Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

UK Marvel Bronze Age Comics for Sale.7071

Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I have several hundred UK Marvel Bronze Age Comics for Sale.
I don't know if they would be of interest here but I'll show them anyway before I try ebay.

This particular lot is for Rampage 1-34 from 1977 (the full set).
These UK comics are slightly larger than US comics. They fit nicely into A4 size bags and boards, and all will be individually bagged and boarded with brand new supplies with no tape or labels etc.

They have colour covers and 36 pages of black and white stories which contain reprints of Marvel Silver Age. The covers seem to show an inordinate amount of Hulk but there is only one Hulk story per issue with the other stories reprinting the adventures of the whole Marvel canon including Dr Strange, The X-Men, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America amongst others. These comics are listed in the Grand Comics Database which lists all the individual stories per issue.

They show the usual amount of browning to the page edges common to these comics and there may be the odd crease or so. A newsagents delivery name or address is quite common on these. All are complete and intact with no nasty surprises inside. It's difficult to grade these using the US method but I would say that they are all at least VG or better. There are no free gifts with these.

I have shown photos below. I am asking only $275 including postage to the USA with insurance and tracking. Payment by Paypal.

I don't know if these will be of interest or whether it's worth my posting others but if you are not satisfied you can return these for a refund.

Whatever you think I would be interested in your thoughts and comments.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I really like the stuff you are posting and the price is probably very reasonable. The chance to buy in bulk is a huge temptation.
Unfortunately, the UK versions of this type that I've bought locally only cost me about half that much per issue or less when available.
With the added shipping costs to the US, I just can't justify spending the money. Great stuff though. Hopefully the one-stop shopping opportunity for a buyer will help you sell them. Cool stuff.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have Mighty World of Marvel # 129??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I don't but could probably track one down for you for 3/4 quid with the postage to me another couple of pounds sterling.

The problem is that the postage to the US for a single comic just doesn't make the idea feasible.

(That's why the sets I'm offering are such good value ).
Post 4 IP   flag post
@X51

I could sell lots a bit cheaper too but they would not be in the same nice condition. They would not be continuous runs starting with the #1s. They would be examined to weed out any low grade but there would not be any guarantee as to internal condition. They would not be individually bagged and there would be no backing boards.

I could sell you broken runs with mixed titles (my choice) for $450/$500 per hundred if you were interested.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I don't but could probably track one down for you for 3/4 quid with the postage to me another couple of pounds sterling.

The problem is that the postage to the US for a single comic just doesn't make the idea feasible.

(That's why the sets I'm offering are such good value ).

Oh well...planning a trip over seas for next year...might get a chance to pop into some comic shops etc. London, Warick and Brighton are on the list with a 3day narrow boat canal trip to slow the vacation down!! Maybe a few laps at Silverstone if I'm lucky
Post 6 IP   flag post
Reduced to $195 or offers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Last chance at $175 ono including postage to the US.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
@X51

I could sell lots a bit cheaper too but they would not be in the same nice condition. They would not be continuous runs starting with the #1s. They would be examined to weed out any low grade but there would not be any guarantee as to internal condition. They would not be individually bagged and there would be no backing boards.

I could sell you broken runs with mixed titles (my choice) for $450/$500 per hundred if you were interested.

I'd like to get more stuff like this if I was buying. The problem is that I want to downsize my collection on other things at the same time. I'd like to make an offer, but I just can't justify adding to the stockpile of comics I already own.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600899 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?