Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Which Comic you own has appreciated the most in value?6902

Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
All that comes to mind for me is also Batman Adventures #12. At the time my LCS was giving me between 30% and 40% off from cover price, so I either paid 75 or 88 cents for it.

I pretty much bought every DC comic from the mid-80's until my LCS closed in 1998 so I'll have to check and see if any issues shot up in value.I didn't buy a whole lot of Marvels so I'll have to dig through my boxes, but I don't think I have NM 98 or ASM 300.

For TMNT I was a year or two late and missed the first printing of number one, but I do have many of what were published after 1984, along with many other independent comics.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Bought it for a dime.

OO mm

I'll give you $100 fir it. That's an amazing return on your original investment.
Post 28 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Bought it for a dime.

OO mm

I'll give you $100 fir it. That's an amazing return on your original investment.

You'll have to do a little better than that...I was offered a
$100.00 for it back in 1980.

Marty
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few books that I bought in the 90's that are worth substantially more that what I paid for them. The few books below were purchased for .20 each.

I also picked up 4 copies of Preacher #1 at a garage sale. The seller stated her brother owned a comic book store, that closed down, and had his boxes stored at his mom's home. The seller told the brother the boxes were taking up too much space at the mom's house and asked if she could sell some of his books. The brother told her she could as long as she didn't tell her what she sold and the price. There were about 4 boxes of 90's books for 4/$1. The Preachers were overlooked since everyone was looking for books with Deadpool appearances.

I got the 4 graded and it came back with 2 CGC 9.8, 1 CGC 9.6, and a CGC 9.4.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
As a child of the 80s and 90s majority of my collection is drek.

My spawn #1 black and white I bought for cover price is doing OK though.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Here are a couple more books that I think I did well with. The MSH#13 was purchased about three years ago when the Captain Marvel hype was just picking up. I purchased it for, I believe, $40. It looks to be in very nice shape (at least 8.5+).

The second book I bought back in the 90's. Even back then this book was an "expensive" book for me, but when I saw the $40 price sticker, I jumped at the deal. I thought this book would have graded higher, but the back cover had some jagged cuts on the top edge.

Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Man I been trying to find that decapitated head cover for a good price for years.
Post 33 IP   flag post
They're definitely getting harder to find for a good price, but they do pop up from time to time.
Post 34 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
I think this one could be a close second to my SPIRIT #22.

OO

mm
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Found this at a local antique shop. Have yet to send it in for grading, so idk what to expect on it. Paid $6.

Note: This isn’t a scan of my copy. Pulled this pic from comicbookrealm.com.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I paid $20 for this guy some time ago. The signature was free

I bought this guy for like $68 raw. Probably one of my favorite covers of all time. I’m sure it’s cooled off a bit since people realized Suicide Squad was awful

$150 Raw a bit before the Netflix shows started airing

Post 37 IP   flag post
598060 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?