Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is a yellow/greeb label desirable?6865

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
So I have infinity gauntlet #1 I got signed by George Perez back in 2016, jim starling will be at local con on saturday. Would a yellow/green be desirable? And if I send the comic for pressing will it damage the signatures?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing will not damage signatures. In your case, pressing won't help the grade much due to the rounded corners and edgewear on back cover and spine corners on front cover. You would get a red label at cbcs for signature verification or a green label qualified with "name on cover" notation at cgc.

Probably a 9.0
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic Since the book is already signed, a yellow label isn’t an option since to get a yellow label the signature had to have been witnessed by an Authorized Witness.

Your only options are a green label from CGC, which isn’t as desirable as a yellow label, in which case as @kaptainmyke said, the label will only say “name written on cover in marker”, or a red label from CBCS, which is more expensive (+$25 on top of the notmal grading fees) in which case, if it passes verification, it will say “Signed by George Perez” on the label.

Technicaly, a standard blue label is also an option from either conpany but in that case, the signature will hurt the grade
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Ladic Since the book is already signed, a yellow label isn’t an option since to get a yellow label the signature had to have been witnessed by an Authorized Witness.

Your only options are a green label from CGC, which isn’t as desirable as a yellow label, in which case as @kaptainmyke said, the label will only say “name written on cover in marker”, or a red label from CBCS, which is more expensive (+$25 on top of the notmal grading fees) in which case, if it passes verification, it will say “Signed by George Perez” on the label.

Technicaly, a standard blue label is also an option from either conpany but in that case, the signature will hurt the grade

What I mean is, yes it is already signed by GP, but Jim Starlin will be at local con this saturday, so I can get that sig witness, so it would produce from my understanding a yellow/green label since Starling will be witnessed by GP was not.
However I am not sure if those type of labels are very desirable?
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:

What I mean is, yes it is already signed by GP, but Jim Starlin will be at local con this saturday, so I can get that sig witness, so it would produce from my understanding a yellow/green label since Starling will be witnessed by GP was not.

I don't like green labels at all. Yellow is best followed by red then way down at the bottom is green.

best is get CBCS to witness Starlin and I think you get a Yellow/Red label assuming Perez sig passes.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
A 2nd to GAC. That’s the play.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Spending money on VSP, additional signatures, pressing, shipping, and grading. These will really add expenses to your books. If you plan on reselling, you also add in Ebay and paypal fee's and its doubtful you will cover your expenses, even counting your time as free. If these are for your personal collection enjoy them and make your own decisions. The vast majority of VSP books have a low resale value when compared to the additional costs.

Getting your books signed right out of the gate with a yellow label can sometimes salvage your costs, if the book is in desirable grade.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:

I don't like green labels at all. Yellow is best followed by red then way down at the bottom is green.

best is get CBCS to witness Starlin and I think you get a Yellow/Red label assuming Perez sig passes.

If CBCS can't witness Starlin's sig then go with the red label VSP (Starlin and Perez) with CBCS instead of green CGC.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600893 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?