Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Going to go forward with my superman fan film finaly i am rewritren the scr6582

Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Finally going to go forward with the superman fan film.
Post 1 IP   flag post
In the film I will show flashback scenes how Clark and lex become enemies.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
After reading the title of this thread, it worries me that you are writing a screen play.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Why are you worried condition?
Post 4 IP   flag post
What is wrong with me writing a script?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Because you are doomed to failure with this endeavor unless you get control of your grammar, spelling and punctuation. And I don't think you handle failure well.

But then again. Maybe you are only doing it for yourself and not for anyone else. If so, have at it and enjoy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It is just for fun once it gets filmed it will be put on YouTube I am not expecting it to be a masterpiece by any means
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I spent 2 years learning how to properly write a screenplay. It has to be the correct format, length, dialogue, and scene changes in order to get noticed or picked up. Otherwise, it's just fan fiction really and I wouldn't bother with the phrase "screenplay" and just call it prose.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Exactly it is just a script not screenplay and condition are you trying to help me or not!
Post 9 IP   flag post
You seemed a little rude!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZszextv6yE
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks kaptain myke, buddy for the like on my comment!
Post 12 IP   flag post
That video has good advice but.....too wordy. If you use descriptions all day long in your parenthetical and action sections, you'll end up with a screenplay over 600 pages long! Most screenplays should be under 160-180 pages.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I tried accessing the video it won't work for me what is the title of the video ?I will look it up.
Post 14 IP   flag post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZszextv6yE

Choose your words carefully, and be concise but short and to the point. You are not Quentin Tarantino. He is not someone to mimic as a screenwriter because he did not get into Hollywood the typical way, if you will. I studied both him and Robert Rodriguez. If I had my choice I'd listen more to Robert Rodriguez and his 10 minute filmschool.
Post 15 IP   flag post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YpfievjSk

Robert Rodriguez and his 10 minute filmschool
Post 16 IP   flag post
Robert Rodriguez's Top 10 Rules For Success

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSqHhjnJpI
Post 17 IP   flag post
He is awesome I am watching the video right now!
Post 18 IP   flag post
i had an option for filming rights and permits to one of my screenplays, "Rose Hall", but i'd have to put 10% down up front...which could cost me over 100k. I do not feel like securing a 100k loan against my assets for a film that could flop. Where to they find these peopel?! Plus one of the location shots would be in Jamaica which is not realistic right now for an independent film.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Oh wow jamaica,that would have been jaw dropping cool !
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Writing a script and making a film with someone else's characters isn't how I want to spend my time, but everyone is different. Why don't you create your own characters and make a film with them instead?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Why can't I do both one unique one and one more with characters I enjoyed reading as a kid.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Why don't you create your own characters and make a film with them instead?

Agreed 100%
Post 23 IP   flag post
All Right I have this idea for a bourne spinoff with unique characters!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Where I play David bourne who gets sent to a mental heath asylum run, by a crooked government organization
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Some guy who looks like any celeb he wants. Right up your alley lol

Could be interesting adventures
Post 26 IP   flag post
That is a fascinating plot shrewbeer!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like the plot of it if I do make it into a movie on YouTube I willcredit story idea by shrewbeer
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Bourne
Why can't I do both one unique one and one more with characters I enjoyed reading as a kid.

I think people watching would be more intrigued by something new. You can't really own someone else's character and you risk a cease and desist order from a lawyer if it upsets the owners.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Well dc comics is ok with it as long as you don't make a film for profit.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601318 148 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?