Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Rob Liefeld signature from 19916936

Collector smeninc private msg quote post Address this user

Here is a New Mutants 87 and X-Force 1 autographed by Rob Liefeld in 1991 shortly after X-Force 1 release . This is was from a comic book convention in Miami and he even sold one of his big black/white story board page to a lady. Those were the days.

Should I get this verified with CBSC ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
The new mutants 87 wouldnt be a bad idea. Is it a keepsake or flip? You can always do ebay research for best value.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeninc

Here is a New Mutants 87 and X-Force 1 autographed by Rob Liefeld in 1991 shortly after X-Force 1 release . This is was from a comic book convention in Miami and he even sold one of his big black/white story board page to a lady. Those were the days.

Should I get this verified with CBSC ?

I also have a NM 87 wich I had purchsed with signature around 15 years ago, I have sent it to cbcs to verification and if authentic encapsulation.
Just be ready to wait a long time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
From a financial perspective...
New Mutants 87 - Yes
X-Force 1 - No

...I just did a quick ebay search on the X-Force 1 and got completely derailed when I saw that someone is selling a Rob Liefeld signed X-Force 1 still bagged......he signed the poly-bag...................

30 bucks...

Edit - Ok, apparently this is a common thing, there's a bunch out there....why the hell would someone get him to sign the bag?!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I have a box full of his comics signed from the 90s but never on a bag cover.Thats as bad as Death of Superman.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman79 you should only get it graded if you plan to sell it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I say burn it
Post 7 IP   flag post
Unfortunately, I also have several of the X-Force 1 signed on the bag as well. It was a common thing at the time as it preserved the quality the book and the bag contains the cards. We didn't know better (like using leaded gas).

I was thinking of selling it before the kids destroy it. Besides Ebay, what is a good place to sell?
Post 8 IP   flag post
thanks for the info Ladic
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking that the one character on the cover is in shock that the cover is drawn so poorly. What is this topic about? Don't bother telling me. It has to do with Liefeld and I'm not interested.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600891 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?