Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay bad packaging job, can I ask for refund?6906

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Ladic you may wish to redact your personal info on the envelope

I asked the moderators to do it.

I dont understand why most folks on message boards are so secretive about who they are. Facebook has most of the comic conversations nowadays and that is wiiiide open. What’s the difference?

Why? Because I know of two collectors that simply disagreed about something on a message board and one started calling the neighbor of the other guy to stir up trouble for him.
I conversed with a guy online who had to deal with a hostile person that kept calling his boss trying to get him fired. The individual showed up at the house of someone he knew thinking they'd figured out who he was. They were going to confront him at his door step, but they got the wrong person and wrong house.

Identity theft. Harassment. Stalking. I can think of a lot of reasons. Some people have fragile egos. Some have agendas that don't fall into alignment with anything you'd imagine. Your personal info should be dispensed on a need-to-know basis.

bingo!!!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
What else was the book wrapped in? Still looks like it could be a 9.0 but hard to tell from the photos.

A yellow mailer (not paded) and 1 thin piece of cardboard.

That's not acceptable. What did the description say about packaging?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
What else was the book wrapped in? Still looks like it could be a 9.0 but hard to tell from the photos.

doesn't say anything, he charged $4 for shipping, but the package had a price of $3.50
Post 28 IP   flag post
Likely sent first class...and I was just making the point that media mail is a better option as you can send a comic in a robust mailer for under $3 as opposed to being compelled to put the bare minimum (comic in bubble mailer with one piece of thin cardboard) and getting charged $4.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
@Ladic you may wish to redact your personal info on the envelope

I asked the moderators to do it.

I dont understand why most folks on message boards are so secretive about who they are. Facebook has most of the comic conversations nowadays and that is wiiiide open. What’s the difference?

Burglars read internet. Showing your home address and letting the world know you have comics at home is just an invitation waiting to happen.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

doesn't say anything, he charged $4 for shipping, but the package had a price of $3.50

Remember that eBay/PayPal charges 13% of the shipping cost as their fee and sellers also have cost for packing material and time spend to pack it (some more than others)
Post 31 IP   flag post
I have a $100 book coming. I know that in total it only weighs less than 6 ounces. I am definitely worried
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have a $100 book coming. I know that in total it only weighs less than 6 ounces. I am definitely worried

is it coming international? It may not even get to you in one piece!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible PJ’s are the worst!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Will have it on Saturday so shall see but no I don’t expect to get it in one piece
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
First mistake is using a bubble mailer. It offers no protection what so ever for a comic book, In fact I think it actually contributes to the damage by allowing flexibility.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Plain 9x12 Kraft Envelope and Good Rigid Cardboard, but you have to take the time to do it right.

#1 The book has to be bagged a board with the correct size bag (Bag with two boards book between the two boards. Movement is your enemy!

#2 Secure bagged/Boarded book between two pieces of lighter weight cardboard with 1/2 inch clearance on all four sides. I cut the solid pieces from priority mail boxes for this step. I cut one piece with the corrugation going horizontal and the other piece running the opposite way(vertically)

Again movement in your enemy! Center your Bagged/Boarded book on your first piece of cardboard and secure it with tape(Good packing Tape) Place your second piece of cardboard on top and secure ALL four corners and once on each side in the middle, Making a solid sandwich at this point.

#3 Now for the Heavy rigid Cardboard. No flimsier priority boxes here. It must be strong heavier corrigated cardboard. I work in a shipping department and have access to lots of nice heavy cardboard that I cut up and save for packaging.

Now we are going to cut two more pieces of this good solid cardboard. This time leaving a 1/4 inch clearance on the sides and a full 1 inch clearance at the top and bottom.

Now we are going to center our (Bagged/Boarded and sandwiched between our lighter cardboard book from previous step) between our two heavy pieces of cardboard. Be sure to center it so that you have 1 inch clearance on the top and bottom.

Once centered secure with Tape on the middle of both sides (Movement is our enemy)

#4 Next we are going to use pieces of that same Heavy cardboard to cut two 1 inch strips. We are going to place these strips along the top and bottom where we left that 1 inch clearance. Secure these strips with tape so that their are nice and snug against your inner sandwiched book. these will act as bumpers as well as making your package more rigid.

#5 Next we are going to take our other piece of heavy rigid cardboard and place over our other half with the "bumper" Strips in place. Tape ALL four corners tightly with good wide packing tape.

You should now have a solid "BRICK"

#6 Center your "Brick" in a 9x 12 Brown Kraft Envelope(Remove the metal clasp) Fold the top flap as tight as you can and tape it the whole Width across. Now fold both sides of the envelope the entire length as tight as you can get it against your enclosed "Brick". Again any movement is our enemy.

Completely tape the tightly folded sides of the envelope the whole length on both sides.

Now for the corners. tuck and fold each corner and securely tape them. Once the four corners have been securely taped I then go ahead and tape the entire package so that there is nothing left uncovered.

Last Note: I have mailed out over 200 comics this year (First Class) and Never had a return or Damaged Book.

Beings I feel very confident with my packaging technique I NEVER write "Do Not Bend" or "Fragile" on packages. It only tends to piss off postal employee's who then simply say "screw this dick" and kick your package across the room.

I used to be against Media Mail for many of the reasons some have spoke of, But I have since changed my mind on that matter as I can REALLY BOMB PROOF a book at the cost and weight allowed using media mail.

OK Im rambling........

John
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Likely sent first class...and I was just making the point that media mail is a better option as you can send a comic in a robust mailer for under $3 as opposed to being compelled to put the bare minimum (comic in bubble mailer with one piece of thin cardboard) and getting charged $4.

How long should I wait for the seller to contact me about the return? On Monday he replied about the $16 credit, when I replied that I would prefer a full refund he didn't replay back, but this was only 2 days ago. Should I wait a week?
Post 37 IP   flag post
2 working days max. Then force it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will have it on Saturday so shall see but no I don’t expect to get it in one piece

And here it is. Arrived in a plain envelope with no protection except a very thin manila folder. Slight crease but pressable. Amazing it survived

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Best way to teach comic sellers on ebay about packaging is getting a refund. Make them pay the return shipping and maybe they will start learning how to properly package comics.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And here it is. Arrived in a plain envelope with no protection except a very thin manila folder. Slight crease but pressable. Amazing it survived

I would return this book as well
Post 41 IP   flag post
So the seller has sent me a return shipping label, however the shipping label doesn't have any pre-paid postage, is this normal?
Post 42 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Burglars read internet. Showing your home address and letting the world know you have comics at home is just an invitation waiting to happen.

Which is why my collection is no where near my house. The wife doesn't even know where.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So the seller has sent me a return shipping label, however the shipping label doesn't have any pre-paid postage, is this normal?

Yes.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Which is why my collection is no where near my house. The wife doesn't even know where.

Make sure you give her a treasure map!
Post 45 IP   flag post
598061 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?