Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

In your opinion what is the best Comic Con to attend if you care aboutcomic6901

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
What is probably the best Comic Con to attend if you want comics to be the main attraction and possibility of finding the best deals.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
The comic-con flyer you randomy find at your LCS thats held in a small hall of some sort in the middle of nowhere.

Nothing is better than those for great deals 👌🏻
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Swap meet....
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Love Baltimore comic con!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Look for a small local con with no media guests, etc. In the Detroit area there is a small monthly con put on by motor city called extrava con. I haven’t been in a while but last time I went it was 3 bucks to get in. No celebrities, no pros signing autographs. Nothing but comics and local dealers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'll echo those who have said small conventions! Find local shows and flea markets and swap meets. Those will have your best deals and the focus will be on comics
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Best in my area is heroes
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This Con is coming back to my area. My friend went last time & said it had a ton more comics than he’d seen at other local shows. I’m definitely attending this time around.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Went to the Chicago one twice. Some great deals to be had, I have more fun with Spokane or Bellingham little one day ones though.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
As stated by several people, the small shows with no frills are the best. Free parking, free or almost free admission, no guests, just comics. I only go to a few bigger conventions for autographs and to drop off comics for grading at the CBCS table in person. There are some comics at the big conventions, but the dealers are spread far apart and it is tougher to find bargins.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Really liked TCAF last year.

Didnt go this year as I didnt recognize any of the guests for the most part
Post 11 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
If you love Golden Age comics, pulps, movie posters and memorabilia, I'd recommend checking out the OAFcon at the luxurious Embassy Suites Hotel in Norman, Oklahoma (just off I-35 south of Okla. City. It's a straight shot north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. This year the dates are Oct. 6-7 and fan/collector admission for the two day event is free (the right price for collectors on a budget). Highly recommended, and it's likely CBCS will be represented in some capacity as Steve Borock has attended the past two years.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman79
Love Baltimore comic con!!!

This!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't been in awhile, but I'd say Heroes Con based on my last visit.

The larger shows are typically not worth the money spent. My rule of thumb is that the cost to attend better be 10% or less than what I'm going to spend. Atlanta had a show that would've cost $50 with fees & parking to visit for one day. I looked at the guest list and decided it was very unlikely I was going to spend $500 at the show. I didn't go. In addition, I hate parking downtown.

One day shows for me.

You can buy actual comics, or you can spend all your money getting into a convention so you can look at them.
I prefer my money to go towards collectibles, not the convention experience.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to try the San Diego Comic Fest next year. Apparently it's comics only.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I'd like to try the San Diego Comic Fest next year. Apparently it's comics only.

I might go to this one also.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I don't go to many comic shows. But as near as I can tell it is the mid size shows (20,000 attendance or so) that seem to focus more on comic books. More comic dealers, more comic creators. Fewer celebrities.

Around here that would be the Lexington Kentucky and Indianapolis Indiana comic cons.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Rose City Comic Con in Portland which takes place in September. I am in Arizona but I fly out to this one
for the past 3 years.

The 1st and foremost focus of this con is COMICS. Yeah they got celebrities, but Dark Horse always makes their presence felt along with comic artists and writer from various big companies.

And you can travel the whole city via lightrail. I get off the plane, jump on the rail to my motel. I can access the main city from the motel via lightrail so I don't park and it's just a 2 minute walk from the light rail to the convention center. Great places to eat around the convention center, the people are warm and friendly, fresh air beautiful weather.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Baltimore. .... then Albany
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.calcomiccon.com/main.aspx
This show is pretty cool. JUST COMICS. No toys or mumbo jumbo.
Website has no date for the next show , but it's usually the end of Jan.
10 bucks to get in and free parking. They have a couple of Artists and CGC is there also. (would rather see CBCS set up at this one)
Post 20 IP   flag post
598063 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?