Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
One of these will be bought in the very near future. Which one should be acquired first. The #14 in 5.0 - 5.5 or #129 in 7.5 - 8.0. Reason for the inquiry is to obtain one sooner rather then later because of potential increase in cost.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
The 14 is a far more important book than 129.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'd get the 129 first. That book heats up every year more, and more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely book 14. This is getting harder and harder to find in good condition each year and the price continues to go up. ASM 129's are more common to come across in higher grade.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is a difficult choice. Just looking at the CGC Census, though, there are almost 3000 graded ASM #14's (a lot higher than I would have guessed) versus close to 9000 ASM #129's. I prefer SA comics. What's your preference?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@esaravo here is an example of my comicnewbie name. What is SA comics?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie

Silver Age - meaning old, like me. There's also Golden Age - my father's generation. And Bronze Age, Copper Age, etc. to denote when a comic was printed. Now everything is Modern.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie

Silver Age - meaning old, like me. There's also Golden Age - my father's generation. And Bronze Age, Copper Age, etc. to denote when a comic was printed. Now everything is Modern.

I should’ve figured that out. Shame lol.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I'd get the 129 first. That book heats up every year more, and more.

14 has been trending up over the past year.

129 blew up significantly over the past couple years due to Pun's usage on Netflix.First uptick in DD netflix,3 years back and it had another large uptick this past year due to his own series.

It doesn't have a lot of room to trend up within the next year, due to those 2 upticks.

ASM 14 however, will likely climb at a significantly higher percentage than 129; just look at the book in GPA over the past year and change.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector spideyfan68 private msg quote post Address this user
Of the first 20 issues of ASM, I have 3 and 14 ranked 1 and 1A with the tie breaker going to 3 because its much harder to find and and almost impossible to find in high grade. Between 129 and 14 go with 14 its a matter of time until the GG is done justice in a movie.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

+14
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

+14

+14
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
if u can score a 129 for a good price raw....grade and sell and use the $$ towards a #14.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyfan68
Of the first 20 issues of ASM, I have 3 and 14 ranked 1 and 1A with the tie breaker going to 3 because its much harder to find and and almost impossible to find in high grade. Between 129 and 14 go with 14 its a matter of time until the GG is done justice in a movie.
I agree. Spiderman#1 was a good movie and I like Willam Defoe but that suit just sucked. He looked too much like an alien to me. I was hoping he would look more like the way he was portrayed in the old 1966 animated series. There is still meat on the bone with ASM#14. I will confess though that I love ASM#129, especially the cover.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598060 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?