Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

My first slabs ever have arrived6914

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
I regret not doing pressing on any of the comics. I also got a low grade ASM 298 5.5.
I am still waiting on a cgc FF49 and two red labels NM #98 and WItchblade #10 from cbcs.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Man, that’s exciting, a black 9.8. Well done!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector goodputter100 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious why you have CGC slabs but posting on CBCS?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Cause people post both company's here. Plus all of our cbcs books are in processing
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodputter100
Curious why you have CGC slabs but posting on CBCS?

I submitted these 6 and the FF49 at the same time as the NM 98 and witchblade 10 at orlando mega con, but these ones arrived first.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user

Congrats! These were my first slabs I ever got back from CBCS (Pre-move). Not the most valuable but they look cool to me and look good on my wall at home! I am waiting for ASM #50 and #800 to come back hopefully within the next couple of weeks! Its so exciting!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
great books!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm very jealous of your ASM 300. I just got into collecting and missed the entire 80s-90s. So that makes that book very pricey to get in that high of condition. Great books Ladic. Jealousy is a stinky cologne. And right now I smell.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5
I'm very jealous of your ASM 300. I just got into collecting and missed the entire 80s-90s. So that makes that book very pricey to get in that high of condition. Great books Ladic. Jealousy is a stinky cologne. And right now I smell.

Thank You!!

In another thread I mentioned that I got this book back in 95 or 96 from a store that had it for $24 but the whole store was 50% of back issues so ended up paying $12, which at the time to me was a lot of money for a comic, I had never spent that much one a single comic before, I was in my early teens.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic
What are the grader’s notes for the ASM #300?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Ladic

where do I find that?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:
@Ladic

where do I find that?

On the on-line submission page. You know, just click on your submission invoice link. Grader's notes are available once the books are shipped.

On my last submission to CGC, I only got notes on 9.4s and lower. No notes for 9.6s, or 9.8s(for obvious reasons).
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:
@Ladic

where do I find that?

On the on-line submission page. You know, just click on your submission invoice link. Grader's notes are available once the books are shipped.

On my last submission to CGC, I only got notes on 9.4s and lower. No notes for 9.6s, or 9.8s(for obvious reasons).

no grader notes for any of them, just checked
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic Just a total guess here, but with everything else going on, I wouldn't be surprised if they are behind on entering notes. The 9.8 will not have any, but the others should. I'd either give them a week or contact them if you need to know now (like if you are selling them). Customer service will be able to tell you any notes on them.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Just to be clear, Jesse, he used CGC on those, not CBCS, so I don’t know what they have going on over there. Do you? If you know someone there, find out why their TAT’s are so fast!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Ladic,

Click on My Submissions, View Status,then click the invoice link. It should bring you to a page like this. I'm assuming you submitted the books yourself, and have a membership.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Jesse_O - Just to be clear, Jesse, he used CGC on those, not CBCS, so I don’t know what they have going on over there. Do you? If you know someone there, find out why their TAT’s are so fast!

Thanks Ed. My bad. I guess I'm just in reaction mode!!! LOL!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
This is what mine looks like, I only have the free memebership
Post 20 IP   flag post
Pretty sure you need the 'paid' membership to see grading notes. That explains it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
At CGC, you have to pay additional for graders notes. At CBCS you do not.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

If you have a paid membership you have access to your own graders notes for 6 months...then the invoice goes away and you lose them. Pissed me off when I paid for a year but 7 months in couldn't get some of them. And after it expired lost access to all of them.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

If you have a paid membership you have access to your own graders notes for 6 months...then the invoice goes away and you lose them. Pissed me off when I paid for a year but 7 months in couldn't get some of them. And after it expired lost access to all of them.

Take screen shots of both the invoice # and graders notes. File on a flash drive for future reference.
Post 24 IP   flag post
How are you going to display your new comics? I can't decided how to do it for myself. I keep going back and forth on several different ideas.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

If you still have your invoice number just enter that and you should be able to see them. Unless your account is expired.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
It would be weird to receive a 9.4 with no grader's notes.

The vast majority of collectors would be up in arms if they didnt receive any, especially on a very very popular key like this.

Also, I'd tend to believe this may even have graded a 9.6 but this book lately grades hard due to its popularity
Post 27 IP   flag post
597887 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?