Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay global shipping program6926

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone use this to sell higher priced items ($100 and up)? I am set up with it and have sold a few items through it no issues. But a buyer from Italy just bought a slab of mine for $280. I have no issues packaging it up well and paying a little extra for some insurance, but I'm not sure how protected I am after it leaves the local distribution center (in Kentucky) and the third party takes it over.

My concern is that this buyer may claim item not received or item not as described...get a refund and keep the item. They have 100% positive feedback (50 total) but hasn't done much in the past year.

I'm considering cancelling the transaction as I'm not sure how well I'm covered/protected. eBay favors buyers. But not sure if GSP would screw me over and I know they're not returning it.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
any item not received claims would be backed by eBay using the GSP item being damaged is really 50/50 sometimes ebay will back you because it was sent gsp and they repackage items at times sometimes they won't
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector shonuff444 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had someone not receive his package through GSP, and eBay took responsibility and paid him. Once it gets to their warehouse, they are responsible. I still got to keep the money that was paid to me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Global shipping is awesome.

All you need to do is to get the book to ebay in Kentucky.

If ebay screws up after that it is on them.

I have sold at least 20-25 slabs this way and have had zero complaints or returns.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
from a Canadian perspective...GSP is a nuisance as it adds cost to Canadian buyers. EBay charges/collects import charges.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I use the GSP, and while it is easy on my end, I have been told that it adds on extra fees. I've considered dropping it and just doing first class international with delivery confirmation to the UK, CAN, GER and where ever else it can be used. I've run into issues with the USPS site when trying it. Apparently the delivery confirmation option is only available online.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
GSP will take responsibility once package is delivered to their offices.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I use the GSP, and while it is easy on my end, I have been told that it adds on extra fees. I've considered dropping it and just doing first class international with delivery confirmation to the UK, CAN, GER and where ever else it can be used. I've run into issues with the USPS site when trying it. Apparently the delivery confirmation option is only available online.

Before I started with GSP I sent one comic to Canada that I sold on the CGC forum a few years ago. While I was able to figure out how to track the shipment I do not think I would absndon the simplicity and security I get from GSP even if it might slightly increase sales by saving some money for international buyers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I don't purchase from anyone on eBay that uses GSP simply because of the added fees. I tend to buy higher priced books and the fees are a percentage based on the selling price. The higher the price the higher the fee. I know a few comic collectors personally who do the same.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
I will never not use the GSP the rate of scammers that enjoy the late delivery or no delivery confirmation or the hold up in customs from certain countries on eBay is on the rise and sure ain't worth the headache
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert86m
I will never not use the GSP the rate of scammers that enjoy the late delivery or no delivery confirmation or the hold up in customs from certain countries on eBay is on the rise and sure ain't worth the headache

Exactly! Prefer less clients than scammer clients were I'll lose money
Post 11 IP   flag post
I totally understand from the sellers POV as to why they would/do use GSP but there's a flipside to honest buyers.

I've actually virtually stopped my Ebay spending because prices are way too high and compounding fees upon fees. it's best to but straight from the businesses website or on forums like this one.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I totally understand from the sellers POV as to why they would/do use GSP but there's a flipside to honest buyers.

Problem is figuring who is an honest buyer and who isn't. Seller beware!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Problem is figuring who is an honest buyer and who isn't. Seller beware!

The problem lies on both sides but the buyer has leverage when it comes to dishonesty and Ebay's loyalty.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601252 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?