COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Some guy who looks like any celeb he wants. Right up your alley lol

Could be interesting adventures
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
That is a fascinating plot shrewbeer!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like the plot of it if I do make it into a movie on YouTube I willcredit story idea by shrewbeer
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Bourne
Why can't I do both one unique one and one more with characters I enjoyed reading as a kid.

I think people watching would be more intrigued by something new. You can't really own someone else's character and you risk a cease and desist order from a lawyer if it upsets the owners.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Well dc comics is ok with it as long as you don't make a film for profit.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, it was a trap!

You changed your name... and here I was so successful at avoiding all of your threads based on your nickname.

Boo to you sir, I say boo!
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Cross Jason Bourne with David Bowie. What do you get?

A pissed off Jason Bourne.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Bourne
Well dc comics is ok with it as long as you don't make a film for profit.

Having a hobby that makes you a profit is always the best way to do things. It's a double win scenario.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I can't wait to shoot there, will be great flashback scenes between clark and lex!
Post 34 IP   flag post
I did a bunch of specialized jump pushups lots of jumping jacks I want to look in at least decent shape for my superman fan film!
Post 35 IP   flag post
I am also doing the stairclimber at the gym this workout that works your and and legs called scissors!
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Cross Jason Bourne with David Bowie. What do you get?

A pissed off Jason Bourne.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I am at 215 right now looking to be 205 by shooting time!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Which is in may to June of next year!
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Along with quality fish and poultry, don't forget to eat fresh green veggies,.. everyday!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Yep I ate veggies today yesterday, the day before.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I also had chicken
Post 42 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
McNuggets don't count.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I know that my dear doctor I had grilled chicken.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@David_Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Kent
I am at 215 right now looking to be 205 by shooting time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Kent
Which is in may to June of next year!

Taking a year to lose 10 pounds seems very achievable, less than a pound a month! 💪🏻🏋🏻‍♂️
Post 45 IP   flag post
Thanks captain canuck buddy!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with your film. There are tons of people out there writing stuff character based or original (some of which is probably great that never sees the light of day). A couple years back I started watching reruns of an old detective series (Columbo) I enjoyed. I came up with some plot ideas for the character and wrote 4 story outlines. Next I researched and purchased a top rated book on screenwriting. I read it and tried to write a script but it is damn tough when you don't know what you're doing. I wanted the character to be a descendant of the original Columbo because I think it would be a mistake to try and recreate the original Peter Falk version. The new guy would have similar traits to the original but some different quirks and qualities. Bottom line is even if I wrote some semblance of a script I wouldn't know who or where to send it to. Most likely I'll just end up fleshing out the stories and enjoying them as a fan written collection.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I worked with a girl when I was about 16 or 17. She was a cashier. I was a bagboy. A few years back I discovered that she'd went on to be a producer on one of Tom Cruise's movies. It was one that I really liked a lot. I emailed her and said hello, but I didn't have much to discuss. I didn't want to drag out or force a conversation about "shop talk". Talking about movie-making would have been forcing her to talk about work and I thought that'd be a pretty crappy way to reintroduce myself after many years. If I wanted serious advice about a script that I'd written, I would email her for advice. It would have to be something very real in development and very seriously along in the process.

I drew a cartoon one time and was concerned about securing proper copyrights. I emailed Jim Shooter and he gave me some quick (very rudimentary) advice. When my cartoon was published in a local magazine, the publisher shut down his magazine about 2 years later to pursue getting his movie script made into a movie. I didn't pry for information, but I listened to anything he said about the process. He had shopped his script around with actors and Casper Van Dien had actually aligned with the script and wanted to portray one of the characters in his script.

From my understanding, it's more than just writing a really good script and having the powers that be read it. They see thousands of really good scripts. You have to rally support for the script, align with people who are willing to give it a shot and promote it. You have to justify the demographics it will appeal to and show how the built-in audience will pay for the marketing and make it profitable. Maybe I'm just describing it in my layman's understanding, but even the people which appear to be powerful in Hollywood are run through the meat grinder and treated as a bought and sold commodity. Someone was having me put together a care package to pitch my cartoon to a Hollywood producer, but I saw people acting like they wanted to steal credit for things they had nothing to do with and it really annoyed me. I wasn't ready to quit my job and be a fish out of water in California with no clearly defined income coming in. I put the brakes on everything and never met the guy. I'm not really a script writer or an artist. I just had ideas that people liked on paper. I'm not really sure how to translate creative ideas into money if I'm too lazy to put pen to paper or learn how to draw.

One big tip I heard from a novelist is that if you want a book published... write a book. Sit down and actually finish a book. People write a chapter and quit. They shop it around before it's finished. It is my firm belief that the difference between a famous person and most of the people that aren't famous is that the famous people got off their posterior and actually did something. Most of us start something and look for road signs to get to a destination that we haven't even defined. If you don't know where you're going, you probably won't get there.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
@X51

Great stuff. Goes to show that even in todays world of multiple access media it's hard to break through even with great material. Music is a good example. You have dozens of avenues to ply your trade, YouTube, American Karaoke ah errrr Idol, The Voice, local singing competitions etc. Yes there are the noteworthy breakthroughs but there are 10 of thousands that never hit the "big time". Some are happy to grind it out as studio musicians and local bands.

Several years ago a friend of mine opened a recording studio in town. It had steady solid business with very minimal advertising needed. I worked part time for him recording and mixing these various singers/groups because I have a good ear for separating sound. Most of them were pretty good and we could produce nice sounding cuts for them. Some were uh 'not quite ready for prime time'. But there were a handful of smashing great music. None of which I know hit the big time. And this was just one small studio in a large city that had plenty of others. You have to work your butt off, find the right path, or hit lightning in a bottle to make it a reality. Luck sometimes plays the biggest part in a win.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I tend to migrate towards people who have something going on and do it well. Perhaps that is a byproduct of not being easily impressed. Up until very recently, I worked alongside a guy who had done sound mixing as an intern for Ceelo Green just before he had a breakthrough hit. He was telling me an insiders view of Atlanta's recording industry. I pick up tidbits of everything. The first comic show I did was alongside the sound mixer (on the road) for the band Jackyl. Actually, he is partially responsible for me getting back into comics in the 90's. He was a friend of a friend. The three of us tried our hand at selling comics at a local show. When Jackyl got their recording contract, I think the record label forced him out. My first job in high school was setting up concerts for a radio station in town as contract labor. It was all physical work, but I got paid while the show was going on and got to sit backstage and watch the bands from the side of the stage. I've known a lot of people who knew a lot of people. I'd get to hear stories of Ted Nugent getting food poisoning from his own deer jerky. Klaus Meine forgetting the lyrics to one of the Scorpions' biggest hits while doing sound check for a German TV performance. Bizarre stuff. I got to see Metallica from the snake pit in the center of their stage. Cool memories... but seemingly a lifetime ago.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I won't be able to use the same arrangement of the superman theme from john Williams due to copyright!
Post 51 IP   flag post
But that's all Right I can use a new arrangement or anew theme!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rewrote my script added a new scene with a flashback how Clark and lex officially become enemies the movie is going to be a blend of smallville and superman returns Esq.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I reached some smallville episodes and superman returns for research purposes.
Post 54 IP   flag post
It was fun seeing it again it is disappointing tom welling would not wear the tights for the finale!
Post 55 IP   flag post
597981 148 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?