, right?

CBCS has stated that brand new cases are coming soon. Made in....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Serious question.

Is the mind set "Buy American" racist?

Everything is racist these days. If you dont like someone’s political views just call them a racist and be done with it. Dont like someone buying only american stuff, sure, call them a racist. Wanna post a meme in here about india that has a tan skinned person? Ohhhh racist!!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Let's clarify a couple of things:

1) Both Beckett Media & CBCS are owned by Eli Global which is based in India.

2) The accounting department is based in India which is why checks are being issued from there.

3) Customer Service isn't being outsourced to the best of my knowledge. As stated a few times before, CBCS lost a number of employees when the move was made from FL to TX. Customer Service was one of the departments affected by this. Currently there are only 2 people handling CS issues on a full time basis with 2 others that assist in that capacity as time allows.

4) Calling/emailing multiple times per day slows the response time as CS has to review every voicemail (even hang ups) and check back through the email log to see if questions/concerns from the same person have been addressed.

I'll be on the road working conventions for the better part of the next 8 weeks and won't be available to answer questions here but feel free to stop by the booth at these conventions and I'll be happy to provide whatever answers I can.

Fan Expo Boston: 8/10-8/12
Terifficon: 8/17-8/19
Wizard World Chicago: 8/23-8/26
Fan Expo Canada: 8/30-9/2
Rose City Comic Con: 9/7-/9/9
Cincinnati Comic Expo: 9/14-9/16
Baltimore Comic Con: 9/28-9/30
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser appreciate your time answering a few questions. However, I think most would be more appreciated if CBCS/Beckett could follow up with some actions.

Couple of follow up questions:

Fine with accounting based in India. However, i don’t think it is a winning business model to have checks shipped directly from India vs having checks couriered from India to CBCS/Beckett in Texas and from there posted (at least to US buyers).

With regard to customer service, I find it amazing that it still has not been resolved with either hiring or integrated with Beckett.

To me all these issues just give me the perception that the move was done hastely, with no proper due diligence / thoughts and not as well executed as one would expect.

Just to illustrate the difference. I had an issue with a submission at a competitor. I send an email. The email was responded to and issue addressed same day.

I really wish the best for CBCS - but unless things change (and soon!) I fear for the way ahead.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Adding to those questions. Why while the move was happening and afterwards was not the people in the Florida facility not kept on to handle the overload caused by the move and some of the staff not willing to move to Texas. I would think a wiser business practice would have been to faze out the Florida facility. The cost of this would have far outweighed the result you have now.
I repeat my former statement once you lose a customer it takes a lot to get them back.
Sears is a great example of that. They destroyed there cust Service departments. And look at the results. Great customer service in dears your cust to you. Nuff said on this. Please try a little harder. I really like your quality. make the commitment. Thanks for listening
Post 55 IP   flag post

@poka I can't speak as to why things are done the way they are, Eli Global has systems in place and procedures they follow, I don't have any further insight on that matter.

Customer Service & Receiving are somewhat of a combined department. It might seem like a simple fix to just hire warm bodies to fill the voids, however, it's my understanding that the criteria is to find quality people. Ideally that would mean someone with a basic working knowledge about comics and how to properly handle them. I know that several people in the last few years have passed on accepting positions with CBCS based on one specific point. Employees are not allowed to submit books for grading. I've seen a fair number of people post on various outlets that they want an opportunity to come on board with the company until that's brought up.

I'd wager it's safe to say the competitor you reference has a full Customer Service staff. Currently we don't. Even one of two more people working in that capacity would help exponentially and they're working on finding qualified candidates to fill those rolls from what I've been told.

@Gotlift I can't offer any insight as to how or why things with the move were handled the way they were. I work remotely, I had't been to the FL office since March of last year and, as of right now, have not been to the Dallas office. I have zero first hand knowledge of what did or didn't go into the planning and execution of it.

I also can't say why anyone who didn't make the move to TX made the decision they did. I'd guess that for some at least it was a matter of not wanting to uproot their families.

That's all I have time to address here for the time being. I have to catch a flight in a couple of hours.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know if CGC is "wholly" american?
Post 57 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
First of all, Mexico last time I checked a globe is still America. South America. Most of our American cars and trucks are assembled in Canada or Mexico anyways.

Second, Tim are you telling me, just so I can clarify this, "we have trouble filling positions because of one simple thing: employees are not allowed to submit books to cbcs" Are you telling me you can't fill positions because a bunch of nerds can't submit their own books?! With your TAT I don't think I'd be worried if an employee got their book 15 months later from pressing and grading after being hired. If that's the issue then sounds like there should be a policy change. As long as their isn't an employee discount what are you worried about?

Sounds like passing the buck. Every single time.

Third - I, just like Poka, called the competitor for an issue with an invoice, and I asked for a form. The person to talk to was at a convention but he still emailed me and helped me with my concern and sent me the form I needed. Within hours.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Second, Tim are you telling me, just so I can clarify this, "we have trouble filling positions because of one simple thing: employees are not allowed to submit books to cbcs" Are you telling me you can't fill positions because a bunch of nerds can't submit their own books?! With your TAT I don't think I'd be worried if an employee got their book 15 months later from pressing and grading after being hired. If that's the issue then sounds like there should be a policy change. As long as their isn't an employee discount what are you worried about?

Sounds like passing the buck. Every single time.

That's not what I said at all. If someone has submissions with us at the time they're hired that's fine. The problem comes in when they're informed that going forward from their hire date that they can't submit books anymore. I also stated that this has been a point of contention for potential new hires for some time, not that it's the sole reason for what's going on at CBCS now.

Quote:
Third - I, just like Poka, called the competitor for an issue with an invoice, and I asked for a form. The person to talk to was at a convention but he still emailed me and helped me with my concern and sent me the form I needed. Within hours.
Good, that's how it should work if their CS personnel are working the booth at a convention. Ours, however, don't. I've said before that with VERY few exceptions we're no longer utilizing office staff to work conventions.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Alright I can see your frustration, Tim. I get it. This is a tough situation to be in, for all parties involved.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
To me it is a self-inflicted avoidable situation - unless the move to Texas was not CBCS’s own decision.

@TimBildhauser was TAT are you going to inform a potential submitter approaching you during the cons if someone ask you?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
Why wouldn't an employee just have one of their buddies submit their books for them? this would avoid the "conflict of interest" wouldn't it? But, if the employee worked in shipping/receiving or labeling (nothing grading related) I don't see how it would be an issue. Odd but somewhat understandable policy.
Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like every month or two. Something pops up that puts CBCS in a bad light and calls into question their business smarts and dedication.

Y'all at CBCS should have all the bugs worked out by now.

Simple question: Who is running CBCS? Not who owns it, or who is the figurehead. But who actually sits at the table during a "meeting" and makes decisions on direction and actions?

I always assumed it was Borock. But now I am wondering if he is the "face", but not the decider.

Is this all some kind of joke? That was the first thing that came to my mind when this news broke on here, mostly due to the "owner" being named "Sandeep", which is a lot like "Sand Deep". And is pictured wearing a head turban. Probably legit, but has the potential for some freakish sick joke. And based in Texas to boot.

Too funny to be true. Therefore it probably is true.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Seems like every month or two. Something pops up that puts CBCS in a bad light and calls into question their business smarts and dedication.

Y'all at CBCS should have all the bugs worked out by now.

Simple question: Who is running CBCS? Not who owns it, or who is the figurehead. But who actually sits at the table during a "meeting" and makes decisions on direction and actions?

I always assumed it was Borock. But now I am wondering if he is the "face", but not the decider.

Is this all some kind of joke? That was the first thing that came to my mind when this news broke on here, mostly due to the "owner" being named "Sandeep", which is a lot like "Sand Deep". And is pictured wearing a head turban. Probably legit, but has the potential for some freakish sick joke. And based in Texas to boot.

Too funny to be true. Therefore it probably is true.

Sandeep is true, and lives in India. He bought Beckett in '09. Must have done well, as he bought a few other things and then started the "Entrust Global" group which encapsulates his various purchases. Beckett grading must have made him some loot for him to be motivated enough to go out and purchase CBCS as well. Also owns Dragon Shield card protectors. Sounds like a smart guy actually, and seems to be doing quite well for himself investing in collectibles businesses.

Truth can be stranger than fiction...

Borock is supposedly still at the helm locally, but the global decisions are made by Sandeep. Turban and all.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user

Post 65 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix

To be fair...that style of management is not unique...i myself have worked in 2 similar environments. I still performed my functions as required...what i didn't do was an iota more that what was required. I satisfied my immediate supervisors who i would be using as references as i searched for other jobs. Pretty awesome...you could set your clock based on the staff...no one came in early....no one stayed late!!!
Post 66 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix

To be fair...that style of management is not unique...i myself have worked in 2 similar environments. I still performed my functions as required...what i didn't do was an iota more that what was required. I satisfied my immediate supervisors who i would be using as references as i searched for other jobs. Pretty awesome...you could set your clock based on the staff...no one came in early....no one stayed late!!!

it's unfortunate and rather surprising, that in this day and age a management style like is still around.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Mr. Dua is very much involved in the day to day of Beckett.

Here is the link Article
Post 68 IP   flag post
"SLABDEEP"
Post 69 IP   flag post
I have a son with disabilities. Employees are still human beings. Causing mental breakdowns isn't exactly the management style I'd be focusing on.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Looks like Mr. Dua is very much involved in the day to day of Beckett.

Here is the link Article

I hope the CBCS graders fare better than this 😳
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'd rather deal with Newton Rings than to give money to a company whose employees are treated like dirt by their higher ups.
Post 72 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
First of all, Mexico last time I checked a globe is still America. South America.

Mexico is part of North America
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
Central America
Post 74 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
North America is Canada, USA and Mexico.

This is Central America.

Post 75 IP   flag post
Florida has aids
Post 76 IP   flag post
Canada is Americas hat and Florida is Americas wang.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
Guess so. Seems kind of pointless without Mexico. Just give the rest to South America.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
North America is Canada, USA and Mexico.

This is Central America.

Yes it is.To elaborate more wiki states:

"Central America is the southernmost, isthmian portion of the North American continent, which connects with the South American continent on the southeast. Central America is bordered by Mexico to the north, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the east, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Central America consists of seven countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama."

So technically Central America is still part of North America. I myself hail from El Salvador.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I am an old man.

I can remember when one walked into one's bank to be greeted by a cashier with a smile and being addressed by one's name and my query /problem being addressed and resolved there and then.

I remember the letter that I received several years ago from them that said that they were closing my local branch but I could "ring customer services" on this number.

I rang the number and was greeted by a nice lady from an Indian call centre who could not understand my Yorkshire accent/dialect and nor could I understand but one in three words of her "English".

I understand that businesses are always looking to cut costs but I think at the moment that we have reached the point of diminishing returns.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601218 117 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.