Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

My 1st and 2nd CBCS submissions.608

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I realize most of you probably don't care but I recently sent off my first CBCS submission to be graded and just this morning I mailed off my second submission to CFP Comics to be pressed and then graded.

My first submission included:
-Marvel Team Up #141
-Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8
-Amazing Spider-Man #301
-Amazing Spider-Man #344
-Amazing Spider-Man #361

My second submission included:
-Daredevil #181
-Ultimate Fallout #4
-Amazing Spider-Man #238 (2 copies)
-Amazing Spider-Man #252
-Amazing Spider-Man #298
-Amazing Spider-Man #299

Nothing Earth shattering but I'm excited about it. I recently told another member that I get almost as excited about sending a submission in as I do about getting one back. I still have some CGC slabs from my submission to them that I need to submit to CBCS but maybe that will be in the next submission.

So what about you all? What's your latest submission? Anyone getting close to getting something back?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
congrats! my first submission was my iron man#1. my second submission should be in the grading room soon and hopefully getting them back by the end of july sometime. hulk #102, iron man#2 and #3, and amazing spiderman #300. good luck to you sir!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some fun books!

My first submission (submitted at St. Louis Comic Con last weekend):
-Avengers 144 signed by George Perez
-Marvel Super-Heroes 12 signed by Stan Lee at Planet Comicon
-Marvel Super-Heroes 13

My second submission (mailed out yesterday):
-Harley Quinn 0 blank variant with a copic sketch by Chad Hardin
-Moon Knight 1 (2016) signed by Greg Smallwood
-New Teen Titans Annual 2

I used Fast Track on the 1st submission, but not the 2nd. These are going to be displayed in my home and not resold (at least not anytime soon).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I used Fast Track on the 1st submission, but not the 2nd. These are going to be displayed in my home and not resold (at least not anytime soon).

ha! me too! once in the collection, always in the collection. I have some keys framed and hung in my back room. I don't resell comics, but totally appreciate the ones who do- that way I can buy them. they will all eventually be passed down to my daughter one day.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Mr_adam_R
Sounds great. I've always really liked the cover of ASM #300. I'm currently working on collecting as many cover swipes of that cover that I can find. When I get my house built I want to display them all together. I rarely sell comics too. I will probably sell one copy of those 238's. I'll keep the best one and sell the other.

@samediarchon
I don't use Fast Track but maybe I should. Trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible lol. I like your books and can't wait to see them when you get them back.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Andy:
Keep me in mind for that 2nd ASM 238. It's one of my favorite comics!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@samediarchon
Will do. I have a buddy who's interested in it so if he doesn't get it, I will hit you up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia Congratulations!

I think I've only shipped out two orders myself.

The first one, shortly after CBCS opened to the public, was an ASM 50. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for a cousin who likes the Kingpin but it was the first Silver Age book I ever bought so I couldn't stand to part with it. It turned out fine for my cousin cuz I had a custom-bound Kingpin collection made for him that included that issue (well, a reprint of it) anyways.

The second order I shipped was a larger order

ASM 129
ASM 135
ASM 162
ASM 31
ASM 29
Daredevil 131
Daredevil 168
Daredevil 181

Most of my orders get sent in by artists I get commissions from or through facilitators.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite
I need to get my ASM 129 pressed, cleaned, and reslabbed by CBCS. It's in a CGC holder but it's one of the older ones so I'm thinking I may just leave well enough alone? It looks great the way it is. Love the Daredevil books. My 131 is on it's way to me and it's definitely going in the next submission. This stuff is exciting lol. I currently have two books that were sent in by a facilitator who was at Hero Con in Charlotte. He got them signed for me and submitted them to CBCS. Can't wait to get those back either.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia My ASM 129 is actually getting reslabbed soon. It's currently with a facilitator to get signed by John Romita, Gerry Conway, and hopefully Stan Lee
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
@dielinfinite
I need to get my ASM 129 pressed, cleaned, and reslabbed by CBCS. It's in a CGC holder but it's one of the older ones so I'm thinking I may just leave well enough alone? It looks great the way it is. Love the Daredevil books. My 131 is on it's way to me and it's definitely going in the next submission. This stuff is exciting lol. I currently have two books that were sent in by a facilitator who was at Hero Con in Charlotte. He got them signed for me and submitted them to CBCS. Can't wait to get those back either.

I had my ASM 129 in CGC 9.0 old case. After looking it over, I had it pressed and regraded. It came back a 9.4 and I was super stoked. Then CaseGate hit and the book displayed fanning in the new slab. A few days later, all my books in new CGC slabs were packed up and sent to CFP, then they'll be forwarded to CBCS. I was 50-50 with using both CGC and CBCS, but with recent events, it'll be 100% CBCS for the foreseeable future.
Most recent set includes Punisher limited series 1-5, signed by Mike Zeck. They'll be red label books, since there was no AW for either company at that show. But I have the COAs to go with the books when I get them back.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Awesome! I love CBCS' red label program. I have 2 Green Label CGC books sent to CBCS green labels but they each have 4 sigs I want to get verified so they come out to about $100 each >_< So I'm kind of putting them off for as long as I can. I'm not planning on selling so there's no real hurry.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I just got back my THIRD CBCS submission this morning and I want to show it off to someone who likes and appreciates this sort of thing. Rather than start a 3rd Submission thread, I figured I'd post here. All of the books are Silver Age, from between 1966 and 1969, and except for the Nick Fury, have been in my personal collection for 30 to 40+ years (so I know that they were never cleaned or pressed). I did cherry-pick them for grade, so they represent (IMO) some of the best conditioned SA books that I own.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
Those are beautiful comics! I think my favorite out of the bunch is that SHIELD comic, tho Cap 109 is a close 2nd.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thanks samediarchon! I really like the cover to CA #109 too. My first submission to CBCS included my prized copy of Nick Fury #1, so when I saw the Dali-esque #7 at my LCS, I had to have it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko's art was amazing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I will most likely never own the originals, but I am fortunate that I purchased the Golden Record Reprints a long, long time ago using the good old USPS! And you think "30 business days" seems like a long time. Try mailing in your order, waiting for it to be received, waiting for your check to clear, and then waiting for the return mail. I could be mistaken, but I think I bought them from a dealer named Samuel L. Frasier for around $25 for the set. Of course, minimum wage was just over $2 an hour back then.

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
Right on esaravo. I love threads like this.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Then the next four are for you Andy/Robbie. Don't know how you ended up a Bruins fans, well welcome to the suffering (in my opinion, they should have gotten rid of Claude and overhauled the team)! It's always great to see new names and faces in this hobby/obsession. And it's always an honor to thank someone for serving our country, too. Thank you.

Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
@esaravo Gotta love ASM! The other books are pretty rad too. Thanks for sharing. As for Boston, my father is/was a huge Red Sox fan. So naturally so am I (he raised me right). Well he is also a hockey fan, you see where this is going lol. I'm also a Red Wings fan but I love watching the Bruins play. I only ever get to see them when they play the Hurricanes in NC. It's usually pretty funny cause there's almost, if not more, more Bruins fans at the Hurricanes games than Hurricanes fans! Gotta love it. As far as serving, no need to thank me. The pleasure was all mine. That being said I'm glad I'm out lol.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Wow, those are some amazingly nice books.
Congrats on keeping them in such great condition.
Post 30 IP   flag post
603959 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?