Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedComics Silver AgeMemorabiliaWant to Buy

Stolen books need help6766

Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
** need help **

Last Saturday my van was broken into and 3 boxes of graded books as well about 12 framed signed photos. This happened in NC near the Raleigh area. I’ve notified the police as well as called a few local shops. Anyone in the area hear or see anything letting me know would be most appreciated. The photos are some of the rarer items

Also in collection
ASM 129 CBCS 8.0
Marvel value stamp book complete CBCS 4.0
Batman 13 CBCS 2.0 (detached cover and centerfold)
Defenders 1 CBCS 9.6 (signed by Cox, Colter, Jones, Henwick, Ritter)

Thank you for any and all help

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Damn it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
That sucks!!!! Obviously keep an eye on the internet. eBay. I’ve been watching asm 129’s so if I see a cbcs 8 I’ll let you know. Especially if it’s from the east coast.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Added the Spidey 129 to my saved searches on e-bay. If it pops up, I’ll let you know. Is the serial # 17-1057008-002? I can’t quite make it out.

The fact it has White pages & it’s CBCS graded and not CGC will make it stand out a bit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
This is not cool. I am no where near you but will keeping an eye on ebay and mycomicshop if they happen to show up. Might want to call the local pawn shops in your area. The idiots might want to do a quick flip to get cash.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@obiwan1971

Very sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to track these down.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what I was thinking. Not to many cbcs 129’s in 8.0
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of a time in 1990 when I had long boxes or baseball cards and multiples of high end rookies like McGuire USA, Griffey Jr, Bonds and Clemons, Nolan Ryan, Seaver, some Mantle later year cards even Gretzky rookies plus much more, stolen from my house. While most aren’t worth much now, it still sucked having them stolen and sold off for illegal purchases. Oh, how do I know that? It was my brother who stole em. So I feel your pain and will also keep an eye out for you as I am in the northeast.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
I am pretty close to your area and always flipping through local papers for super cheap sports card and comic resale lots will keep an eye out for it
Post 9 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
Oh, how do I know that? It was my brother who stole em.

You guys ain't very close, I take it?
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Even though it would reduce the possible selling price a smart thief would remove the books from their slabs.

Fortunately most thieves are not all that smart.

Before doing anything else, look for your books on craigslist and ebay.

If you have the index numbers recorded somewhere you will be able to see if the books listed are yours or not.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@obiwan1971 post any and all serial numbers on the slabs that you have, it would be helpful for those who add your books to watchlists!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your support @00slim pretty sure you got number right. Problem is I didn’t always take lots of shots of my books before. Been on eBay,Craigslist, OfferUp, letgo, FB everyday and called many local shops.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Those are all I have out of the 80+ books stolen. Plus the ASM number was listed earlier in thread.

Thank you all again. Sorry for crappy shots. I usually only take photos at conventions when my booth is set up. Just was happy when these books came back from grading
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard It was me, my mom and him in the house. They were stored NOT to be found if you didn’t live there. I did however ask him and me being in LE, you know. He had an issue with “things”. We spoke after that incident but there was another “thing incident” where his choices put my mother and son in harms way. That was that. Haven’t seen or spoken to him in over 20 yrs
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, that hurts, I will definitely keep up an extra eye on eBay for these, these are some beautiful books I hope they find themselves back to you
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
We need a name for our little task force who watches out for stolen goods.

The Vengeful Hawkeyes?

I hope you get your books back man
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Check local pawn shops. You might be surprised to know how many stolen items wind up at pawn shops.
Hope you get the collection back.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I realize this is obvious, but if you submitted any of the books for grading yourself the serial numbers should be accessible to you via CGC and CBCS. Just post them all along with information on the titles and grades. Photographs or scans really are not necessary.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here are some serial numbers
Avengers 200 17-1b7e8dd-001
Harley 0 17-1b7e8dd-002
Star Wars 1 17-1b7e8dd-007
Marvel stamp book
17-4011d08-042
Batman 13 17-4011d08-007
FF 112 17-4011d08-021
Four color 30 17-4011d08-028
Hulk Ann 1 17-4011d08-030
Iron man sub-Mariner
17-4011d08-031
Justice league 6 17-4011d08-032
Justice league 8 17-4011d08-033
Jim Olsen 135 17-4011d08-047
ASM 298 17-4011d08-046
Astonishing X-men 1 17-4011d08-001
Defenders 1 17-4011d08-018
Evil Ernie resurrection 1. 17-4011d08-020
Marvel super heroes v2 #8 17-4011d08-041
ASM 129 17-1b52666-002
Detective 59. Invoice #17-4012895
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you all for helping
Post 22 IP   flag post
601455 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?