Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ethics of buying potentially valuable items from non-collector6561

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This thread will get locked.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
How long do you think it will take before it gets known how you handle your customers.

Once again, I am not a dealer. I'm a collector that answered a great ad. I have no customers.

You know this does add another wrinkle. Personally if you're making a purchase for your personal collection, i would venture to say the "ethics standard" is significantly lower/non-existent. Conversely, if you're a seller buying inventory or something of the like, then i would argue that you have a higher "ethical standard" to adhere to, regarding karma, paying it forward, all that jazz.

You are absolutely wrong.

Morality is absolute; there are no grey areas in right and wrong.

I have to disagree. This is not entirely different than a going out of business sale. If your local electronics shop went under and was having a liquidation sale, you wouldn't buy a large flat screen television at bargain basement price? Arguably it's the same difference if you're paying $500 for a tv worth $5k or something similar. Also, I still stand by my initial statement that some of the blame is on the seller. She was too lazy to check value, or simply didn't care. If I inherit something from a relative, like plates, or something I have no interest in, I'm going to either do a little leg work on my end to make sure I don't get fleeced or ask someone who has more knowledge on the material than i do. Again, I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but I am certainly, unequivocally saying that there IS a gray area. Especially when morals are different from person to person, largely dependent upon ones environment and life experience.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@CopperAgeKids Morality is objective. There is no one answer. Every culture, person, religion has different moral values. I don’t think it is polite to scold someone who doesn’t follow what you perceive as the “right way”. Very similar to a religion that thinks anyone who doesn’t believe the same things as their faith is going to Hell.

You forgot to drop the mic. Well done
Post 103 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Link

Wohoa... well this just thread got even more interesting 😮

Two mic drop posts in the span of a few minutes. KN is on fire 🍺
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids Morality is objective. There is no one answer. Every culture, person, religion has different moral values. I don’t think it is polite to scold someone who doesn’t follow what you perceive as the “right way”. Very similar to a religion that thinks anyone who doesn’t believe the same things as their faith is going to Hell.

Not to nitpick, but I think you meant subjective.
Post 105 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Morality is a social construct.
Post 106 IP   flag post
601333 106 6
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.