Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Spiderman #1 and Spawn #1 worth it to get a red slab?6856

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
So from a previous post I made, I have both signed by Todd, I am no grading expert but I would think they are 9.2+ if not higher.
However the dilemma is that both comics are quite readily available, but Todds signature is not as easy to come by.
Would they be worth it to red slab?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Todd is not an easy signature to get.

While you would get a better return on a bigger book I think you would do well to get the red label on those two.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Todd is not an easy signature to get.

While you would get a better return on a bigger book I think you would do well to get the red label on those two.

Thanks, forgot to add, the Spiderman 1 is the regular green cover and the spawn comes with the poster.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
How much money is it going to cost, include shipping to and from and all fees associated from cbcs. I’m leaning towards no don’t do it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the Spawn #1 a newsstand edition? If it isn't newsstand I wouldn't get it verified.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
Is the Spawn #1 a newsstand edition? If it isn't newsstand I wouldn't get it verified.

I would have to double check, but almost sure its Direct Edition
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
How much money is it going to cost, include shipping to and from and all fees associated from cbcs. I’m leaning towards no don’t do it.

Since I could drop off at con, I believe it would cost $43 per comic (only 1 sig needed to be verified) and that should include return shipping per comic, so $86 in total.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd only do the Spawn #1 if it was newsstand. For whatever reason they are worth more than direct edition. Just my 2 cents!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:

Since I could drop off at con, I believe it would cost $43 per comic (only 1 sig needed to be verified) and that should include return shipping per comic, so $86 in total.

Explain how much return shipping costs for two comics.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Quote:

Explain how much return shipping costs for two comics.

Yup, it would be additional $12 return shipping per comic, so in total I am actually looking at $110!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
If you were to sell these on eBay, counting your time as free. How much in fees would this cost you.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Are you planning to sell them? I would only slab them if they are important issues to you. The potential monetary return doesn't seem worth while if you are going to sell.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
Are you planning to sell them? I would only slab them if they are important issues to you. The potential monetary return doesn't seem worth while if you are going to sell.

Truth. If they are important to you and you want them as part of your collection then go for it. But from what has already been pointed out above the monetary return would be minimal, if at all.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Spawn 1 Newsstand Signed by Todd. It’s probably a 9.2 due to some issues with the back cover.

I was thinking of putting it in a red label for resale, but once you include Pressing & shipping, the profit gets cut in half unless it’s a 9.6 or better (last I checked). I’m thinking of selling raw at this point.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd slab the Spawn since a new movie is coming out and they have a A-lister playing Al...If the Spiderman is a 9.6-9.8 I'd slab it to...might be nostalgia talking though...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What is your intention with these? Hold for the PC or sell?

Have you checked eBay sale prices to get a sense value? Should be plenty of sales as these are common.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
What is your intention with these? Hold for the PC or sell?

Have you checked eBay sale prices to get a sense value? Should be plenty of sales as these are common.

for now the idea is to hold them, unless something happens and I do end up needing the money in the future.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601338 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?